[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I come to terms with things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

How can I come to terms with things?

Last week my gf of 2 years broke up with me. Instead of wasting time thinking about I decided to use tinder and POF, thinking I would find women easily.
I was wrong every time I tried, and believe me I kept getting rejected, I tried to not show in any way that I was desperate or sad. This rejection got mixed with the lingering feeling of not having a gf.
Man I got so mad. I was feeling pissed that these girls thought they were all hot shit; they all believed they were unique, but all they were just basic bitches.
These women are boring as shit.
How do I come to terms that I’ll probably be single for the rest of my life?
How do I come to terms to the fact that traps aren’t gay?
>>
>>18482165
>Implying all of that shit
>>
>>18482192
>got rejected
>"bitches are just shit."
"you're just mad"
>implying shit

So do you want advice here or just people who echo your opinions?
>>
>>18482159

You are grieving your relationship. Give it a bit of time and you'll crawl out of that funk. It lasted two years man, that's a lot. You have to process all of this.
>>
>>18482247
Yes I want advice, What do you advise me to do?
>>
>>18482267
>>18482267
>You have to process all of this.
You are right about this, It took me by surprise and I still havent processed it.
Kinda fucks me up to is that I was scheduled to have a date today and I got stood up.
>>
>>18482294

That would shake anyone. And you are specially "vulnerable" right now.

I'd say you should slow down on the whole online dating scene, and maybe do more things by yourself. After two years, I bet you two shared a lot and spent a lot of time together. Maybe it's be nice to see who you "are" now before trying for another relationship.
>>
>>18482273
Stop believing your own stories. Stop worrying how things should be and enjoy them as they are.
>>
>>18482302
>you are specially "vulnerable" right now.
>I'd say you should slow down on the whole online dating scene, and maybe do more things by yourself. After two years, I bet you two shared a lot and spent a lot of time together. Maybe it's be nice to see who you "are" now before trying for another relationship.

I think you are right about this.
I just would like to know what do you mean why you say I should find out who really ''am I''
>>
>>18482306
What the fuck are you talking about?
I dont self delude myself .
>>
>>18482343

When we share our time, we make compromises. We do things because our partner wants to. We stop doing things that bother them. We create routines around both our jobs/responsibilities.

Now that you are free, you can decide what you want and how you want it. See how that feels like.
>>
>>18482350
So every woman is shit and you surely will not ever find anyone?
If it's just nonsense why do you get mad?
>>
>>18482376
Zero correlation to anything that's been said. Trying to set up some past-due strawmen perhaps?
>>
>>18482382
>Zero correlation to anything that's been said.
...are you serious?

>these girls thought they were all hot shit; they all believed they were unique, but all they were just basic bitches.
>These women are boring as shit.
How this is not saying "every woman is shit"?

>How do I come to terms that I’ll probably be single for the rest of my life?
How is this not saying "I surely will not ever find anyone"?
>>
>>18482376
Stop making judgments because you are offended because this is no place for it.
I can tell you are a woman by the way you talk. so Tits or GTFO
>>
>>18482350
Except everybody deludes themselves all the time. If you're going to lie to yourself (and you ARE lying to yourself) might as well do it in a way that won't make you sad, bitter and/or angry.

But, either way, "deluding yourself" in a specific way is really fucking hard so forget about that. What you should be doing is find enjoyment and happiness in something other than pussy. You're obsessed with having a girlfriend and this is not healthy, it should never be your primary goal or your main source of happiness and excitement. When you finish a long relationship you should always take some time to reflect on it and on yourself. Find out who you are outside this relationship, what you like, what you want, what you enjoy. Figure out what went wrong in your relationship (and I mean what actually went wrong in the first place, no the pretexts), what she did wrong, what YOU did wrong, what were your differences and how they could've been managed.

And again, find a source of happiness and excitement that isn't a relationship with a woman. If you NEED a relationship you probably won't get a good one.
>>
>>18482362
Sounds reasonable so I will put my time to good use.
>>
>>18482407

this is some great advice. You are right on many things, especially when it comes to reflection on what went wrong.
I guess many things regarding me, I am not the empathetic kind of person and she needed that because she is depressed.
I cant empathize with her, everytime she would tell me something which made her feel depressed or anxious, I would try to offer advice instead of comforting words.

She was also constantly hurt by many things I said, an issue which I told her we could solve by helping her grow thicker skin.
>>
>>18482404
How am I offended? How am I judging?
I'm telling you that to me you seem just pissed off because you got stood up. Chill and stop thinking you will feel this way forever. You will feel sad and happy and angry and ashamed and horny and in love many times in your life still and it's just stupid to think otherwise.

Also 25 male here.
>inb4 you write like a gril
I sure do care
>>
>>18482404
Still could send those tits if you really want tho
>>
>>18482452
do it
>>
>>18482159
I guarantee every woman you tried to flirt with on tinder has a dozen or more guys messaging her the same generic shit right now. How can you seriously act surprised at the response you get on tinder? Of course they're boring people, they want a few clicks to be their love life.
>>
>>18482459
that is probably true.
>>
>>18482458
nah not worth it would get banned instantly just google manboobs
>>
>>18482159
OP, it took me 2 months to feel OK for dating again after my 2 years relationship ended. You jumped in way too soon bro. With that being said,
People on POF and Tinder are generally terrible people who are looking for someone else to fix their life or just want a friend with benefits. I'm not into either of those. I'm not a player, I'm an adult, I don't do pick up lines, but I can have a good conversation. I work out every day, read a lot, and have a good social network of friends i regularly hang out with. POF and Tinder was nothing but do you want to hook up or girls talking about all their problems. For online dating, I had my best luck on Eharmony and Match.com. At least there everyone acted like adults and the dates were usually pretty nice, though you do have to pay money for those. Best of luck OP, I'm in my 30s and as of right now, the dating scene is pretty messed up and I don't blame it all on women. From what I have heard, a large majority of men on these sites are liars, sleazy, and flat out rude.
>>
>>18482487
>People on POF and Tinder are generally terrible people who are looking for someone else to fix their life or just want a friend with benefits.

>From what I have heard, a large majority of men on these sites are liars, sleazy, and flat out rude.

You are right about this,instead of using dating websites I was thinking of just picking women up outside, I just dont know where.
>>
>>18482504
There are bars, but I really dislike that type of atmosphere and the people that frequent them. I'm just not into all the drama that the bar scene brings with it and the people as I'm in my 30s. My best luck at meeting people has been being more social, and trust me, it was very hard at first because I have high functioning autism. So, for me it worked like this, meeting people on the rail trail (where you walk and run). Slow at first but you slowly get to know the regulars if you say hi and remain open to chatting as you run. Giving back to your community in the form of volunteer work. If you like pets, volunteer at a shelter, there are lots of girls who do the same, for me it was volunteering at the library and soup kitchen in town. I met some really nice women who were within my preference for attraction (not the homeless ones). Finally, if you are at a least bit religious, join a church and go there regularly. Within a year you will have a wife. I'm not kidding, I have two friends who did this but they were religious, and I am notish so that part won't work for me.
>>
Lost my gf of 3 years a few months ago. I was desperate as shit and kept trying to hang out. We'd have sex every once in awhile, but I could tell any feelings she had were gradually fading as she found someone knew. Today her mom called and told me how much she liked us together, but that I should move on. Essentially, in the nicest way possible, "stop talking to my daughter."

This fucking sucks man. I don't know how you fuckers go through with a breakup. This is my first time and I'm not exaggerating when I say I would like to die right now. Just pretending that the woman you wanted to spend your life with is gone is impossible. I'm sure in some time I'll look back on her and laugh at how much she sucks, but right now I'd fight a bear to get her back. It's pathetic, but it's the truth.
>>
>>18482514
Firs time is rough, after a while you become closed off emotionally to these sort of things and you bounce back easier. Focus on yourself for a while and be selfish with what you want to do. that helps until you feel ok again.
>>
>>18482512
I really like your idea of volunteering and meeting girls there, and also the church one.
What kind of church did your friends go to ?
>>18482514
this anon is right >>18482520
>>
Same shit as on all dating sites.
Then after 3 months you get messaged by a 30 yr old whale who lives with her parents and you're like

>Maybe, i should give this a try..

Except you always end up breaking it off, because you can't deal with dating someone who
>doesn't turn you on sexually
>>
>>18482578
Exactly, women in dating website are mostly terrible.
But the men are also hanging fruit.
>>
>>18482589
I mean low hanging fruit
>>
>>18482589
I was less of a hanging fruit 10 years ago. Now im just a fat guy with a fat salary.

So yeah, i deserve it, we are probably on the same level.
>>
>>18482601
>i deserve it, we are probably on the same level.
No you dont deserve it unless you were sending them unrequested dick picts.

Congrats on your fat salary, I am studying my way to one.
>>
>>18482615
You don't really need a degree for that, but its good to have, and it makes things easier.
>>
>>18482634
I'm currently getting my degree.
Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>18482554
One was Baptist and the other was Methodist. Avoid Catholic like the plague.
>>
>>18482706
Im catholic, but I am not american, why should I avoid the catholic church?
>>
>>18482974
Catholics usually aren't serious about religion at all so they live the same kind of lives as anyone else. Plus depending on where you live, all the Catholics might be Mexicans.
>>
>>18482995
>Catholics usually aren't serious about religion at all so they live the same kind of lives as anyone else
Understood. Thanks for the heads up anon
>>
>>18482159
Tinder is for getting laid. Pof is for skanks and weirdos. Meet gf grade women through social interactions.
>>
>>18482306
This is advice I need to follow, but I find it hard to not think as much. All I do is thinking, throughout the whole day and night. It's 4 am and I have been fucking myself up again for another 4 hrs. This is what I call sleeping. I need help, I have never asked help in my life, but this isn't going the right way man
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.