[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mentally preparing my father for me moving out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2778.jpg (55KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2778.jpg
55KB, 634x634px
My father lost his wife of 30 years, custody of his daughter, and around $50000 in a divorce last year. He kept the house, but me and him are the only ones left in it. He's strong willed, but I can tell that losing the family that he's worked so hard for has taken a toll on him. I will be moving out some time before the end of this year and want to make it as painless as possible for him. Any advice? He'll be stuck in the house that used to hold everyone he cared about, completely empty, and I'm worried what that will do to him. Also he has to work 60 hour weeks to singlehandedly pay the bills now.
>>
I was going to suggest a puppy to keep him active, but 60 hour work week wouldn't be good for a dog with no one else to help take care of it.

I say move out but come back to visit on the weekends
>>
>>18482048
I don't think there is anything particularly you can do to make it more painless, other than talking to him.

> Also he has to work 60 hour weeks to singlehandedly pay the bills now.
He has to work more now? Why? Something about the divorce agreements...?
>>
Your dad should sell the house and get him a bachelor pad, son.
>>
>>18482048
Visit him at least once a month if you live close by. Call him every other day.
>>
>>18482170
This. He doesn't need a house for five people anymore. If he sells the house and buys something smaller, he'll have some left over from the house sales for savings and he won't have to work 60 hours a week.
>>
>>18482170
>>18482193
/thread

being alone in an empty house feels much worse in a big one, since it feels "emptier"
>>
>>18482139
My mother contributed a decent amount towards paying the bills as well, which haven't gone down a whole lot.
>>18482170
He should, but he's spent thousands of hours building and renovating the house (he's a woodworker) . Leaving it will be hard.
>>18482183
Good idea
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.