[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

My PC has been shutting itself down because of overheating. What can I do, I cannot get it repaired, I'm a femanon soI don't know how to open it up and fix it myself. I cannot afford a laptop fan either. Save me, I can't live without my laptop.
>>
>>18481323
If it's a Macbook, as in the picture, then yes, that's just poor design on Apple's part. Macbooks overheat under even a moderate load unless you have some sort of external cooling or the ambient temperature is fairly low.

Considering that a laptop cooling pad costs like $10-$20, you're a dope if you shelled out the money for an Apple product.

You can find videos on youtube for how to open most brands and models of laptop, as well as information on how to clean out dust and even replacing faulty fans. If you're not able to follow and figure out how to do it on your own, that has nothing to do with your gender -- you just aren't very bright.
>>
>>18481323
>>/g/
sqt
>>
What are you putting it on? If you're putting it on your lap or a pillow it will get up like crazy. You might be running too many things at once too. What type of laptop is it?
>>
>>18481323
If you still have warranty, send it in.
If not, unscrew the back cover ("bottom" of the laptop), remove all dust and hair. Go find someone not tech illiterate and have them replace the thermal paste.
Buy a laptop cooling pad for less than a day's wage.
>>
>>18481372
>If you're not able to follow and figure out how to do it on your own, that has nothing to do with your gender -- you just aren't very bright.
I don't have the tools to open it up. Never needed a screwdriver before.

>>18481481
I have like 10 tabs at the same time, utorrent on and watching something on vlc player. It used to handle that much but I guess summer affects it, too.

>>18481508
I bought it in 2013, warranty was only for 2 years. I need a new one honestly, been looking for a summer job. Tech stuff are expensive where I live.
>>
>>18481703
>10 tabs open at once
REEEEEEEEEEE THIS TRIGGERS ME CLOSE THE FUCKING TAB WHEN YOU'RE DONE AHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>18481714
I'm a tab junkie. I used to have more than 100 at a time. No wonder my laptop is dying on me now.
>>
>>18481722
A tab junkie lel
>>
>>18481703
Must suck to not know anyone who owns a screwdriver.

You can reduce the CPU load from multiple tabs by disabling Adobe Flash (if you haven't already).

If you're really fucking cheap, use some sort of spacer (block of wood, tile, paperback book) to lift your laptop off the table so there's airflow underneath, and use a regular table fan. Don't block ventholes and leave hot areas on the bottom of the laptop exposed so that air can flow past them to cool the computer down.
>>
>>18481703
Who the fuck doesn't own a screwdriver.
>>
>>18481703
Then go buy a screwdriver, it's like $5. Seriously, you're going to need to learn how to fix stuff around the house. Either that or call someone to help you for every minor inconvenience. Your overheating problem might be just because too much dust collected in your laptop, if that's the case all you have to do is clean it.
>>
>>18481323
Blow it out with an airgun. You'll be surprised at all the dust and shit clogging up the fans and overheating your processor.
>>
>>18481928
>>18481962
>>18481988
Thank you all. I will try to open it up and clean the dust.

Someone said that I could off my pc's shut down if too hot function, would that permanently damage it?
>>
>>18482256
>would that permanently damage it?
Yes, that's very likely. Don't do that.
>>
This thread has to be a reject bait thread from /g/.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.