[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumped due to childhood abuse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1498836959423.jpg (25KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498836959423.jpg
25KB, 512x512px
I was in an abusive situation with a parent, as a child.

The situation was that the parent was the scientist and the child was the experiment.

I am 26. I have had some relationships, one I told her at 4 months, she cried and we felt closer than ever, then she dumped me a few days later when I would reference it in conversation. I was angry at her after.

I never told my next two girlfriends and they last over a year each, longest 18+ months.

I told my most recent girlfriend after a year of dating exactly. She broke up with me 11 days later, said that she was a bad person and couldn't handle it when I started referencing it in our conversations.

I feel extremely angry at the people I told but I also understand. Am I doomed to two choices

>alone and truthful
>loved and lying
>>
What do u mean by referencing it in the future conversations?
>>
>>18481248
Example the child was made to eat a paperclip sometimes. I don't like owning paperclips, girlfriend left forms from her work at my apartment. Ex cries and apologizes and takes all papers out of apartment

Example the child was locked in a room no food or toilet. Lasted over day multiple times to see if child could find a password so the parent would open the door. I mention it once when we watch TV game show. Ex cries and holds me
>>
>>18481248
No yelling or fighting. Just asking or mentioning in conversations
>>
Man that sucks. You shouldn't have to hide things like that, but it's a lot of baggage that not everyone can handle. I say it's a combination of bad luck and more bad luck. If you haven't already, I suggest seeing a head doctor of some kind. Mine was pretty crappy, but having that overpaid venting board did help me work out some of my issues. Also, maybe date a nurse? They see some crazy shit. Not being funny, just spitballing.

Hang in there. If it's any consolation, my parents were cool to me and I'm gonna die alone anyway.
>>
>>18481296
Hahaha golden

Ok.. nobody likes the truth dude.. only few people on this planet will want to hear your real story. Your story is not relatable and people may feel alienated by it.. you know? It's difficult to empathize.. And for example the paper clip thing you just cannot get it out of your head.. fyi.. most people are loved and lying for these very reasons
>>
>>18481269
>I mention it once when we watch TV game show. Ex cries and holds me.

Time and place. Sounds like you're bringing up heavy emotional issues during the day while they're trying to work or relax. After a while it becomes depressing and a drag to hear about stuff like that.

I'm sure they would accept you, as long as you don't keep referencing your trauma every other day.
>>
>>18481243
Its good for them to know the truth tell them of your situation but try to get it through them that you aren't fazed by it. If you ARE fazed then get therapy. It won't get better until you let that past go and your partners realize that you aren't in pain and suffering from it.

t. Someone who was regularly beaten and screamed at daily by mom.
>>
>>18481343
I mention it twice in 11 days. Once a month is ok? It is painful to not mention it when I think about it.
>>
>>18481349
You were able to go over a whole year without mentioning it to your ex at all. Why increase the frequency all of the sudden? But yeah, once a month is perfectly reasonable.
>>
Then DONT FUCKING MENTION IT????? AT ALL?????
>>
Am I the only one who's super intrigued here? What the fuck do you mean you were an experiment? What are you, kilgrave or some shit?
>>
>>18481535
No. Mothers boyfriend is a bored psychopath. Family grew up poor no connection to government
>>
>>18481243
look into DD/LG lifestyle on Tumblr- you might find someone else with an abusive past that will understand you. if you are using a dating site you should include it in your bio. there are all kinds of women that want need to fix us
>>
>>18481269
Damn don't bring it up so much that's why they're leaving you. I would only bring it up if it's a serious trigger, not just cause you saw a paper clip on the table.
>>
>>18481243
Look, the reality is that no woman wants a man that opens up and spills his emotional baggage all over her, that is one of the biggest turnoffs to women in relationships. Men, by nature, are strong and stoic, so in relationships, they are supposed to be exactly that. Women, by nature, are emotional, so you are supposed to be the shoulder she cries on. If you flip the script around, it shows that you are a weak person, so it really is of no surprise that both of those former girlfriends dumped you. Everyone has shit they went through in the past, man up and get over it, or forever be labeled as an emotional pussy.

SJWs and feminists will bitch and moan at this fact and complain about toxic masculinity and other bullshit, but your experiences speak much more than some feminist rhetoric that never works in practice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.