[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me who is in the wrong here please? >parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: frankie_cosmosis.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
frankie_cosmosis.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Can someone tell me who is in the wrong here please?

>parents divorced when I was 6
>mom kicked my older brother out because he was aggressive etc
>she was depressed throughout my teens
>often threatened suicide and argued over minor things
>accused me (small, quiet guy) of bullying her because I calmly asked to talk about things rather than screaming
>never discussed anything, just coldly ignored me for days until one of us gave in
>became reclusive in my teens (no gf, no friends) but worked a few weeks each summer
>mom lost her job when I was 17
>I was focused on grades so didn't find a job myself
>she reassured me that we had savings etc and that she'd find something soon
>had money from divorce, government, loans and also savings to help with college
>admittedly didn't work through college
>graduated with a top degree and found full-time work
>over Christmas she started an argument and threatened to commit suicide
>had to pin her against the wall to stop her leaving the house
>went home last week for a vacation
>suddenly mom starts crying and tells me to leave her alone
>tells me I dress like shit, look like shit, and that she fears for me because I'm so negative
>next morning she asks if I'm cold in the nights since I don't have a duvet and I say I'm fine thanks
>she says angrily "we don't live like primitives here" and storms away
>she acts normal again but I calmly say "I don't care, l leave me alone" and go to my room
>I return to the city early and leave a note saying Happy Birthday and leave her gifts
>sister calls me and says mom is having a breakdown
>I phone her and she is crying and saying don't feel guilty if she commits suicide
>she calls me a brat, I've had it easy in life, I needed a man to put me in my place, that I didn't find a job when she was unemployed etc
>accuses me of saying and thinking a bunch of shit I never have
>refuses to believe that I don't think / haven't said those things
>>
>>18480783
Protect your mother man.
>>
>>18480783

Sounds like youre both lazy cunts and that your mom is a total basket case.
>>
>>18480783
> parents divorced ehen I was 6
> I needed a man to put me in my place
This is going to be unpopular, but I suspect that your Mom has behaved wrongly towards you because she never got over the divorce. You have a job and a life now: live them. Your Mom will never be as happy as she could have been if her marriage had worked out. That's probably her fault too. I'm sorry to be so blunt, anon.
>>
your mom is unloved and since shes a woman shes throwing fits, she needs a husband

you are probably way too cold with her, which i understand since no kids needs a mentally unstable child to be his parent

what most ppl do is abandon their parents if they are too much trouble, dont know what you want to do, maybe get a little bit closer since one day shes going to be gone, and then it will be too late
>>
>>18480783
>>accuses me of saying and thinking a bunch of shit I never have
>>refuses to believe that I don't think / haven't said those things

>thought police

your mom is a fucking lunatic
>>
get away from her, you don't need that.

Don't try to fix your parents. They will never listen to you.

The best thing you can do in life is try to recover from having grown up with her.
>>
>>18480788
What do you mean? I ended up apologizing for the argument even though I don't think I did much wrong. She's fine again now as usual, emailing me cutesy shit about how I'm welcome back whenever.

>>18480789
How am I lazy? I mean I used to be sure, but I haven't taken one day off through illness or whatever in over three years since leaving college, and have rarely taken all my vacation days.

>>18480813
It's true, though it wasn't my mom's fault for the divorce really. My dad was a drunk who cheated on her and attacked her more than once. I have had no barely any relationship with my father or brother, and the last time my dad emailed me in 2015 was to offer me money if I changed my surname.
>>
>>18480817
The thing she has a partner and they've lived together for several years now, so it's not like she's alone or anything. I am cold in general, but it's partly because I don't care and partly because I've learned not to respect emotional outbursts or someone screaming in my face and refusing to be rational.

>>18480819
She always says I think she's a terrible mother etc, and when I say I don't think that she accuses of me saying that (and other things) which I simply haven't. I half suspect at this point that the reason she throws these fits is because it's the only way of forcing me to "open up" to her about how I feel. When I pinned her against the wall last Christmas to stop her leaving the house she was obviously frightened I was going to hit her and the expression on her face when she thought that was like animal fear. It was so pathetic and disgusting I hated it for being so pathetic.

And to put this in context: I don't have any friends, I have never had a girlfriend, and my self-esteem has been in tatters for at least a decade, so it's not like I'm some alpha Chad treating his mother like shit.
>>
>>18480788
Fuck you cunt. Op fuck your mom it was her job to raise you and she failed and blames you. You have zero obligation to do anything for her. You owe her nothing.
>>
>>18481001
> I don't have any friends, I have never had a girlfriend, and my self-esteem has been in tatters for at least a decade
Sounds like you have a checklist (already in order) of things to work on as you forge a independent life for yourself. Better yourself and constantly seek self-improvement.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.