[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest advice from the heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: FunnyHat.jpg (2MB, 2442x3525px) Image search: [Google]
FunnyHat.jpg
2MB, 2442x3525px
Altough we may have gathered around us a large number of friends, and acquaintances with the method of loving kindness, and compassion.
This will be the source of attachments, quarrels, and worries.
To remain alone in solitude is my advice from the heart.

Altough we may get the opportunity to show our great qualities to others. Soon we become attached and begin to desire large amounts of wealth and food. We may begin to distribute offerings from received donations of rich important people, but even though this is the support of good deeds, it will lead to pride and negative actions.
To have our fame and good reputation spread throughout the world will not bring any benefit when you die.
To tame one's own mind and keep it virtues by renunciation and diligence is my advice from the heart.

By taking on responsibilities, bearing witness, and enforcing the law we may reconcile people in their disputes and quarrels thinking it benefits them and we are doing good for all, but still aversion, hatred, greed and attachments arise. Even though caretakers, attendants, managers, and cooks constitute the life blood and the pillars of society. Still people fight, strive, and compete among themselves.
To be without hope and fear and to give up such chores is my advice from the heart.

To hastily gather and carry whatever we think is necessary to help ourselves in our life like statues, sacred scriptures, images, ritual items, offerings, cooking utensils and the like. Eventually it leads to suffering and dispute.
To be abandon all those things, to have little needs, and to limit your activities to just a few is my advice from the heart.
>>
>>18480651
Lovingly pointing out faults to others, with the wish to benefit them and without self-interest gives rise to negative states of mind.
We might be honest, but still it causes pain. When we support our own side and refute the other, we may think this is a good way to win debates, but this also causes negative states of mind.
To be silent and stop talking, and otherwise only speak peacefully, gently, and pleasantly is my advice from the heart.

By praising our own side and belittling others, trough giving preference to our religion we believe we are upholding the teachings, but this is only the cause for attachment and hatred. By finding faults in the teachings of others, we may believe we are wise, but this only accumulates negative deeds.
To give up all the nonsense of religion and to be without bias is my advice from the heart.

There are many texts on science, crafts, medicine, and religion. All methods for gaining understanding, yet to know many things is to ruin the pure simplicity of your mind. It might be excellent to be learned, but whatever we are attached to locks us up in a self-made prison. To amass a multitude of texts, books, notes, and scriptures will only burden you and slow you down, giving no benefit. You are merely fooling yourself.
To abandon studying and to limit your knowledge is my advice from the heart.

Summoning hail and thunderbolts and the like, producing black magic spells and protecting oneself.
We might believe these are activities to subdue those we are hardest to tame.
But this will only consume their minds with hatred, and revenge, leading to war.
To take a humble place and watch your own mind is my advice from the heart.
>>
>>18480653
We may have gained insights and understanding into the ultimate nature of mind and dwelling in a state of non-conceptuality.
But to discuss it with others, and to write spiritual texts, poems, and songs of realization about them, even though they are signs of clear experience, will give rise to conceptualization and misinterpretation. And will increase wandering thoughts and distractions.
To keep away from intellectualization and to maintain concentration is my advice from the heart.

Making distinctions of past, present, and future is like making disctintions of different levels of the empty sky.
In the end it is still one whole sky. The mind can only think about the past or future in the present moment. The past and future stand on the ground of the present as it were. And the present moment is the mind. So in the end it still is all one mind, one nature. A simple awareness that is completely open.
>>
>>18480657
The everyday practice of life is simply to develop a complete acceptance and openness to all situations and emotions, and to all people, experiencing everything totally without mental reservations and blockages, so that one never withdraws or centralizes into oneself.

This produces a tremendous energy which usually is locked up in the process of mental evasion and a general running away from life experiences.

Clarity of awareness may, in its initial stages, be unpleasant or fear-inspiring; if so, then one should open oneself completely to the pain or the fear and welcome it. In this way the barriers created by one's own habitual emotional reactions and prejudices are broken down.

Everything is perfect just as it is, completely pure and undefiled. All phenomena naturally appear in their uniquely correct modes and situations, forming ever-changing patterns full of meaning and significance, like participants in a great dance. Everything is a symbol, yet there is no difference between the symbol and the truth symbolized. With no effort of practice whatsoever
>>
>>18480663
There should be no need of striving to reach some exalted goal or higher state; this simply produces something conditional or artificial that will act as an obstruction to the free flow of the mind. One should never think of oneself as "sinful" or worthless, but as naturally pure and perfect,
lacking nothing.

All phenomena are completely new and fresh and absolutely unique, entirely free from all concepts of past, present, and future- as if experienced in another dimension of time; this is absolute spontaneity.

One should learn to see everyday life as a palace in which one is at the center, and be free of the bias and prejudice of past conditioning, present desires, and hopes and expectations about the future.
The servants in the palace are the day-to-day objects of one's life experiences moving in the great dance of the play of the universe.
Therefore, be natural and spontaneous; accept and learn from everything.
ee through the illusion of past, present, and future. The past is but a present memory or condition, the future but a present projection, and the present itself vanishes before it can be grasped.
>>
File: dudjom.jpg (10KB, 220x320px) Image search: [Google]
dudjom.jpg
10KB, 220x320px
>>18480667
You can not stop negative thoughts even if you tried, because they are the natural radiance of the luminous voidness of mind.
For that same reason it is not needed to stop negative thoughts (with the idea of thereby achieving a good mood) nor is it needed to produce positive thoughts (as a way of producing a good mood).
Since the thought of wishing to get positive thoughts or stop negative thoughts is a thought too (and you can not stop the flow of thoughts with even more thoughts) coming from luminous emptiness of mind. What needs to be done is to see and identify with the playful empty nature of that thought.
The very activity of trying to stop a thought is mental activity (and mental activity is nothing other then that: a thought.)
Since the activity of trying to stop a thougt is itself conceptual in character, such activity results in a thought, which is
what it was trying to stop. For this reason it is impossible to stop thoughts through trying to stop them.
(In short: it is not possible to stop a conceptual activity with a conceptual activity)
>>
>>18480670
The human mind, being ignorant, believes it has many things to be doubtful about, many things to be hopeful about, and many things to fear. But when it comes to being very clear about what these things actually are—we are not very sure.

We know we are hopeful, but are not sure about what. We may say that we hope to become rich, to live long, to practice well, to have children, and so forth. But if you look very carefully, these things are not what we really hope for. These would be good things to have happen. But what are we actually hopeful about? We don’t know.

In the same way, we have tremendous fear. But what are we actually afraid of? Most of us can only come up with a few of things: I’m afraid of spiders, I’m afraid of my child dying, I’m afraid of getting old, something like that. But, again, these things are not what we’re actually afraid of. We are simply afraid. We are not afraid of something, we just have fear. That’s it.

The ignorant mind is called “blind mind.” The blind mind just projects hope and fear with no clear idea, itself, what it is hopeful or fearful about. It is the same with doubts and hesitations. The ignorant mind allows you to believe things you cannot articulate very clearly. Nevertheless the hope and fear are very strong.

Subtle hope and fear is the main weapon of basic ignorance. It is hopeful and fearful but doesn’t know about what, which makes it ignorant: ignorantly hopeful, ignorantly fearful.
>>
File: chatral.jpg (327KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
chatral.jpg
327KB, 1131x1600px
>>18480685
>There should be no need of striving to reach some exalted goal or higher state; this simply produces something conditional or artificial that will act as an obstruction to the free flow of the mind. One should never think of oneself as "sinful" or worthless, but as naturally pure and perfect,
>lacking nothing.
>All phenomena are completely new and fresh and absolutely unique, entirely free from all concepts of past, present, and future- as if experienced in another dimension of time; this is absolute spontaneity.
>One should learn to see everyday life as a palace in which one is at the center, and be free of the bias and prejudice of past conditioning, present desires, and hopes and expectations about the future.
>The servants in the palace are the day-to-day objects of one's life experiences moving in the great dance of the play of the universe.
>Therefore, be natural and spontaneous; accept and learn from everything.
>ee through the illusion of past, present, and future. The past is but a present memory or condition, the future but a present projection, and the present itself vanishes before it can be grasped.
>>
Bump
Want to read all this when I get home.
>>
>>18481351
same
>>
Thanks
>>
File: 1401112948074.jpg (32KB, 312x342px) Image search: [Google]
1401112948074.jpg
32KB, 312x342px
>>18480653
>To abandon studying and to limit your knowledge is my advice from the heart.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.