[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck are we doing here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: 1.jpg (495KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
495KB, 1920x1200px
ok help me out.
what the fuck are we doing on this planet? seriously what is the point of life?
get a job, work 9-5 for 30 years and retire so you can buy a corvette when you're too old to enjoy it?
I'm at the point now where i can keep going with school no problem, or i can get a job and work as a nobody with minimal respect at a job ill probably be sick of. i just don't know what to do with my life. i want to go on adventures and have excitement in my life, not settle down to a 9-5 and put money into a pension and work for the weekend and stay put. i hate the place im in and i hate the people. fuck i still live with my parents for fucks sake, they're fucking intolerable (but wealthy) and they hold their expectations over my head and threaten me with losing my inheritance if i don't settle down into a nice job so they can tell their country club buddies what i do for a living.
what the fuck?
so in all seriousness, what's the point of life? like, how do we become happy given our time on earth?
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>18480080
>seriously what is the point of life?

I'll let you in on a secret OP. It's your life, so you get to decide what the point is.
>>
>>18480100
>>
>>18480080
are you blind or dont care? Your using a humanity made technology a human and some what of using shit from energy made the computer and internet your using right now. Your living in the technological revolution that maybe near a billion or more people cant do anything with. Your living the beginning of the future or greatest war of this planet your living in the planet of stupid mother fuckers and insane people live on you can be almost anything you want, if you get the right connections or education. Your living the future its thinking.
>>
File: 3.jpg (541KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
541KB, 1920x1280px
>>18480109
>>18480100
so what's better? acquiesce to my parents and get a "real job" in hopes that ill snag some sweet inheritance and in hopes that ill find happiness in the daily grind. or throw caution to the wind and go on a groundless no safety net adventure? no long term plan, no wife and kids, and probably get disowned?
>>
>>18480121
This bitch looks 40. I hope no one finds this attractive
>>
File: 4.jpg (769KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
769KB, 1280x1920px
>>18480123
extremely so
>>
>>18480080
Eat nice food, have sex with beautiful women, follow your passion and make it your career.
>>
File: 5.jpg (603KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
603KB, 1920x1080px
>>18480134
you say that like it's easy. but none of that is. eat nice food? first id have to learn how to cook, then afford nice ingredients, or find myself in the company of a great chef. sex with beautiful women? im 60 lbs overweight with no muscle mass. i'm also really weird around girls. follow your passion and make it your career? first off i have no burning passions that i can make into a career. and there's 400 applicants for every one "dream job" and its not like i have any experience, im almost 30 and ive been in school my whole life

shit life literally seems pointless
>>
File: 6.jpg (108KB, 711x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
108KB, 711x1024px
point is i'm pissed off that there doesn't seem to be more to life than worrying about money, acquiring money, and doing "jobs" or "careers".
what kind of life is that? a life for ants?
>>
>>18480147
>read this in my voice
Take time and learn to cook. Its a great skill to have, whats the rush? You have so much spare time on your hands anyway. If you have enough time to bitch on a computer, you have enough time to Google a few recipes. You dont have to be a millionaire to afford some spices and meat. Theres actually an amazing youtube series by Brothers Green teaching how to spend as little money as possible while eating some of the best food you'll ever try.
Make the effort to work oyt. With the new culinary skills, cook lean, healthy meals on a budget. Go out, buy a gym membership. The Book of Pook gives great tips on talking to women if you're having trouble on that front.
Finding passion is the core of life. Try several different things. Weightlifting, sports, coding, engineering, drawing, writing, cooking, film and picture. Hobbies are truly the spice of life. No woman wants to hang around a man with a personality dryer than the desert at noon. Getting a hobby, a niche, will help you develop that sense of purpose, that personality.
What have you been studying in school, the art of studying? I hope you were earning a degree for a career and not dicking around on 4chan for an hour a day.
>>
File: Morgan-Freeman.jpg (53KB, 948x711px) Image search: [Google]
Morgan-Freeman.jpg
53KB, 948x711px
>>18480182
>fuck forgot to tag the pic
>pic fucking related
>>
Just like everyone else that asks the question "What's the point of life?" you have people giving you a goal you don't like, and now feel unsatisfied. What do you expect the answer to be, a goal from God? Is that any different from a goal set by your parents? Look into yourself and find what you truly want to do, that's all you really want. As for your parents, they want you to be successful like them, so if you can do that at the same time, then good. In any case, identify what you truly want to do, first.
>>
Fuck I kinda feel ya OP, I really would like to fucking travel (outta country) right now but I'm strapped for resources, and life plans mean I won't be able to do so for some years, I'll be damned if I'm not envious of the people my age (22) and younger who have such a luxury. I fucking despise spoiled kids who travel around the worrld on their parent's credit card and claim "lol just get out there man, just don't give a fuck" or "what is life without exploring the world?" or some stupid shit.

Fuck, sorry for semi-hijacking your thread OP.
>>
timelapse videos, anon

watching trees grow and die
watching fungus grow
watching traffic move
watching people grow

timelapse videos
>>
File: 7.jpg (677KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
677KB, 1600x1000px
>>18480216
>Look into yourself and find what you truly want to do, that's all you really want.
that's kind of it, i looked into myself, and i don't truly want to DO anything. my parents got their wealth because at my age they found careers in which they "had fun" (although i highly doubt this because of all the stress they were put under, and how poorly they handle stress in their old age) and were able to not only make great money, but save a ton for their retirement (fucking baby boomers). All while doing something "meaningful".

>you have people giving you a goal you don't like, and now feel unsatisfied. What do you expect the answer to be, a goal from God? Is that any different from a goal set by your parents?

when i was in my mid 20's i went to seminary, not a proper catholic one, but protestant. All anyone could talk about when it came to their futures was "a call", some voice from God experience that told them what to DO in life, what to pursue. But I never had that, I joined the seminary because I like thinking and reading about religious philosophy, rituals, psychology. For me it was intellectual. God never spoke to me. But for these other people God couldn't have spoken clearer.

I guess im jealous of that kind of clarity, strength of purpose and resolve.

>>18480182
>What have you been studying in school, the art of studying? I hope you were earning a degree for a career and not dicking around

yeah pretty much. i've been getting a standard liberal arts education, not STEM. making my way to phd levels now. or at least on that cusp.

>>18480186
i lack discipline jedi master freeman. seriously i wish i could just turn on a switch and begin working on myself, but it never turns out to last. i always find myself mindlessly, reflexively even, munching down on ice cream in the middle of the night watching game of thrones. or going for a drive in my car specifically to get to 5 guys for two loaded hotdogs.
>>
>>18480123
I'm 40. I find her attractive but think she's probably only 30.
>>
File: 8.jpg (769KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
769KB, 1920x1080px
>>18481224
cont....
any time i'm in a situation where there's going to be pretty girls i either avoid the situation entirely, act sheepish quiet and shy, and inevitably creep her out somehow. im a fat fucking loser anons. no friends, no nothing. just living with my parents, going to school, and wasting my life. thing is, i have no idea how to break out of it. or rather, no discipline or energy to break out.
i want to be fit, attractive to girls. i also want the respect a doctorate gives you. and i want to be happy with my job. thing is, i lack the willpower to shape myself to my desires.
>>
>>18480080
> get a job, work 9-5 for 30 years and retire so you can buy a corvette when you're too old to enjoy it?
You realize other things also need money? Housing, food, taxes, internet access, health-related expenses. And maybe raising your own kids.

> i just don't know what to do with my life. i want to go on adventures and have excitement in my life, not settle down to a 9-5 and put money into a pension and work for the weekend and stay put.
Go travel in whatever manner you can afford to, I guess.

> they hold their expectations over my head and threaten me with losing my inheritance if i don't settle down into a nice job so they can tell their country club buddies what i do for a living
So you're complaining about being given the option to get a lot of inheritance money somewhere down the road but not just getting it no matter what you do...? Oh no!
>>
>>18480158
It's no life but you can always exit. I keep going because of my wife. We keep each other going and it makes the banal parts of life tolerable while we eke out time and money to do things we actually care about.
>>
Take LSD or shrooms or mescalin with the intention of finding life meaning, it will be revealed to you
>>
>>18481288
>Housing, food, taxes, internet access, health-related expenses. And maybe raising your own kids.
that's what i mean, that can't be all to life right? work so you can afford this that and the other. slave away at a job most of your life? who the fuck decided that was a good idea

>>18481288
>So you're complaining about being given the option to get a lot of inheritance money somewhere down the road but not just getting it no matter what you do...? Oh no!
nigga some people have different problems then your own.
>>
>>18480158
> what kind of life is that? a life for ants?
At human 9-5 work and you are far from an ant or almost any other creature on this planet. You have a lot more security and comfort, a longer expected life span, and a lot less work than most creatures.

Really, what do you expect of life. Work without all the money?
>>
>>18481312
>what do you expect of life
i dunno, something different than what's being presented. that's for sure.
>>
>>18481307
> who the fuck decided that was a good idea
Nobody.

Sure, some humans made your life more or less efficient, but ultimately effort related to survival, security and comfort has to be expended.

> nigga some people have different problems then your own
Yes, exactly. You complaining about a 9-5 job and inheriting wealth and then claiming this leaves you no freedoms in life is really overall somewhat ridiculous.

Not that I'm anywhere near the bottom of the barrel, else I'd not be posting here, but at least I have an idea how bad it gets.
>>
>>18481314
You're surely not the first one to imagine a life in "heaven" or whatever. Where you have 24 waking hours a day with no downsides, and at any time there are beautiful men and women to suck your dick and feed you the best foods without you ever getting less healthy no matter what you do.

It doesn't exist. You'll have to make compromises. But even if you're working as a regular member of a wealthy, efficient-ish modern society you can still have 5+ hours a day and 2 full free days to do whatever the fuck you want. And holidays. And you might get some mild satisfaction from your work anyhow.

If you prefer not to do this, there are other approaches like taking some years off and travelling around on a bike with a tent, but they tend to be less efficient if you actually want to to survive, be safe and maybe raise kids.
>>
File: 9.jpg (221KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
221KB, 1280x800px
>>18481322
>claiming this leaves you no freedoms in life is really overall somewhat ridiculous.
how so? it's a big problem for me.
do i forsake my relationship with my parents, symbolized and culminating in my inheritance to pursue my desires for adventure or non-9to5 life
or do i acquiesce to their idea of what life is like and never truly be happy but keep that relationship.
>>
>>18481341
Your relationship with your parents is hard to break unless you do something horrible. Which probably doesn't include seeing the world or whatever you consider "an adventure" unless you do it by robbing people.

But I guess it's maybe not your inheritance then. Nobody says you deserve it but the society you apparently don't like and the parents whose wishes you don't want to follow. Maybe your parents will spend it all on their luxury and adventure or a gambling addiction before they die anyhow, why count on it?

> or do i acquiesce to their idea of what life is like and never truly be happy but keep that relationship
I'm not sure you'll have greater freedom and happiness any other way, the effort required to get food etc. only just rises if you do it in other ways. So all you'll be able to do is less. Which you generally already can (with a part-time job).

But well, go do what you see as an adventure if you feel you can't be happy in any other way.
>>
>>18480121
Didn't you listen to the anon, YOU decide. And you're making life out like there are only two options which is total cynicism. Get a job doing what makes you happy, or that allows you to do what makes you happy in your downtime. Wait let me guess you haven't taken time out of your busy schedule obsessing over stupid shit like this to figure out what it is that actually makes you happy. Join the military or something, seeing as you're asking complete strangers to decide how you should live your life I'll suggest the first thing that came to my mind.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.