[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting laid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 99309451.jpg (65KB, 626x478px) Image search: [Google]
99309451.jpg
65KB, 626x478px
Mornin' , /adv/, resubmitting for visibility.I'm gonna apologize for this unstructured mess of a text in advance. Props to you if you make it to the end.
So, I'm a 22 y/o virgin and I want to change that. The ultimate goal would be to somehow get into a meaningful relationship with someone whose company I really enjoy, but since I've never actually tried to initiate contact with women, and I'm scared to death of communicating feelings, or even just interest clearly, that's far off atm.
So I'd rather ask my fellow residents of the local Korean Herpetology Forum (tm) for advice, since it's unlikely I'm gonna be able to follow through on the advice of some hyperthymic normie Tony Robbins-esque blogger.
I'm gonna put some things down that I think I'll have to do to start fucking, and you correct me.
Step 1: Move out of my mom's metaphorical basement

Step 2: Expand my social circle by finding nonsolitary activities that I enjoy. (Hobbies atm include making music on the computer, playing the Saxophone/ Piano, reading and vidya. Also being on the internet too much, even though I hate it)

Step 3: Renounce my stick figure aesthetic. Possibly combine steps 2 and 3 by joining sports team.

Step 4: Find out which type of girl is most likely to be attracted to me. Figure out what the ones that I'm into are into.

Step 4: Subject myself to possible rejection by
either talking to random qts on the street or asking girls in my newly humongous social circle.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit

I'm neither overweight, nor especially ugly. I've got a bad case of resting bitch face though and I've always taken several eons to open up to people. Can provide pics, in case you want to help me up the rest of my overall
A E S T H E T I C S.

Guys pretending to be grills are especially welcome to help. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: hot-girl-wallpaper-hd.jpg (313KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hot-girl-wallpaper-hd.jpg
313KB, 1600x1200px
Pics of ur body pls
>>
You sound exactly like me
>>
>>18479969
I'm at Uni atm. Will be able to post at approx. 5 p.m CET, assuming this thread is still alive until then.
>>
>>18479946
You only need step 1 and step 4b.

Social events you hate, online dating, friends friends. But really, just locate any girl, chat her up, get her phone number and be bold. Buy.condoms and ask her on date
>>
>>18480004
Sounds simple enough. Thanks famalam.
>>
>>18479946
You try way too hard to be funny. It's glaringly obvious from reading the OP alone.
>>
File: IMG_20161214_173831 (1).jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161214_173831 (1).jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>18479969
Here's face from 6 months ago though. Praying to god there's none of my friends on here rn.
>>
>>18480048
Yea maybe. You think that's a problem?
>>
>>18480051

Your glasses make you look like a loser. Get better ones.
>>
>>18480056
>You think that's a problem?
Yes, obviously. Why else would I post that?

You're so insecure that you feel you have to present a false image of yourself on 4chan of all places. I can only imagine how you must come off when you're actually talking to a girl.

Being funny isn't about cramming as many jokes as possible in one sentence. It's about the right joke at the right time. What you're doing right now just screams: "Look at me being funny, right? Please laugh."
>>
>>18480075
Not OP, but I feel like I have similar issues. How do you fix that? How do you learn the right things to say at the right times?
>>
>>18480099

Some people are naturally gifted, but humor is a part of language that can be trained just like any other. Read funny books, watch funny shows. Learn from the funny people in them. Notice the funny things they say, how they say it, and especially pay attention to the things they don't say.

You learn with practice.
>>
>>18480075
I just read through the OP and I definitely get where you're coming from. But assuming that I interact with people on 4chan in the same way that I do with people in Real Life is kind of a false equivalence. I appreciate your input though and I'll monitor my behavior when I go out. I'm mostly just really quiet though.
>>
>>18480057
Eh, I'll get Lasik in a few years time anyway. Any brands/ shapes you'd recommend for my face?
>>
>>18480585
>But assuming that I interact with people on 4chan in the same way that I do with people in Real Life is kind of a false equivalence.
It is, but the way you behalve only tells a lot about you as a person. I can smell the desire for approval from way over the ocean, and that same desire will poison any irl interaction you hope to have if you don't do anything about it.

>>18480592
Either go to >>>/fa/ and post a pic of your face there, or go to an optician and ask them for something classic and timeless. Your haircut and beard look fine to me, if you feel unsure about your clothing also go to >>>/fa/.
>>
>>18480641
>the way you behalve only
online* obviously.
>>
>>18480641
Yeah, I can't deny I'm an insecure person. You've helped a lot already, but do you have any ideas on what to do about it?
>>
>>18480673
I don't know you, so that's gonna be tough. The key thing, I guess, is identifying where your insecurities come from.

Make a list and write down everything you don't like about yourself. Be honest here, that's important. Next, cross out the stuff you can't do anything about anyway. Only 5'4" tall? Tough shit, nothing to do about it, cross it out*.

So then you end up with a list of things you can do something about, and then it's just a matter of going through them one by one, like doing a quest in an MMO. Each time you successfully change something you don't like, you should get a little more confident. Start with the small things (like getting better glasses) and work your way up.

* Read up on Marcus Aurelius' Meditations for insight on how to accept things that cannot be changed. Also a great guide to not giving a fuck in general.
>>
>>18480737
To follow up on that, here is a great quote by Marcus Aurelius concerning the folly of man's quest for approval:

“Everything in any way beautiful has its beauty of itself, inherent and self-sufficient: praise is no part of it. At any rate, praise does not make anything better or worse. This applies even to the popular conception of beauty, as in material things or works of art. So does the truly beautiful need anything beyond itself? No more than law, no more than truth, no more than kindness or integrity. Which of these things derives its beauty from praise, or withers under criticism? Does an emerald lose its quality if it is not praised? And what of gold, ivory, purple, a lyre, a dagger, a flower, a bush?”
>>
>>18480751
Great quote, it's been a while since I've read the stoics. Reading them is a whole lot easier than actually putting their advice into practice though.
The quest thing is probably going to work really well for me, will do.
Thanks for all the advice again.
>>
>>18480051
Shave you fucking animal, holy shit, or at least manage your beard better or something
>>
>>18479946
I'm 22 and I just started dating recently, never dated, kissed a girl or had sex. The date was perfect but we broke up before things got serious (long distance, moving with life in separate directions in the future, lack of experience on my behalf/possibly hers too)

>go for introverted girls: reasonably bad sense of fashion, no fancy hair dos, usually hang out with one or two friends in cafes and such but mostly stay home so look for those
>don't look for perfect girls from the start as you'd most likely make mistakes which will be impossible to fix, but from which you will learn, so the first girl will be a 'test' relationship and will open many doors for you, do commit tho
>be friendly and just chat, don't flirt, ask for her name and all that, ask to get a coffee, if she maintains eye contact and doesn't seem dismissive then you're in
>spend the day together, make her laugh but be yourself, no memes or 4chan talk, don't be awkward, its ok to be quiet at times, don't plan anything just hang out and have fun
>at the end ask if she wants to hang out some other time, if she felt comfortable and had fun then its safe to assume she'd say 'yes'
>ask for her number, text each other
>months in you can get to know each other more, talk freely but don't push it (I did because it was a ldr and mostly texted and she took forever to open up so I never knew when things are ok to ask)
>expect her to have more experience than you, she most likely will at this age, it made me feel like I was missing out and I felt insecure, told her about it and seemed like a pussy although she was very nice about it and didn't seem to 'think less of me'
>whatever things you feel uncomfortable about, whatever might seem like a mistake afterwords, it already started ruining things, but its ok, at least you'll learn not to do it again in the future, each relationship improves as you're improving
money and all that don't matter btw, she likes YOU
>>
File: U wot.png (200KB, 880x586px) Image search: [Google]
U wot.png
200KB, 880x586px
>>18481174
I trim weekly, keep my neckbeard in check and I use oil. It's good enough for me.
>>
>>18481220
Congrats, my man. And my condolences, my man.
Yea, I wasn't planning on going for any 10s anyway. People seem to end up in their own league around 90% of the time.
Don't be awkward isn't really specific enough for me. You got any tips on what to not say under any circumstances? And no I'm not talking about rape jokes, I mean less obvious things.
That last sentence made me feel kinda tingly. Thanks m80.
>>
>>18481326
Don't be awkward means don't try too hard to impress her or to do stuff with her if you don't have any ideas, just be comfortable in the moment and do whatever comes naturally, don't sperg out on her.
Once you meet her and make her feel comfortable then she'd reveal herself to you, you'd know what she likes and how far you can go with certain things, so just stick with it and don't push it, you'll know whats up if you're not an autismo. Don't know what exactly to tell you, people are different.

The girl I dated had a job but lived with her parents, I have no job atm because trying to go to college soon and didn't need one. I had no money because of college too, I don't have a car and I'm not the best looking and I went out with a shy/introverted solid 8/10, she didn't even ask about those things and it was never a problem so unless you go for a gold digger that wants you to be her private taxi driver, you don't need those things.

And remember, if she doesn't stay, then it was never meant to be, move on and you'll find the right one, first girls are almost never the last so be ready for a break up, but its just part of the process, moving on means taking a step forward, if you give up after that then might as well never date to begin with right?
>>
>>18481344
Aight. Thanks man. I'm not an autismo, luckily enough. Thanks to everyone who's been here. You've been really helpful. I think I'll refer to this thread every once in a while once it's been archived.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.