[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start in becoming religious ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

the people on /x/ are talking about the coming rapture and I've always been very afraid of going to hell, I started as a Jehovah's witness as a kid but the more I got older things started making me question god and this site made me question him even more. I know some of you say have faith but honestly I feel like I'm doomed because I've tried reading praying and repenting but I feel he doesn't listen to my prayers anymore and I know for a fact I'm going to hell but I at least want to try and be religious still so where should I start ?

>inb4 athiest
>>
Before anyone asks, I feel I'm going to hell because I cursed him in my head multiple times and done immoral things
>>
Believe Jesus died for you
>>
Dude just go and ask a priest for forgiveness

If all those mafia guys can murder a bunch of people and then just be forgiven and get into heaven I'm sure you can as well.
>>
>>18479765
hi I'm God, 2 late 4 you sucker, no exploits on ur way 2 heaven
be seeing you in hell... from heaven
>>
cmon people let's bully him a little more...
>>
>>18479765
You can't force yourself into being religious. You buy into or you don't. Maybe try going to church or reading aquinas if you're dead set.
>>
>>18479765
Catholic here, religion isn't really something you can force so I would say to just not worry about it if you're not feeling it. Personally I'm of the opinion that God is largely all-forgiving, so as long as you acknowledge when you do wrong and avoid letting it happen again then that's what matters. I will say that if you're looking for concrete answers to your prayers, though, you're unlikely to find them - God can create opportunities, but it's up to you to follow through on them.
>>
im kinda in the same boat as you. ive recently been reading the bible and learning about christianity, dont worry about the fact that you curse him, ask for forgiveness. he is a loving god. i recommend you read the bible, a quick google search will help you understand what book to read, im currently reading matthew, specifically reading about the sermon on the mount.
>>
>>18479765
It's not about being religious. That shit doesn't get you anywhere. If you want to be saved you have to accept Jesus into your heart and declare it with your mouth. And then don't focus 100% on being good to get in. Not human is perfect and trying to do so will only hurt your confidence. You can't win your way into heaven, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't behave a certain way. A Christian changes because they love God and want to be obedient. A good way to go about that is loving everyone. You wouldn't cheat, hurt or do any sort of harm to a person you love right? That's really the key to being a Christian, don't be fooled by what nonbelievers say. Christianity isn't the problem, it's people not knowing how to follow directions and wanting to do shit their own way. God doesn't hate gays or any sinner for that matter. He can't deal with sin, but he loves people just the same.

To me it's a fair gig tho. I mean I'm pretty sure everyone knows that not every single person can be saved, not to mention our human feelings towards those we feel don't deserve grace or forgiveness because of their crimes.

The rapture scares me a little bit too still. Because I'm stuck in that mindset of "I'm too bad, I can't seem to be good and follow the rules" and I know I shouldn't. The day I confessed Jesus out loud was the day I was saved. And desu I like my new life in Christ. I was a shit before. It helps to have something to hold onto when my depression gives me dark days. can't tell you how many times I've thought about killing myself and for some reason I haven't gone through with it. It's hard to explain but the end result is me crying out to God because I know I shouldn't, but I want to. It's like he's calming my pain, I begin to realize that I'm not dead yet because it is not my time and I have things I need to do and people I need to be there for. Life is hard and has many trials. Don't ever let anyone tell you it's a waste, they're shaping who you are.
>>
>>18479765
As someone who was raised a Catholic, turned agnostic and then joined Catholicism again, I can't really say that I feel better now. I just feel very scared. I used to feel like my life had no purpose and I was depressed. Now... I'm still depressed, my life still has no purpose AND I must add that I'm afraid of every tiny little sin I make because I feel God is watching me now and will punish me for every small mistake I make. I used to not fap too much, now I fap constantly and feel a huge guilt. When I was agnostic and things didn't go my way I just thought oh well I'm unlucky. Now I feel like God has forgotten about me or doesn't like me, or that he's forcing me to endure things. And that when people say God is good they just mean he's good from His own point of view and that I'm fucked if I think my life will turn out the way I want it to.
Like I won't reach my goals because only His goals matter. And I'm jealous of non believing people for not having to deal with these existencial questions.
>>
>>18479770
I've done worse.

If anything gets me denied it's those times when I was 16 and found these obscure and very blasphemous paintings of Jesus and the devil. Let's just say they were pretty homosexual in nature and I found it to be the most hilarious thing ever.

They were very explicit.

Also I used to try and bribe God by saying if he didn't give me what I asked for I'd go follow the devil. Like a fuckin idiot. Maybe that's why I'm slightly fucked up. Luckily I've asked for forgiveness on this many times (guilt on my end)
>>
>>18479765
Also you'd be right about the listening part, to fix that you just have to repent :b and believe he died for your sins. That's the best part imo. You don't have to prove you're worthy of heaven by doing good things. Just focus on repenting from the things you currently do. And always remember that no human is perfect.
>>
>>18480974
What's the point of following Him if he doesn't give you what you ask for?
It's like being friends with someone who isn't friends with you.
>>
>>18479765
God won't fucking forgive me anymore
>>
>>18481004
But the Bible implies he forgives literally anything and everything, right?
>>
>>18480973
That's because you are still trying to control your life anon. You need to realize that you are just a spec of dust compared to God, and that he knows what is best for you. You can't have that life if you're still trying to be in control though.
I have depression too. I've had it for a long time now. My thing is also letting go, I'm a little bit of a control freak. I want to do things my way and this is why they don't always work out.

Understand God does love you, like the Bible says tho: "His ways are higher than mans ways"
Our puny little brains can't process what our creator is doing or planning.

I've noticed the Catholics are very focused on being good, and are hard on themselves. Don't be too hard on yourself man. God knows we are but humans, he knows we struggle everyday with sin. That's why he gave us Jesus, because we can't good deed our way there.

Another thing I struggle with is the reality and acceptance that I am not the person I was 5 years ago. I have changed greatly but habit longs for me to have the life I used to, or at least friends like I did. It's hard to accept that going back will not help you, I've tried many many times and God always prevents it from happening. They are not the crowd I want or need to be around though.
>>
>>18480990
Because then he wouldn't care for us. It's like with a child when they want something that you the parent know will only hurt them or set them back.
>>
>>18481015
I think God just wants me to be a priest and that's why he's preventing me from getting a gf. Even though I'd be a terrible priest.
Either way, in the child's example, if I had a child I would tell the child why exactly I think that getting that specific thing they want will hurt them or set them back. My parents were very "No, you can't, period, stop asking" and that's what God feels like most of the time.
>>
>>18481010
Not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit
>>
>>18481059
Oh right, I keep forgetting about that one. That one part is pretty weird, I don't think I get what it means exactly yet.
>>
>I feel like he isn't listening to my prayers
>The people on /x/
No one is listening to your prayers. They're in your head. Only you can hear them.
If you take anything on /x/ even vaguely seriously you have brain damage
>>
>>18479765
First you need salvation and that only comes through Romans 10 vs 9-10
After you've been saved all of you PAST sins are forgiven. That is what Christ died for. HIS CROSS was our sins. After you've been saved you begin your journey towards everlasting REWARDS.

Regarding Gehenna or the fire pit - it is a falacy that God will punish people for eternity. Those who are not saved will be tossed into the fire pit however most will burn up quickly. They will be GONE FOREVER. Some who are evil and really juicy will take longer to burn and they will feel it but eventually they will be gone also.
>>
File: saga_paper06-1280x1024.jpg (684KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
saga_paper06-1280x1024.jpg
684KB, 1280x1024px
>>18481065
what is " holy spirit" ?
it's not god / jesus / angel
for me it's "good will' if you hate good will
you will not want any forgive anyway

>>18479765
you want to believe in god because of fears
but god is love
you must learn to love
>>
>>18481136
How do I learn to love ? Is there a chapter in the Bible I can read to learn this ?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.