[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will kill self if I have BPD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1497379485631.jpg (33KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
1497379485631.jpg
33KB, 728x522px
I've had unstable moods, periods of euphoria/minor delusions and severe bouts of depression for a few years now. Recently started going to therapy and had my psych assessment not too long ago.
Mr. Psychiatrist mentioned both bipolar disorder and BPD but wouldn't diagnose me with either because I don't seem to fit all criteria for BPD, and he doesn't want to immediately assume I'm bipolar.
He came to the conclusion that I have major depression. OCD, PTSD and.. bulimia nervosa but is keeping an eye out for BPD or bipolar.
He put me on some meds but they make me feel weird.

I'm taking lamotrigine and hydroxyzine for mood swings, anxiety and insomnia.
I'm so afraid I have BPD because I don't want to be that type of person. I would probably kill myself out of fear. That shit freaks people out. That type of diagnosis would scare everyone away and BPD never gets better. From what I've heard it is consistent and adapted to but it still affects those you love and reeeallly I don't want to worry others or have them think any differently of me. I don't want to be like this at all. I am so afraid to hear whatever he decides is wrong with me.
I guess I just needed to rant but I also wanted to know if anyone here struggles with either and if so- how do you cope? Does it ever get better?
>>
Once you find a med combination it gets easier but it doesn't go away.
>>
Have you been assessed for autism/aspergers? It's often misdiagnosed as BPD, especially in girls.
>>
File: woops.jpg (115KB, 1280x1049px) Image search: [Google]
woops.jpg
115KB, 1280x1049px
when you look into a mirror what do you see?
do you see your face or a jumble of shifting shapes?
>>
>>18479574
I see myself.
Though others tell me I'm very attractive but I feel like they're lying. It's possible I have body dismorphia but I'm sick of being sick in the head and just want to feel normal.
>>
>>18479378
shut the fuck up

>>18479270
you have nothing that you can't deal with by yourself. Maybe the meds will help, but I highly doubt it. Hold on to your butt because they're going to make matters evenmore complicated without solving anything I'm afraid.Stay away from benzodiazepines and anti-psychotics. You have to deal with your issues and you have to deal with dealing your issues. Now is the time of your life where you need to either develop patience or just say fuck it and be yourself. But meds aren't going to teach you that.
>>
>>18479270
Anon, even if you do have BPD, it doesn't mean that you're unworthy or that you're a burden. My bf has BPD and he means the world to me. It doesn't freak people out as long as you're honest about what is happening. As with all mental illnesses, you may never be fully normal, but you can learn to manage it. Trust me, anon, it will be fine if you work hard. Just don't shy away from your diagnosis.
>>
>>18480766
don't listen to her OP. She hasn't gone through it, but I have. Give up the meds, it doesn't have to be done secretly, ask your doctor to cut you off. Listen to me>>18480733
>>
>>18480779
Yeah, you are acting like a typical manipulative BPDer
>>
>>18480791
what's BPD? who's manipulative? what the fuck do you even know about shit? Just because your ego was hurt you have to go and call me manipulative?

OP, as someone who has been through this, I don't want to see another one go through this. All those labels? They don't mean nothing. They are trying to sell you shit.
>>
My gf has bpd and honestly wish she didnt have it. I love her during her highs but during her lows she becomes the laziest meanest saddest human you can imagine. I do what I can. I run my hands through her hair when shes finally retracted her quills and tell her its going to be ok and she will fall asleep and feel better the next morning.

It is very hard to date someone with BPD. I dont recommend it unless youre crazy about them because its a lot of work and youll feel like they dont put effort into your relationship despite being dependent on you and loyal to you. Its the most confusing shit.
>>
What's BPD?
>>
>>18480805
Borderline Personality Disorder. Sometimes called Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder.
>>
>>18480838
oh my god, not the BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER!!! EVERYTHING BUT THAT!

Seriously, I know OP has a lot on his plate right now, but he can overcome easier if he doesn't dive into psychoactive medication that will mess him up. Ask around OP, ask other people. Personally, I wouldn't trust people who would say that the meds helped them. Assess those people carefully and you 'll see that they 're not completely balanced.
>>
Bipolar type II is not that easy to diagnose, so that is properly why he doesn't want to immediately assume it. But he has put you on lamotrigine which is a primary treatment for bipolar type II. So I would think that he is quite sure of bipolar, as lamotrigine is only to be used for borderline if it is treatment resistant.
>>
>>18480885
Thank you. This actually cleared up a few concerns for me. I hope the meds work if my body tolerates them. Gradually upping the dose each week.
>>
>>18480733
You're a fucking idiot and shouldn't be giving advice to anybody
>>
>>18480851
I think you're the only person in this thread who doesn't sound completely balanced.
>>
>>18480733
Unless you're a healthcare professional I kindly ask you to fuck off.
If I were able to deal with this on my own I wouldn't be seeking help.
Dumbass.
>>
>>18481975
Don't listen to idiots like this. Healthcare is available because it works. Doctors would be out of the job if their practice had no point. Stay strong, OP. Good luck! You'll be fine.
>>
OP you're a retard. Saying you're going to kill yourself if you have bpd makes no sense. It's not like cancer where its something you "get" and can be "cured". Personality disorders are just a description of behaviors that cause dysfunction.

You will literally not change as a person if you are diagnosed with BPD. It's not like suddenly you will become a terrible. It's just about traits and maladaptive coping skills you already have. The "treatment" for it is therapy to work on coping skills and shit. Stuff you're already likely doing.

Also stop trying to make your diagnosis apart of your identity. I know all of this is new and exciting but srsly that shit is tumblr tier.
>>
>>18482004
I know my diagnosis isn't my identity- but it is something I will have to explain to others and I know the stigma revolving around BPD is pretty... Harsh.
I honestly don't think I have it but just the thought of having to explain it to others is daunting.
None of this is new. Struggled with most of this stuff for years but parents refused to let me get help as a teenager.

You are silly and likely don't understand what it's like to feel like everyone hates you because you can't control your emotions all the time.
>>
>>18482026

I have been diagnosed with BPD and I have never felt the need to explain it to others. Why would you need to?

If you've already been dealing with it, the diagnosis changes nothing. Why would you suddenly want to kills yourself just because of a diagnosis?
>>
>>18479270
>I would probably kill myself.
You would probably not, no matter how miserable you were. Cut this shit out.

>I don't want to be that type of person.
Clinicians in the 70's got asshurt that they were wishy washy and didn't have an effective, standard method help people with BPD. People with BPD also have a tendency to get into a self-entitled panic and berate clinicians. So, around that time, an abusive stigma for BPD was created. BPD people were also found to be drug addicts and in prison, and the 70's and 80's plebs didn't all have the "victim of circumstance" concept of criminals (I guess Freddy Mercury did).

In early psychotherapy, people with BPD were framed as nearly schizophrenic people (marginally paranoid, brief psychosis) who didn't respond well to meds. Then they were framed as classically evil people, much like the typical idea of an antisocial or malignant narcissist. Now, they are thought to be perpetually miserable people who suffered some sort of poor ubringing and need a lot of counseling - probably the most accurate concept of a BPD patient yet, although there is a grain of truth to the other two concepts of a BPD patient.

Lots of cool people could *potentially* have BPD: Justin Roiland, Trent Reznor are probably my two current favorites...Most people who successfully treat BPD pass as normal, albeit a bot quirky. I enjoy people who are different, though.

Close relationships, especially familial ones like with a parent or a mate or offspring, have a very high chance of becoming volatile and turnulent. That's why, unfortunately, indefinite counseling is called for.

In a clinical setting, it's best to just call the person a depressed and anxious PTSD patient with mood swings, considering insurance doesn't cover personality disorders.

Cont
>>
>>18482109
>>18479270
Advances in treating patients with unstable personalities have really been taking off since Marsha Linehan (creator of DBT) and increased state funding for addiction treatment services, which kicked off in the 90's. That's not to mention your standard psychotherapists and psychiatrists who don't get weak and puss out when treating a difficult patient.

A BPD brain has things in common with schizotypal and PTSD, different regions are "too small" so to speak. So, it is definitely a real thing.

I'm glad I kept fighting and didn't kill myself or end up on dope or jail (again most don't). You can do what you want though. Knowledge is power, though, so I hope this helps.

If you go for DBT, you're likely to meet clinicians who have had BPD and are now professionals with a high distress tolerance, strong people who overcame a *lot.* For me, it was very inspiring.

There's nothing wrong with being sensitive and a bit crazy, so long as you are a good person who keeps trying.

>I will kill myself
Oh and again stop this if you ever want to stabilize

DBT mostly isn't covered by insurance, though most are sliding scale and the DBT manual by marsha linehan is only $50
>>
>>18482109
>>18482123
Typed on my phone in a hurry

Best of luck to you
>>
>>18479270
>Will kill self if I have BPD
threatening suicide for attention is a hallmark of bpd people
you wont do it, faggot
>>
>>18482137
85% won't do it

also
>calling people faggot
children don't even do this anymore, sweaty loser
>>
>>18482176
faggot
>>
>>18482196
get fucked
>>
File: 1499107890484.jpg (353KB, 1049x940px) Image search: [Google]
1499107890484.jpg
353KB, 1049x940px
>>18479270
Talk to this girl, she will help you kys
>>
>>18482212
faggot
>>
>>18480733
>be yourself
The meme is real
>>
I don't have BPD, but I have been diagnosed by a doctor with Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. Medication helps a lot to balance the moods, but you'll need more than that.

>>18482123

Mentioned it, but DBT is a god send. Even if you don't have BPD, the DBT courses will give you life skills to tackle damn near any obstacles life throws your way. It teaches you how to step out of your emotions and look through things objectively, use real rational thinking instead of emotional thinking, and how to evaluate situations to push through.

There's no single way to battle this. You'll need both medication and some form of therapy/help. I wish you all the luck.
>>
>>18479270
Don't take the meds, them medfly with your brain to make you a slave to the big pharma and you won't be able to stop their takeover
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.