[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flirting(?) At Work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: professionalism.jpg (118KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
professionalism.jpg
118KB, 800x450px
Hey /adv/, I'm a woman who works in a field which makes me a pretty good person to know due to my professional resources. I was supposed to have a meeting with a client today, but he's out of the country and sent a friend/colleague in his place to attend and report back.

The friend was quite good-looking but I kept it professional, even when he spoke very close to my face and kept derailing the conversation to praise the work I'd done and how knowledgeable I was. While all of his compliments were about my work, there were a LOT of them.

In the moment I was working, so I kept the conversation on task. Now I'm looking back and wondering if he wasn't sort of hitting on me? Though there's also the possibility that he saw the potential in knowing someone with my connections and wanted to stay on my "good side." I needed his number to set the meeting up, so I can still contact him. But while he himself is not the client, I still met him in a professional setting, and if I'm misinterpreting the flirting, I don't want that getting back to the client.

Is there a way to carefully move forward? A follow up text thanking him for attending and inviting him let me know is he has any other questions about my field? Is that too cold and professional?
>>
>>18478608
>if I'm misinterpreting the flirting, I don't want that getting back to the client.

I assume you mean that you don't want to show interest in your client's friend/colleague if the guy was NOT flirting with you.

It's unprofessional to start a romantic or sexual relationship with someone you work with, period. Even if you're not misunderstanding his interest in you, it's still unprofessional to act on it.

You seem interested in him primarily because he's physically attractive and was flattering you a lot. I wonder how much you really value your reputation if you're willing to risk it for something so meaningless. If you're just in it for casual sex, sure go ahead and contact the guy again.
>>
>>18478821
Working in the city and having so many clients, there's almost always going to be someone I'm just a few degrees of separation from. I'm not working with this guy at all. He basically took notes to give verbatim to his friend. And asked me some follow-ups he thought he needed clarification on. He is not involved in the deal itself at all.

Though I suppose you're right in that it does look unprofessional if he wasn't flirting and I flirt back (in that it makes it look like I use my job to pick people up).

And yeah, of course attraction and kindness were the primary reasons. Those are... pretty good reasons to like someone.
>>
>>18478856
When someone invades your personal space and starts putting out a ton of flattery, you might want to think about whether or not they're actually being sincere.

But sure.
>>
Don't mix business and pleasure.
>>
Don't be a naive child, OP. Like other posters said, workplace is not the best place for romance, and pursuing it makes look unprofessional- amd desperate, because it implies that you don't have any other places where you could find a decent partner.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.