[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Police vs NSA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: H07_NSA_Shares.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H07_NSA_Shares.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
Are the police able to spy on us like the NSA?
Can they read our texts?
>>
>>18478192
With a warrant I believe they have access to similar monitoring technology
>>
Probably yeah

Privacy is going away if you want to participate in the modern world

I hate it but what can you do save for being a politician and fighting against it

Or being a leet haxxor and fucking them up
>>
Texts as in SMS texts? Possibly, depends on how badly you're fucking up and if they have a warrant. Also on the terrorist threat level in your country.

Text as in encrypted internet chats? No. They're technologically incompetent on a large scale and the people who they do have that are competent are limited by outdated software, policies and slow approval process.

If you give me more details as to what precisely you're wondering is intercepted I might be able to explain further.

>captcha elsa aven
because I just fapped to a girl named elsa eating out a black chick

the captcha knows
>>
The main difference is that the police need a warrant and actually won't do something without one.

The NSA need a warrant but don't care because they've got [TOP SECRET] which gives them """"""lawful""""" access to your everything
>>
>>18478196
what would they need for a warrant?
>>
>>18478201
>which gives them """"""lawful""""" access to your everything
Maybe gives them lawful attempt to access your everything. Completely different things. Being allowed to and being capable to are, again, really fucking different things.

>road elmfield
>>
>>18478200
like if i were wanting to start a small grow operation, would they have technology that picks up keywords and puts me on a list to watch and have a warrant for?
>>
>>18478205
They need a judges signature
>>
>>18478223
Yes, but a grow operation is so small-time that they'd probably not be watching for it. They're more concerned with trafficking and street level distribution
>>
You will be spied on if you are partaking in suspicious/illegal activity. For example if you send your friend Joe a text saying "Hey Joe, how's it going? Want to bomb the JFK airport this week?" you will probably be spied on. But if you are just some no-name kid who smokes weed in his mom's basement, nobody gives a shit about you.
Basically, if you want to do something, don't be stupid about it.
>>
>>18478223
No, they absolutely do not have a massive database that picks up keywords. For one, that would require ridiculous logging power. Anything that can log that much traffic would cost shitloads of money in just purchasing the devices let alone in the manpower and consultancy fees to set it up and maintenance, sweet baby jesus. Even then there's just so many different layers to it and so many different parties encrypting their own shit that cracking one egg shell would just bring another. But live real time monitoring of an entire infrastructure? That's a logistical nightmare to maintain, just, fuck, no.

That doesn't mean you can't do this wrong. You can do this very, very wrong. Like posting on 4chan, which is absolutely not an anonymous (i.e. private) forum only one that doesn't require user ID. One that logs your IP and your activity.

If you're interested I can help you on how to be secure and give you precise instructions and procedures to follow to be as safe and private as possible, in exchange for some BTC.
>>
File: Prism-slide-6.jpg (120KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Prism-slide-6.jpg
120KB, 700x525px
>>
>>18478279
so you are saying that 4chan is not anonymous?
>>
>>18478279
hello operative
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A
>>
Even if they could spy on you, it wouldn't be valid in court without a warrant. NSA can do whatever they want though.
>>
>>18478200
Really? Weird.
Not OP, but in HS I did some really dumb shit with a few friends. Next thing we know the four of us are sitting in the principals office and the cop has a stack of papers with all of our personal conversations from Facebook printed out. He threatened charges, but we got turned over to our parents and got grounded pretty good lol. Cop didn't have a warrant to my knowledge either.
>>
>>18478192
If they have a stingray - which is a mobile cell tower made to intercept cell calls. Can they use this against you -- not without a warent. Also consider the volume they'd need to sort through just to find you. Odds are in our favor that they just don't have the resources to find record or listen to just ME.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.