[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother is having a psychotic breakdown, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
My brother is having a psychotic breakdown, what do?
>>
>>18478173
get his ass to a hospital
>>
Well give some details? What the fuck happened, what is he doing, what is he saying, where is he, who is around him, details my friendo.

>>18478185
lol no
>>
>>18478189

Wasn't here for the beginning. From what I heard, he went camping with my parents and his girlfriend. He kept saying that the phones are bugged, our home is bugged, the camper is bugged, and that people are listening to us. This was a couple days ago, they came home and he went to the doctor. Now I'm home, my parents went camping again, and he started a new medication called olanzapine, he's on methodone and a sleeping pill previously. He keeps coming downstairs and asks if I feel safe, he locks the deadbolt every time someone opens the door, looks into empty rooms to check them, made his girlfriend leave because he thinks she's going to do something to us.
>>
>>18478234
He's fucked in the head and will not get better unless you get him treatment. Paranoid people are stuck in a feedback loop.
>>
>>18478234

Does he smoke weed? If so, make him stop that.
>>
>>18478173
your family sure likes camping
>>
>>18478258

He does, but usually not here. I've told him not to do it around here or around me, but I'm sure he does somewhere, at his girlfriend's or something.
>>
Basically a good friend of mine became like this after smoking way too much weed and not sleeping enough. He's getting treatment now
This guy is pretty much correct >>18478248
My friend slowed down his weed consumption and I started calling out his bullshit "why would anyone spy on you? you have no money and you're not doing anything really illegal etc etc" and he would agree with me but the next day the same shit would come back. Generally these people need treatment. There is no overnight fix, not even close.

If your brother acts like this for a prolonged period of time, take him to a doctor
>>
>>18478234
He sounds like he might have psychosis. Did he do any psychedelics? That'll usually do it if you do too much at once. I've never heard of marijuana-induced psychosis though.
>>
>>18478312

He's always had some sort of mental problem. He got addicted to fentanyl, and he's been on a methodone program now for a while, he has insomnia and needs sleeping pills to go to sleep, but they give him night terrors. He usually takes them all at once and gets incredibly high off it or something and freaks out, yells at people, gets mad at everything, etc.
>>
Now he is doing some more insane stuff. He's wearing my brother's shoes because he doesn't trust his own. He was walking around with one of my shoes because he said it kept him sane and for his own safety. My brother told him not to wear them and he said it's his fault if he dies from not wearing them. He asked if he could at least wear the insoles. He's walking around with the saran wrap. Asked if he could stay downstairs because upstairs isn't safe.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.