[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if this is not really an advice thread. Has anyone here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Sorry if this is not really an advice thread.
Has anyone here just randomly decided to take dancing classes, sort of for the heck of it, even though you sucked at dancing? I'm sort of interested in swing/lindy hop, I haven't checked if they teach that anywhere here.
Either way, if you took dancing classes, how did it go? Did you join alone or did you start with someone you knew? What is it like? Can you just start at any time in the year or should you join when the classes actually begin in the year? Is it really bad if you suck at dancing?
I used to play drums so I guess I have a sense of rythm but I can't coordinate my moves or rythm when I dance, especially when I dance with someone else. I'm looking for new activities because my therapist recommended me to for ages now and I don't have depression and don't have any interest in literally anything. Except maybe this.
>>
>>18477590
I DO* have depression, Jesus Christ auto-correct
>>
You're an enormous faggot for even considering dancing as a hobby.
>>
>>18477610
What's "faggot" about it? The dancing, itself?
What about all the normie straight males that "dance" in nightclubs or wedding parties, to """"music"""". It's the most socially acceptable and expected thing.
>>
first and last bump
>>
It's fine to want to dance especially if you don't know how to. Sure you could learn alone but it's easier and more fun to learn with a friend.

You may have to find a community forum for your dance of choice and see if you can find classes/tutorials
Else a local community recreational center may have an open bulletin board for postings
>>
I've done this, also at the suggestion of my therapist.

Now, to answer your questions I met up alone and that was no problem. Most people are couples but it went fine. It's not bad if you suck at the dancing but be prepared for dancing homework.
Also yes, you have to start at the beginning of the air when the classes begin you can not just hop in middle
>>
>>18478379
Year, not air.
>>
>>18477629
Just another daesh wannabe .. disregard
>>
>>18478176
>>18478379
Thanks!
>>
>>18477590
I've had two experiences with this sort of thing. The first one is I had a gf take me to her swing society meet ups. It went okay the first few times, but then it got really boring since their classes were just on the easiest type of swing dancing over and over again, and I never learned Lindy or Charleston or whatever. When I asked some people to show them to me (including gf), they were really grumpy and tried to get it over with as quickly as possible so I never really learned it. Girls got way more attention than guys, and unless you were good as a guy, people acted mean towards you and gave you looks if you even started walking towards them.

Much later I went to some beginner adult ballet classes. They were a lot of fun and most of the teachers were cool. After coming for about 6 weeks and not really talking to people (seriously, I never initiated a social interaction there), I got asked if I wanted to go to other classes with them, join people for lunch, if I wanted to audition for an acting part in Nutcracker, etc. Unfortunately I had to stop ballet for back surgery, but I plan on returning to it soon.

Ultimately I think it kind of depends on 2 factors, whether or not the group you're joining is more like a clique or more open, and whether or not they need your gender. It really has nothing to do with skill or talent, as long as you show up and try people will like you.
>>
>>18478459
I see. Awesome that you had a good experience with ballet and I hope you can get back to it soon too. And shame about the other one, I was sort of worried too that it may end up being exactly like the way you describe. I hope it's different if I ever get to go to swing classes. Thanks for the answer!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.