[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two-Faced People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1478022618524.png (4MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478022618524.png
4MB, 2560x1600px
Recently joined a new workplace and I'm getting along with my colleagues, been invited to a few meetups outside of work. On both occasions the majority of the meetup was spent shit talking the other workmates who weren't invited or who couldn't make it. Made me feel uncomfortable because those other people are genuinely nice and the shit talking was over really petty and trivial stuff. While we're at work they obviously act friendly towards these people because they share the workplace and wouldn't have the guts to say any of those things to their faces. Any tips for dealing with people like this? Do I just go along with the charade of friendliness at work and stop going to their meetups?
>>
This happens everywhere. Surprisingly, not everyone actually gets along with everyone.
>>
>>18476550
No, I keep on going to meetups but do my best to keep my mouth shut about those things. I just learn not to see them as friends, and trust them only on the working place with working stuff.

And if you're wondering: yes, they're probably speaking about you too, but that's ok.

Remember: THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS
>>
it's just venting.
I talk shit about petty stuff co-workers do at work when I'm talking with freind, they're not bad workers mostly but they just do stupid shit. i don't dislike them really.
i know my co-workers probably do the same shit, I do stupid shit too.

it's probably because if you're all together as co-workers, they're bound to talk about work matters and vent about it.
but some people just like talking ill or making fun of other people you both know for conversation talk
>>
>>18476550
"hey, guys, I don't want to talk about work. Did anybody see the game last night?"
>>
There's a difference between shit talking and venting. Learn the difference. If they are shit talking, tell them to knock it off because it isn't high school. If it's just venting then try to steer the subject towards something else if it's making you uncomfortable.
>>
>>18477838
I know there's a difference, that's why I specified shit talking. I ended up steering the conversation away like you said, but it baffles me that they thought it was ok behaviour in the first place when they're all smiles face to face with the guys they talk about.
>>
>>18477850
People like that are snakes. You need to let them know that it's not cool. Be professional about it and it will catch them off guard. They'll either drop it and not do it again or hate you and shit talk you behind your back. Pick your poison kid.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.