[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is going through some depression right now, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3329.jpg (55KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3329.jpg
55KB, 500x667px
My girlfriend is going through some depression right now, and I don't know what to do. How can I make her feel happy again? Or at least support her through it?
>>
hi anon.

i have depression, and when i used to have a bf for a couple years i enjoyed when he randomly surprised me with food/handwritten letters or even him telling me that he loved me.

the simple things matter and will go a long way
>>
Everyone is different. Experiment with a few different things and see how she reacts.
>>
Break up with her. Tell her to be a burden to someone else.
>>
Talk to her, show her love and affection, and take her to places like the park. Like this anon recommended >>18476353
Some homemade food, and letters (poems, or whatever) would be good.
>>
Also maybe watching something together for no reason, even you can read her a book, loudly, acting
>>
Be there and make her feel loved
>>
nive fucking spongebob reference
also, break up
>>
>>18476346

Dated a girl for two years with depression. being there for her, gifts, being nice will support and help her through it.

be careful though if she starts talking about killing herself, or is cutting herself, or other bad shit see if you can get her to a therapist or get her on medications.

last tidbit you should know about: the depression she has will start to affect you over time. It may not be as severe as me since I am an anxious fuck but you may get more stressed or worried about the relationship. Make no mistake depression is extremely fucking difficult for anyone deal with.
>>
https://youtu.be/WXTU5jiAFUE

Might find this helpful
>>
>>18476346

Tell her to just be happy. Duh
>>
>>18476346
don't force her to cheer up this makes things worse.

Just be around, maybe help her do some things like laundry or any other chore. Trying to keep things tidy is so draining when you are depressed.

maybe make her favorite food or something thoughtful like that.
>>
>>18476346
Make yourself available to her always. Talk to her frequently, and just let her know that she never has to be alone.
>>
>>18476346
A good dicking will do the job
>>
the things mentioned above are all great but if you aren't the creative type:

small things like hugging from her behind, or putting your arm around her waist. offer to rub her shoulders. just hold her and don't talk.

if she is someone who is hard to get to open up, if you're holding her and not asking her questions, she might start to talk to you.
>>
>>18476346
Which one of the three is your girlfriend?
>>
I hope you can help her, OP. My boyfriend has been supporting me emotionally for years and I still feel like killing myself everyday.
>>
The things people have listed above are good and they are things and sets of principles that you should follow with your partner by default.
(Wether they are mentally ill or not)
Here's the problem with depression.
Depression if induced by factors on a neuro-chemical scale is something a person has little to no control over. That's why people get on medication in the first place and it's a terrible condition and ordeal.

Depression if induced by a person's own psycho-pathology is something to tread litely with.
Here's why:
One of the main reason that we have seen such a ridiculous spike in depression in modern times is because of a few reasons.
Most notably ANYONE can be depressed and it's an instant sympathy card not to mention that often times it's enforced by a set of behavioural patterns and a lack of willingness to get better.

If you determine that your gf has the second kind of depression, giving her special treatment and added attention might just enforce her behavioural patterns and make her even worse.

Not to mention the added strain it puts on your psyche.

Also another thing that's important to know is that you individually can barely help yourself most of the time, let alone other people.

People tend to get better when they themselves decide to get better. (With some exceptions obviously)

The biggest support you could provide is throwing the incentive out there for her to see a therapist.

Best of luck to you, my man.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.