[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways to get my dog to cry less when I leave? So I use to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: checkem.gif (740KB, 161x153px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.gif
740KB, 161x153px
Ways to get my dog to cry less when I leave?

So I use to have my dog growing up in college. I raised her mostly. She slept in my room. I fed her. Walks. So naturally, she is closest to me. My roommates told me that when I leave for class or whatever, she cries. Which I thought, ok, dogs do that. One day we held a BBQ in our backyard. We head outside, dog remained in. I heard this screaming sound like my dog is being fucking sawed in half. I run back in, she's sitting on the couch. I step back out, 5 minutes later, she begins her screams of terror, and my roommate said thats whats its like when i leave. But now back home, i was mostly at home. But I got a job now, and will be out of the house. She herself won't be alone more than 5 hours just based on how schedules overlap, but I don't wish to annoy my single house neighbors or next door neighbors.

Best ways to not have dogs cry when alone?
>>
Could try to practice with her by pretending to leave and when she starts barking open the door tell her 'bad' 'hush' then repeat until she shuts up when you leave, then come back in and tell her 'good girl' and give her a treat. Or maybe give her a bone when you leave so she starts seeing it as positive? Not sure if any of that would work. As a neighbor with the same happening next door I just put in ear plugs when they get noisy.
>>
>>18475814
Pretending to leave could work

And when we've had times when we know we will all leave for say 2+ hours, we leave her a home cooked bone in hopes of her not crying.
>>
>>18475768

How long has she been in this new situation?

My roommate's dog used to be similar to this because she was VERY attached to him. We eventually gave her more freedom, gave her some things to be occupied with, and I frankly had to be more attentive to her so she wasn't as uncomfortable when he was gone.

She's still his baby, but I'm an acceptable second. Maybe try giving her a Kong toy with some peanut butter or something that she can work on when she leaves? A long walk/run before work?
>>
>>18475829
Its really just when I leave.

So I start new job on Wednesday. I just want to be prepared to keep her as calm as possible.

And I just take her for standard walks before I leave

Ususaly protocol for extended leaves are
>close doors, windows, etc.
>fresh water
>cracker thing full
>meal bowl full
>take her for walk
>leave her with bone

Read online not to make a big deal, so i dont snuggle and say bye. just leave.
>>
>>18475768
put that fucking mutt down. its broken and retarded
>>
>>18475887
t. never had a dog
>>
File: fleadora.jpg (97KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
fleadora.jpg
97KB, 1023x682px
>>18475887
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.