[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to combat severe detachment issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: ocean-machine-cover (3).jpg (674KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
ocean-machine-cover (3).jpg
674KB, 936x936px
good evening /adv/

had a few girls earlier this year, two of them i got along with incredibly well, third was one such ex that was unbelievably emotionally abusive

a few weeks ago, i met a girl, a writer across a game i play. we regularly (daily) improvise script off one another, for at least several hours, up to 10-14 hours. have the same disposition on just about anything, same philosophies, same mental situation (crippling anxiety, depression that often speaks for the person), and we get along incredibly and don't fight.

this isn't the first time i've had detachment plague me, but its extremely come and go this time around. there are times this girl would bring me to tears from her past stories / how she views me, and how touching it all is. on the other hand, there are hours, sometimes entire day/night cycles where i am spent feeling emotionally numb.

a complacence that i've tried, and thought about past girls or exes i would have any sort of residual feelings for, or ANY situation that could evoke such feelings - and nothing comes up.

i've dropped all other women i've spoken to for this one; something i have NEVER done before. i publicly refer to her as my own, we're pretty couple-y, etc.

however, when she's not around, my mind seems to empty. my motivation for things often falter, i constantly re-read our conversations to make sure everything went well, and so on.

now's probably important to mention that the anxiety and depression is such that there have been times in the past i've told her i've needed to break away from a certain session or conversation because i felt i took a wrong step in our roleplay, or i said something "wrong", when she assured me everything was the perfect, that i'm the best writer she's ever witnessed, that all she wants to do is forever be under my wing, that she's never before had as decent or as faithful a guy in her life, etc

(cont.)
>>
but i love to doubt, and all i do is needlessly replay our talks and times together, even though her and i know it's incredible what we put together, my mind does all it can to dupe me otherwise.

she's a decade older than me, while i'm in college. regularly, all the women i come across are virgins or minimally experienced. she has slept with probably hundreds of guys and done crazy shit she's told me about, all the while affirming i'm the best thing that's happened in her life thus far, to the point where she'll regularly text me when she's at her parents, even. she has dropped practically all of her friends just to spend time with me.

one thing that might be important to mention, is that our habit of roleplaying daily for about three weeks has been broken since this wednesday; she has a shitty ISP and they've promised fixes every day since then, and the new estimate is tomorrow, so what brought us together so recently in the first place isn't there for us at the moment.

tl;dr things are going better with a girl than i've had in ages and my mind's refusing to believe it at all costs

i will be around all evening to answer anything i can or clear anything up. anything and everything is sincerely, dearly appreciated and needed.

also - went to counseling for four years, and psychiatry for two. meds were horrible, and counseling had absolute minimal effectiveness, if any. been about 1-2 years since i've been.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.