[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never lend people anything!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Bike-Stolen.png (1MB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Bike-Stolen.png
1MB, 1024x512px
I was hanging out with a guy I had casually known for over 1 year. We regularly ate together at a cantine, etc.
His bike had broken down prior.
He got booty call around midnight, I told him he could use my bike to get there. Obviously I explicitly told him I needed it back. Only later did I find out he has a history of being unreliable not paying his rent.

3 month later I have not gotten my bike back. On campus I had reminded him multiple times about my bike.
Now he is ignoring my messages and seems to 'never be home' (ie avoiding me). People have told me that he is when reminded he just brushes it off.

It is very obvious that ever lending people anything is never a good idea and that it was my fault for lending it to him.

>What can I do to confront him?
>What do if he just tells me he doesn't have it? (Brushes it off)
>If it turns violent what would be considered reasonable defense.
>Is it worth trying to ask at the police station?
>>
If he goes to the same campus as you then you may be able to find the bike stationed in a parking lot. Bring cutters, cut the chain, take it back. What kind of complain could he make? "He stole his own property?".
>>
What color?
>>
My guess is that he broke or lost the bicycle and doesn't know what to do.

The easiest way to confront him is to say that you'll report him to the police if he doesn't tell you where your bike is. If it's been 3 months and it's a reasonable threat to make.
>>
Have you ever heard of collateral?
>>
>>18475474
Silver

>>18475534
But is that merely an empty threat?

>>18475574
Do you truly ask for collateral among 'friends'?
>>
>>18475437
He ain't your friend. Go to the police and report it stolen. Drum up a story about this guy.
>>
>>18476853
What would they be able to do?
>>
>>18476863

Hassle him about your bike. That's about the best you can do, other than stealing his stuff. Your bike is gone, man. I have no idea why you didn't make it a point to get it back the next day.
>>
>>18476871
His bike was broken and I didn't need it at the time.
I felt no immediate need to get it back.

I am truly kicking myself for trusting people.
>>
Follow him around until he wins the pokemon league or you die of old age
>>
>>18476893
Here's the thing OP. Do NOT trust people with any of your possessions or secrets. At least now you know and won't do it again.

I suggest you actually call the police and hassle him. It's your fucking bike and you should not be quite about even after a day you gave him
>>
>>18476898
kek'd
>>
What can I do if it turns out he sold it?
>>
>>18477754
Probably nothing
I'd harass the shit out of this guy if he had my bike
>>
>>18477789
That is what I am doing. I am turning up at his place at 11-12pm ringing his doorbell, seeing whether he is home.
(Being prepared for fisticuffs)

But desu I am not sure what I can do otherwise.
>>
As a general rule, if you can't exert pressure on someone then you need to reach them through a person who has authority over them. It can be a boss, it can be a priest, it can be a military officer with higher rank, but most of the time it's the mother. Check his facebook for family, contact his mom. Make up some shit, like you always knew he would return the bike because he's a good guy, but he's very busy and hard to meet and you respect that, so you hope as her mother she can contact him when possible and gently remind him to return the bike he borrowed. It's a dick move but he did a dick move first. It's easy to steal a bike but it's harder to explain to your mom why you had to steal a bike. If she's an extremely righteous person she might slap her son on the head and buy you a new bike.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.