[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got two job offers at once. Don't know which to pick.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

I work at a retail pharmacy and just got certified. Immediately afterwards I sent in applications everywhere. Out of the 38 in the past two weeks, I got 2 callbacks and both are offering me a job. It's not much, but it's a pharmacy tech so I can't expect much anyways.

One is at an independent pharmacy.
>Job is to solely compound medication and make vitamin cocktails
>+slow paced work and a new skillset I get to learn
>+Monday-Friday, 9-5
>+10 minute commute
>+17.40 an hour
>-small business and never worked for one
>-no room for advancement
>-they don't offer health insurance
>-afraid that I could be let go if business doesn't take off soon

One is at a hospital.
>+Good benefits
>+Starting out at filling and data entry, with three other slots for advancement and pay bumps afterwards
>+15.80 an hour
>-30 minute commute
>-shifts will vary between morning and afternoon
>-will work every other weekend

I like the advancement opportunity at the hospital, but the lower pay, worse schedule and commute are far worse.

The independent pharmacy is higher paying, less, but more skilled work load and it within jogging distance. But I'll never be anything more than the compound tech and I'm kinda iffy on working for a small business. I've worked for cities, and fortune 500s for the past 8 years and they always had security. This is kinda scary for me.
>>
>>18475132
How long has the smaller company been around, and have you googled about them to see how they've performed in past years? What's the ownership structure? Is it solely owned by one guy, or a partnership? Or are they publicly traded? How many employees, including you, will they have? How often does the owner come in?

I would call the smaller business back and explain that while I'm interested in this opportunity to work with them, I have some questions before I can make a decision, and just try to know as much about the business as possible. Be straightforward with your concerns, businessmen don't have the luxury of being offended. Tell them you're worried about the stability of your position, the lack of advancement. Mention the other offer you have, and then question as to what certificates or level of achievement you need to show to be considered for a higher position.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.