[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mirror or Camera?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0987.jpg (19KB, 480x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.jpg
19KB, 480x312px
What should I trust more?
My phone or my mirror? I think I look good most of the time when I look in the mirror but I don't remember the last time I looked good in a picture.
>>
A phone camera at arm's length or less will typically have stretching or other shitty lens related problems. If someone else is taking the pictures you're probably just ugly.
>>
Your image is flipped in a mirror, that's why you think the camera pic is ugly
>>
>>18475078
If I take a picture on my camera and flip it (so it's like I would see myself in a mirror) I still think I look ugly. I look good in the mirror most of the time though.
>>
The vast majority of people adjust themselves slightly when they look in the mirror, they'll lower their chin a bit so they have less neck fat, they'll get closer or farther from the mirror so their face looks longer and so on.
>>
Mirror, plenty of people are attractive, but some people are unphotogenic, I look learning disabled in every picture I'm in but look normal otherwise.
>>
>>18475155
Not OP but why is that? I have some friends who look the exact same in the camera and the mirror. Then I have friends who only look good in the mirror and absolutely horrible on camera
>>
>>18475039
Definitely mirror. It's literally what people see IRL, just flipped. Lenses (especially on a phone camera) will distort features.

I can't tell you how many times I've met people that I considered very attractive, only to see pictures of them online and think "wait, that's really them?"
>>
>>18475039

A picture of your face is how other people see you.

You're used to your reflection because that's what you've seen your whole life. Seeing it flipped around makes all the asymmetrical features you'd gotten used to stand out.

Don't worry, they're only glaringly obvious to you.
>>
>>18475039

mirrors only capture one moment, and the settings arent the same as our eyes.

i have a friend who is the most gorgeous man ive ever seen but when i take his picture he looks retarded.
>>
I have no idea on this topic. Like when I'm grooming my stubble and facial hair, if I take a look in the mirror, it looks fine, but then when I take a picture of it with the camera, it's like entire parts of my stubble have just dissappeared, even when I used the same lighting as the mirror.
>>
>>18475176
different angles, caught off guard, lens distortion, quite a few reasons, some people's faces just look better in motion.
>>
Remember the best pictures are taken at face height and most of the time that isn't happening.
Also google "lens difference" and see the wonders of having the right lens
>>
Selfies have so much shit that could go wrong. Lens curvature, bad lighting, bad posture, you're drunk off your ass.

Professional headshots look good because the lights are made specifically to wrap around your jaw by pointing from up-to-down, and any good headshot phototragrapher will be telling you how to tilt your head JUST the right way to maximize your jaw. Your mirror, besides not having any technology getting in the way of the way you look, confers some advantages in this way (you're more likely to tilt your head into the mirror when brushing your teeth for example) and most bathroom lights are right above the mirror, to get the same lighting principle as the headshot photographers use.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.