[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday I cut my hair like pic related. I used to have them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

Yesterday I cut my hair like pic related. I used to have them pretty long (mid back).

My boyfriend got offended because I didn't tell him beforehand. He said he likes my new haircut and it suits me well, but that I should talk to him before changing my appearance so radically.
Is he overreacting? Am I being a bitch?
>>
>>18474448
It's different for girls, culturally, so you could've mentioned it at least, yeah. That said, you do with your hair whatever you want. Don't make a big deal out of it, especially since he likes it.
>>
>>18474448
I am a guy and have had serious arguments (literally these bitches crying and freaking out like i fucked their mother infront of them) with every girl I was ever close with over cutting my hair, including my mother.

It's hair, it grows back, it's not a big deal and if some fucking nigger is going to make your life difficult over something so trivial how can you trust them to not make your life difficult during harder periods?

That being said it is courteous to tell your partner that you're going to do something like that and having your hair cut is a bigger deal for women. But say you're sorry it was inconsiderate to not inform him ahead of time, but surprises can be nice too and he should stop acting like a fucking bitch.
>>
Yes, he's overreacting, no, you're not a bitch, but next time, you probably should tell him. Anyway, just tell him you're sorry you didn't tell him, and all's well that ends well.
>>
It's just fucking hair. He's being a moron.
>>
Not OP, but would I be an asshole if I ever broke up with a gf because she got some retarded body modification like gauges or a lot of piercings?
>>
>>18474480
I just didn't even think about it, it was a rather impulsive decision.
I go to the swimming pool every morning before work and I can't wear latex swimming caps because my skin is hella sensitive. I have to wash my hair every day.
Yesterday I was frustrated so I went to a hairdresser during my lunch break and told her to cut it over the shoulders so I could stop dealing with it.

He's not being a huge cunt about it, but I didn't want to make him frustrated.

>>18474484
>>18474502
I'll apologise later.
>>
>>18474526
No, would be completely justified.
>>
Worst case scenario is he does not recognize you, deduces by the short hair that you are a dude, and shoots you because he thinks you are some dude you are cheating on him with. If he is that kind of a guy, just leave him.

A relationship is a partnership not an ownership. You'd have to be at least engaged (for real) for him to even be allowed to have an opinion. You don't criticize during courtship, you evaluate.
>>
>>18474552
Kek, it's not even that short. Still a completely feminine haircut.

We've been together for many years.
>>
>>18474448
Well, there are people out there which would have broken up with you for getting such a masculine haircut, which I (female) can absolutely understand, so yes. It's a big deal. It's not like you trimmed them a couple centimeter to cut broken ends.

But you have to think about the bigger picture. It's not only your hair, it's the fact how you handle things which affect you both (yes, you being attractive to your partner is something to consider no matter how hard feminists will REEE). You make decisions without at least telling him and only before present him with a fait accompli. The subtext is that you care about satisfying your spontanous ideas more than what the consequences might be. That lessens your value as a LTR in his subconsious as he will have to accept that you will act similar in the future on maybe even more serious topics (getting a tattoo, getting fat due to short time satisfaction, getting debt, etc). I know it might sound ridiculous but we tend to learn such personality traids from silly daily behaviour.

That's probably why he's angry. You've shattered his image of you and that's why it doesn't matter if he likes the new cut or not.
>>
What a prick. OP honestly you deserve better than this pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>18474575
How is my haircut masculine at all? It's a rather feminine, at least in my opinion. Very classically feminine, too.

I knew he found me attractive with short hair because when we started dating I had a very short haircut (for the same reason, too).
I didn't think it was a big deal, as hair grows back and in a few months it will be long again. Unlike a tattoo, for example, or getting obese.
>>
>>18474611
>Very classically feminine, too.
Beware, personal opinion:
No, not at all. It's something women have gotten to cut of their femininity in the roaring 20s (it's the same cut). It's something which you get for practical reasing, not because it looks good. Just like shoulder pads in the 40s and 80s. Fashion has always a political base line even if it also sounds silly. Most fashion trends are due to socio-political changes and short hair is always a sign of the sagging of femininity for practical reasons. That's also a reason why you see more and more androgenious cloths out there. Japan is the best example. Being unisex is the goal. I'm not kidding you. You might thing it's "cute" but more likely than not it'S due to it's social acceptance as more and more women have gotten it (just like with every fashion trend which get's ridiculed before and after).

I'm into long hair, which means beyond tailbone. Speaking biologically, the female hair is one of the biggest signs of female beauty due to the fact that you can see for years how healthy a women has been and therefore how healthy your children will be. Cutting it off wasn't a punishment for no reason (see french girl which have been with german soldiers). It's cutting your naturall sign of youth, health and beauty.

> knew he found me attractive with short hair
As I said, that's not really the point. It's about sharing your lifes decision. You're a couple (maybe even for life, who know), that means you should always consider your spouse before maing decisions which will affect you both for a long time.

>as hair grows back
Yes, but it takes years. It gros around 1cm/ month. Which means to get to midback you will have at least to wait two years.

As I said, it doesn't hurt to ask in davance and at least give your man the change to feel involvet in your decisions instead of just being someone how will be informed afterwarts. Something you might keep in mind for the future.
>>
>>18474646
My greatgrandmother had this same haircut in 1923, and she was a housewife and mother of 12 who refused to wear pants till she died because they were men things.
At least where I live, it is not uncommon for women to have rather short hair and it was at least since the 50s since both my grandmothers always had short hair.
It is a medium length haircut, it is practical. I am very feminine when it comes to clothing and make up, and I think it looks cute because it has a nice retro/romantic style.

I cut it this short for the last time... September 2015? And I cut it three times since, about 5 cm each time. My hair grows very fast. It will be under the shoulder by the end of the summer.

>means you should always consider your spouse before making decisions which will affect you both for a long time.
Yes, but this isn't. It won't affect him and it isn't a long term decision.
>>
>>18474715
>My greatgrandmother had this same haircut in 1923, and she was a housewife and mother of 12 who refused to wear pants till she died because they were men things.
Times change, just because your granny still was feminie doesn't mean she didn't cut a big portion of it up. Daceade after decade women cut piece after piece and than we ask ourself why people don't work anymore in relationships or get kids, when we fucked over or sexual nature for (((fashion))).

>At least where I live
I'm a northern european, in case you think I'm some kind of mountain poo in loo.

>It won't affect him and it isn't a long term decision.

>two years
>sexual attraction
>personaly traid

I'm not gonna repead myself and you don't have to believe me, but there is a reason why he is angry and I've given you the most probably reason why. You can ofcourse juyt believe the other anons that he is just a salty prick and you can do better, but be honest to yourself, do you really think people act without any deeper motivation?

Make what you will off of it or ask him instead of strang NEETs on the Internet.
>>
>>18474743
But it isn't the case for me. I'm a feminine girl. I am extremely domestic, I've been with my boyfriend for years and we want kids as soon as we finish paying off his school debt (end of next summer).

>two years
It will take 9-12 months to get back at the point where it was. My hair grows easily 3-4 cm/month. I have to cut my nails twice a week, I did laser when I was 18 because I couldn't keep up with shaving.
My dad is the exact same, if he has to do something formal in the evening he needs to shave his beard twice a day.

>sexual attraction
He likes it, I knew he did. I already had short hair at other points of our relationship.

>personality trait
Short-ish hair isn't a personality trait.

I don't think he's a prick or that I can do better, I just think he overreacted in this case and cutting my hair isn't a life changing decision that he needs to be asked about.
>>
>>18474784
> My hair grows easily 3-4 cm/month.
Biologically impossible, believe me. Otherwise you would have other not so nice issues. Even 1,5 or let alone 2cm/month is rarely even saisonaly given.

>Short-ish hair isn't a personality trait.
Did you read my firs comment? It's about your behaviour, not your hair.

>I just think he overreacted in this case
So why make a thread if you already know what you think of it? For confirmation or because you simply don't like the alternative?
>>
I'd ask first because I'd want other people's opinions on if it suited me or not, but that's just me. It is a dumb thing to get worked up over unless you are going to do something extreme like that side buzz shit girls like to get nowadays. Even then, if you look good you can rock anything and ultimately it's not up to other people how you should present yourself.
>>
>>18474582
Yeah, come to this salty dude's basement so that he can treat you better!
>>
>>18474802
>Biologically impossible, believe me.
It grows at least 3 cm a month. My dad is the same, my grandpa was the same. Same with nails and body hair, I grow it back extremely fast and lasered it because it was impossible to keep up with the shaving. I'm not particularly happy about it.
I went from this length to butt length in 2 years when I was 15, I grow about 30 cm a year when I just trim the ends. The only reason why I never had short hair is because of the maintenance I would have to do.

>So why make a thread if you already know what you think of it?
Because I wanted to know what other thought of it. I have an opinion about it, others are entitled to theirs. I was curious about other people's opinion.
>>
>>18474448
You don't need to ask him or consult him. He has no say over how you cut your hair or anything style-related.
>>
I don't think you're a bitch, but I would be just as mad as your boyfriend, even to the point of probably breaking up. Now, I don't like short hair, and you said when you first started dating, you had short hair, so it's a little different.

But, hair is a very important thing in how physically attractive I find my partner. This would be akin to me as a guy deciding I was going to get frosted tips, shave off all of my hair and go bald, or grow a long, bushy, unkempt beard. There are some women who like those looks, but not the style my girlfriend is used to and likes.

We're all free to make our own personal stylistic choices, but that doesn't mean our partner has to think they are sexually attractive or not. I would find it difficult to get hard and feel like my girlfriend is sexy if she cut her hair the way you did, and that I just need to "put up with it" for a year or two is a silly thing to ask.

All I'm saying is that as partners, if you run drastic changes past your partner, there will be less shock, anger, and conflict at the end of the day.
>>
>>18474859
>frosted tips

Right OP what if your bf showed up looking like Guy Fieri?
>>
>>18474859
I knew he liked me with short hair. I didn't even think it was going to be an issue.
I had hair this length when we started dating in 2008, and I cut it short every couple of years because I either get stressed and start losing hair like crazy, or because it just gets unbearable and unpractical if I get into a new sport, or we do a long trip and stuff. 4 years ago we went on a hiking trip and walked for 2 months, I cut it way shorter than this because it was annoying as fuck.

>>18474870
I'd laugh at him, but wouldn't get mad at him.
He changed haircut, grew beards and such before, never bothered me too much to be honest. They suit him.
>>
>>18474448
he's being possessive and controlling. he's probably insecure. seems to be minor, though. I wouldn't make a big thing of it, but I would stand up for yourself and take a mental note of this.
>>
How is this even a thread? The dude's obviously a little nuts to get "offended" over something so petty. Unless there's something you're leaving out, you shouldn't feel remotely bad. If he keeps bringing it up, tell him to get over it. Tell him he overestimates the amount of leverage he has in the relationship or over your decisions (this might be a lie, but you need to shut him down if he's trying his hand at controlling garbage like this). If a minor change to your appearance is such a big deal to him, he's the one that needs to start talking, not you. Also, looks like a nice 'do.
>>
>>18474899

You're still missing the point here by falling back on "well it used to be that way...."

We get it. You had short hair at one point. Clearly, he likes you better with long hair. You said you'd just laugh at him with bleached hair and that beards suit him, but you're missing the analogy here. It doesn't matter if it's one of my specific examples. Take something you find sexually attractive about him and imagine if he decided he was going to drastically change it without your opinion. He got fat, he decided he was going to wear nothing but male rompers, he started wearing a contact lens in one eye that made his iris purple. ANYTHING.

Wouldn't you be angry he didn't consult you? All we're trying to do is get you to see another perspective and understand why he's mad.

Again, you're lucky he's just a little frustrated and not ending the relationship. Some guys would. Some women would. And it doesn't make them bad people.
>>
>>18474911

The instant my girlfriend told me to "get over it" I would get over it by dumping her. I'd see it as a sign one day that I'd come home and she'd have traded in my car for one she thought was more economical, or threw away all of my favorite shit so she could redecorate the house how she liked it.

Drastic changes in relationships should be discussed.
>>
>>18474926
>Drastic changes in relationships should be discussed.
/thread
>>
>>18474448
It's pretty nice to be in a relationship with someone who is considerate of their partner and asks them before hand, or at least wants to know their opinion on something

It's like, what if your boyfriend wanted to just stop shaving, or grow his hair long, shave his head bald, or something else that you might not like

Yeah, it's your body and you didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but you're building a relationship where you two aren't going to consider each other's feelings
>>
Total over reacation. I mean you're not a kid, you should'nt have to ask permission and it is your hair, your body so do whatever. Plus, that's such nice hairstyle for the summer to keep you cool and by fall/winter it'll grow out so you can keep warm.
>>
>>18474982

>muh hair
>muh body

Also his relationship. When you're with someone, if you want to maintain the relationships, a lot of choices aren't entirely yours unless you want to deal with consequences.
>>
>>18474914
>Clearly, he likes you better with long hair.
He doesn't. He likes me most with a long bob (so about 10 cm longer than what it is now) and bangs. He doesn't like me with very long hair and always stressed me to cut it or style it/braid it.
He hasn't complained about the haircut I got, just because I did cut it without mentioning it beforehand.

I would get mad if he did something permanent or something I always said I disliked, but it isn't the case. If he changed the style of his beard to something I dislike I would just tell him "I dislike this, can you get back to normal?".
I wouldn't get mad at him for cutting it.
>>
>>18474926
My hair is not his shit, tho.
Plus, I knew he liked me with short hair so it's not like I did it to punish him.
>>
>>18474526
absolutely not, means she's becoming a degenerate aka liberal
>>
>>18474527

If I were yoyr bf I'd be worried because you admit yourself you're an impulsive person, hard to trust someone like that and in my experience/opinion not worth it for all the problem it brings
>>
>>18474526
I mean, you don't just get enormous gauges or lots of piercings at the same time. That happens over time so you'd have a chance to say something about it.

But if it's a dealbreaker for you, then it's a dealbreaker. I don't think I could date someone with the enormous gauges either, but if I were already emotionally bonded with them, I hope and think I'd be able to look past whatever they wanted to do with their body barring something really extreme like a gender flip.
>>
>>18474575
Jesus, you sound like a traitor to women everywhere.

OP should have given her boyfriend a heads up just out of courtesy, but that's it. She doesn't need his permission and it's crazy to read anything more into it. If short hair is a dealbreaker for him, he can tell her and she can make the decision whether or not to grow it back out and, in the meantime, if he gives a shit about her, he can just suck it up and deal with the short hair.

Personally, if I'm with someone and they're willing to break up with me over a short haircut, they can gtfo anyway. It's one thing to not start dating women with short hair and it's another to break up with a long term girlfriend because she got a haircut you don't like.
>>
File: 9849dc4b7a70a3928dd70815f0dcd158.jpg (620KB, 1400x1786px) Image search: [Google]
9849dc4b7a70a3928dd70815f0dcd158.jpg
620KB, 1400x1786px
>>18475636

I'll bite. If I buy a car I really like because I wanted four wheel drive and the four wheel drive breaks after a year, should I just accept the dealership is going to get around to fixing it in a year, or buy a new car?

Especially when now I know that it's prone to unexpectedly breaking down?

Sorry, any woman in a relationship who is going to radically cut her hair off without talking to her partner is going to come home 10 years from now with my dad's haircut. Pic related.
>>
>>18475751
What the fuck is this analogy
>>
>>18475780

You get into a relationship expecting something. If a girl (or guy) suddenly looks totally different from what you were expecting, it's not shitty to be unhappy about it.

She said
>It's one thing to not start dating women with short hair and it's another to break up with a long term girlfriend because she got a haircut you don't like.

Well, if you didn't want to START dating someone with short hair, you shouldn't suddenly have to be okay with it because they arbitrarily made the decision one day. Just like you shouldn't have to be okay with them getting fat. Or too skinny. Or getting a tattoo.
>>
>>18475806
Alright fair enough, I think you are correct.
>>
>>18475751
Because having a romantic partner who is their own person is exactly like buying a car.

Because cutting hair, which grows back anyways, is exactly like something breaking down and needing to be completely replaced.
>>
>>18475843

No, but sexual attraction can be very specific, and hair can take a long time to grow back. I see it the same way as someone getting fat - although you get a better idea of someone getting fat over time, and you can't fix it.

I find short hair EXTREMELY unattractive. That's my taste, and my type. You can't fault me for that, right? We all have our tastes.

The four wheel drive in a car going out doesn't make it undrivable, it just means I can't go four wheeling out in the desert. It means the fun I wanted with the car when I bought it isn't available to me. And if they can't fix it for an entire year, I'm not getting what I wanted out of the car.

I mean, if we want less of an analogy, when I first started dating my ex girlfriend, she had beautiful, long, red hair. It was one of the first things that made me talk to her. At some point in the relationship, she got this corporate job, and refused to wear her hair down on weekdays, because she said it was "unprofessional and slutty." Five days a week, I had to deal with her hair tightly pulled back in a tight knot, constantly wearing a pantsuit. And too lazy to do it on the weekends. I lost attraction to her because one of my absolute favorite traits about her, that drove me wild, was gone.
>>
>>18475876
>>18475751
You have made not only the shittiest analogy I've ever seen, but have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop while you're ahead.
>>
>>18475920

Why do I have no idea what I'm talking about? Because I don't want to desperately go along with whatever my girlfriend wants to do to her looks?

I can acknowledge a shitty analogy. My point stands though.
>>
>>18475928
I don't think you've ever driven a vehicle outside of your training classes, much less know what four wheel drive means.

>>18474575
You're wrong, from either gender's standpoint. Changing the way that you style your hair is like buying new clothes, not some stupid shit like "satisfying spontaneous ideas" or "whims". You're changing something you have control over and can change back, this is nothing like tattoos or piercings.

I love ass length hair, and have dated women who cut to shoulders or shorter to try something new. My response to this is I don't find it as sexy, that's it. It will be back within a few months for anyone who has decent hair in the first place,
>>
>>18474448
I think it is not his decision, and he can go suck a dick
>>
>>18474448
He's being a bitch.
If you still look good while looking different, it's a non-issue.
>>
>>18474448
Uh it is YOUR hair. Not his. Def a red flag that he is the controlling type.

You dont owe him an aplogy like some are suggesting.
>>
You're a huge bitch. You're not single. Changes you make to your appearance affect your SO and you should check before doing anything major.
>>
>>18476051
Would you say this if he grew a Hitler mustache?
>>
>>18475604
It's something I spent 20€ on and will have no major impact on my life.
I am not impulsive with major sums of money, or life altering decisions.
It's just a haircut. I can't believe that some people aren't impulsive about something so minor.

>>18475751
He started dating a girl with short hair.
He happened to date a girl with short hair many times during our relationship because I routinely cut my hair short.
This is another one of the 5 or 6 times I cut my hair short since we got together.
>>
>>18476067
Lol. I mean it is his hair. Not saying that I would really approve of it but he can do wtf he wants to. Will he also start hating jews/blacks/catholics if he grew a Hitler stash? Hair vs beliefs/personality
>>
>>18476082

For the times that I've posted in this thread, I haven't really been trying to say that he should dump you or anything like that. And it doesn't sound like he's on the cusp of it. Yes, at the end of the day, it's your hair, your body, your style.

I'm just repeating myself, but really, it should just be that you discuss big changes with your partner. Give them a heads up. Let them speak their mind. Then do what you want, but you can at least let them give you a thought or two.
>>
>>18476110
Getting a fucking haircut is a huge change. So is going to grab some food at the store. Same with depositing a check. Can't forget about washing clothes and changing bed sheets!

Huge changes there Cap'n!
>>
hes being a bitch. Who the fuck cares about something so unimportant as hair, its not like you went bald, it still looks good. I personally prefer guys with long hair but i sure as hell would not get upset at my man for cutting it. Id express my feelings about it, but getting upset about it is just going over the top and being dramatic. And if the person would break up with you for something like that then thats just good, you got to know that the person is shallow and doesnt really care for you.
>>
>>18475751
Wow, what an awful analogy.

Hair grows back and fairly quickly too. If she cut it to the length in the picture, it'll be past her shoulders again in a few months.

You don't buy a person. And when you date someone, they don't have any obligation to you to stay the same person. She may decide to cut her hair or get into a new hobby or start dressing different. You have a right to break up with someone for any reason, but it's pretty shitty to act outraged and self righteous when you break up with them for stupid reasons.
>>
>>18476120

Food at the store doesn't take two years to come back. Neither does washing clothes or changing bedsheets. She made a drastic change to her hair. That's a year of their relationship she looks different. Nothing changes with the others. A lot does with hair.
>>
>>18476123

>who cares about something as important as style
>who cares about something as important as getting fat
>who cares about something as important as dental hygiene

All shit that people care about to varying degrees. Clearly her boyfriend cares. You may not, but he does.

>>18476133

Ignore the analogy then. OP said her hair used to be mid back. That's gonna take a year or more to come back. Her boyfriend is allowed to be frustrated, she's allowed to do whatever she wants with her hair, but she can't be mad at him for reacting to her choice.
>>
Decision is up to you but guys tend to hate it when girls cut their hair short. We tend to be attracted to chicks "visually" while chicks are more "emotionally" attracted to guys. Changing your haircut is equivalent to a guy changing his personality.
>>
>>18476139
Nah hair doesn't take forever to grow
>>
>>18476166
1 to 1.5 centimeters a month. That's 15 months or so for six inches of hair, which will be just past the shoulders of the girl in OP's pic.
>>
>>18476155
I don't think anyone's saying he's not allowed to care. He got offended about it and told her she should "talk to him" - I think everyone can agree that telling him beforehand is best, but this sounds like controlling behavior.
>>
>>18476184
Mine grows an inch per month at least. It would take maybe 4 months to get down below my shoulders and maybe a year to get back to mid-back.

But regardless, you're being a little bitch. You should like a controlling asshole yourself.
>>
>>18476184
I dated a girl after high school for a couple years who cut her hair from ass length to above her shoulders and was back to ass length within 6 or 7 months. Google averages don't mean shit, and if you're the 4WD idiot you're just as stupid regardless of whether you dropped the analogy you didn't understand yourself.
>>
>>18476184
Lmao i know ppl whose hair grows inches per month
>>
fuck no! do what you want, you don't have to tell your boyfriend SHIT!!
>>
>>18476155
it's HER choice. nobody else's. she doesn't need to go to daddy to get his approval, she just gotta go to the salon and get her haor did. why? because her hair is not her boyfriend's hair. it's hers. boyfriend can cry her a river.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.