[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to recover from being a 7 year shut-in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1498618499628.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1498618499628.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I have been a shut-in for 7 years now and my mind and body have deteriorated to the point that I can barely remember or focus on anything anymore and I'm the fattest I've ever been with multiple diet-related health problems.

I've tried to deal with the mental health problems that are keeping me in this place but the mental health services in my area are terrible and they failed me immensely.

I'm wondering if there's any way out of this mess or if I should just keep deteriorating until the health problems kill me. I've tried suicide a few times but I've fucked it up and frankly I think anything is better than nothing provided it isn't constant agony.
>>
Do you have interests?
>>
>>18474405
did you finish highschool? if not get yourself on https://www.khanacademy.org/ and start at first grade math and work your way up to 12th and then schedule your GED test.
>>
>>18474405
Death can't take you until you've given up, and that's never the answer. It's going to take changing the structure of your brain to do this, and if that sounds difficult it's because it is. You're going to have to constantly battle against every urge that you've been feeding, as we all do. Your impulse control is atrocious, and that's because idle hands do the devil's work, or so the story goes. You need something to do that occupies 75% of your time so that the other 25% you spend sleeping and eating HEALTHY food. Start with vitamins, since you likely have a nutrient deficiency which will contribute to your overall stupor, and slowly develop better impulse control and you'll boumce back.

In shorter terms, quit being such a damn baby. Get off your ass and do it.
>>
Keep in mind you've done this for 7 years, so you've developed habits that could be hard to crack, persistence is key.

If focus is a problem, put away the distractions, computer, tv, phone, etc anything that eats your time and then sit and imagine, imagine places you've been and what you did there, focus entirely on that experience and nothing else, if you can focus on that memory and not get sidetracked, you can still focus.

Then after that, figure out a diet and work out plan, slowly ween yourself off the pleasure foods starting with the easiest to the most addicting until its gone, you may have developed comfort eating and that won't help you keep the fat away. You have to figure out what your ideal weight and strength is and build a weekly schedule to achieving this.

Lastly also scribble up a week by week schedule for productive things you want to do, like socializing, your passion, free days to enjoy guilt-free, the worst thing a person can be is have no schedule, since it means theres no need for a sleep schedule and if there is no sleep schedule your Circadian Rhythms get fucked and you need that shit to be aligned. It also just plain makes you more responsible, but also make your schedule realistic, if you have to start off with doing only one minor thing a day and then go up then do that, you can sort yourself out anon, don't give up.
>>
>>18474545
>Keep in mind you've done this for 7 years, so you've developed habits that could be hard to crack, persistence is key.

This, it is possible, but if you expect to get out of a hole you took 7 years to dig in 7 days, you're bound to fail from the get go

I'd say try for 3 years, at least. Less than that you didn't work on it long enough
>>
>>18474405
As uncomfortable as it sounds, try and put yourself in situations where you either
>Have to talk to people
>Be around new people

Staying in your comfort zone will get you nowhere, find a hobby or something you can be involved in, outdoors that is

It's gonna be awkward at first, not knowing how to respond to strangers or what to say but you'll quickly realize nobody really gives a shit
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.