[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doomed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 225x225px
I can't connect with people or bond with them emotionally, no sense of attachment towards others or myself. Nothing has value to me, nothing affects me anymore.

I have been socially isolated for 9 years, it gradually numbed me. Now I don't lonely or even actually desire relationships, I can't say if this goof or bad.

Question is am I doomed to stay alone? Will I get my emotions back ever again, I mean I was diagnosed as having depression but meds have no effect on me.
>>
>>18474401
Diagnosis would be the best course of action. You could try playing online games like non autistic mmorpgs to practice social skills to an extent. After that going to Barber shops and trying to initiate conversations is a good way to practice speech.
>>
How are you supporting yourself? Are you just scraping by?
>>
>>18474423
Diagnosed with depression. I just feel anger from time to time, but otherwise I am pretty empty inside. No matter what, people pick up on it. I don't care, I don't remember when I even cared about anything. Something is wrong and I don't know what it is, I guess isolation is not good for mental health.
>>
>>18474433
I trade, invest in stock enough to keep me afloat.
>>
>>18474452
>I guess isolation is not good for mental health
ding ding ding

its fun and sometimes beneficial to be detached, but that doesn't have to involve never talking to anyone and physically removing yourself from others

The online gaming suggestion was good, except for the MMO part. A competitive or cooperative game would be good for your mind, whereas an MMO is just false rewards for putting many many hours into a meanginless universe held up by strings and made of paper machet.

Nobody dies from playing League or CSGO or Battlefield or Minecraft, but people die playing MMOs.

Also there are less popular, more niche multiplayer choices. Get Steam and a decent PC.
>>
>>18474455
That's pretty nice. You have to care about something, even if that part of your mind is dimly lit.

I was isolated before. It was only frustrating when my little bubble burst. I got by on memories of being in love. I'd just do shut in stuff, exercise, cook and go for walks.

I think everyone's bubble bursts at some point, though, and that this shut in thing is a setback once its over.

If you ever get ambitions again, you might just see the past nine years as a waste.
>>
>>18474466
I play vidya but even that is boring. So considering I am unable to feel joy, desire and other plethora of feelings... does this mean I got brain damage? Or is this some form of antisocial personality disorder?
>>
>>18474481
Live a healthy life instead of living an unhealthy one and speculating about what disease you are developing.

Also most people get APD before they adults.

Not trying to be mean, but I doubt the part about the stock market, based on my experience with shut ins.

>I don't feel like living a healthy life
Then stop being ambivalent and just waste more of your life. Not feeling like doing something is not the same as being unable
>>
>>18474466
Mmos are more casual so that's why I suggested it. Those competative games can get really toxic and may be counter productive
>>
>>18474508
I live like others eat sleep, shit rinse ans repeat it's kinda monotone. For me nothing has an intristic value, even going to fancy restaurants doesn't change that.

The problem is I am disconnected from everything, no pleasure from activities, no sadness or anything. I feel like I am dead but alive, zero emotions or affect. Which is really dull especially it's all the time.

Maybe in future they will bring new meds to heal fuck ups like me.

About trading I was a bit wrong, I trade crypto which even a baby can make profit from, though now it's not good time to go in bear season and all.
>>
>>18474516
>toxic
Not if you's a real nigga. If the nigga got a level 80 sword of truth and he's shinin then you know thats a fake nigga. Play Souls at least.

>>18474533
>I don't like it
Then just stop. Start living a way you'd prefer

>but I don't feel like it
Pfffft. Maybe so, but I can't possibly understand why you're asking for advice if you don't feel like following it.

You already know what you'd rather be doing or "should" be doing, but you refuse to take your own advice because you don't feel like it.

>I have APD
>I need medication
Cut this shit the fuck out

Maybe a med would pull you out of this "life is a dream" feeling, but honestly it can make it much much worse. Psych meds are not great...

The only thing thats gonna get you out of this is yourself. You don't have to feel like doing something to do it. Your reward circuitry is on sleep mode. If you wait for it to turn back on by itself while you live the shut in life and don't even get a kick out of videogames, you'll be waiting a long fucking time

Dont want to hear another excuse. Best of luck. Anon out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.