[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a stupid goal if i want to make my own game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Using something like Unity or Gamemaker ?
Or is it a legit possibility?
>>
>making all those game assets on your own

Who's going to produce your SFX?
>>
>>18474108
I guessed i made those as well
>>
>>18474096
It's possible, but probably not worth it. Hundreds or even thousands of hours of work.There's so much more you can do with that kind of time.

Let's step back a little though, *why* do you want to make a game?
>>
>>18474157
Because i had some interesting ideas sparking from a couple of games that has interesting, but a little bit flawed AI.
Games, such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and F.E.A.R.

Plus it is something else to do than sit and browse 4chan and play video games.
>>
>>18474172
What's your goal? Do you want to make the game that you want to play? Do you want others to play your game?

As a personal example, several years ago I wanted to make an open world adventure game because there were, to my knowledge, no existing games quite like what I wanted. I worked on it for a long time and had some real successes, but one day realized that I had already spent far more time creating the game than I would ever spend playing it, and it would take much much much more work to finish. So I quit.

Ultimately it's not an awful idea. You're right that it's probably a better use of your time, and you could learn some real skills. But make sure that you set realistic goals (you're not going to make a game equivalent to S.T.A.L.K.E.R right away, that's going to take years) and that you're doing it for the right reasons. Make sure you're doing it because you like *making games*.
>>
>>18474213
I didn't really set any specific goal yet.
I gotta think about this through a bit more it seems
>>
Do you have any of the skills needed at least?

I mean, what nerd wouldn't love to do that, but at the very least you need to know basic coding, art and game theory if you want to do something really original.
>>
>>18474172
you won't be able to create stalker and fear alone, start trying to make games with a (much) smaller scope, and see if you like it.
>>
So you want to do everything like the creator of Stardew Valley?
>>
Y'all are such naysayers. If you keep your idea simple and you find a nice community where you can get help for assets (or find them for cheap or free with online resources) of course you can make a game in Unity. I'd lower your expectations a bit, and actually learn to program first but why not? Just like make game.

>>/vg/agdg
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.