[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I turn my life around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 119.png (73KB, 847x521px) Image search: [Google]
119.png
73KB, 847x521px
Alright so...
>Will be 30 soon
>Haven't worked the last few months and have no idea what kind of job to look for, especially since I can't stand being around people any longer
>Have been cucked by all the girls in my life and have no desire of meeting a new one
>No friends
>Have become bitter
>Think I have an alcohol addiction, but abstain because I can't afford being drunk all the time in my current situation
>No desire to go out and meet people... Or to go out in general
>Nothing really gives me pleasure anymore
What would you do in my position, to change your life around anon?
>>
Here's what you do:

1. Get a job immediately. There are jobs for people who don't like being around people. I worked as an graveyard shift orderly at a mental hospital; I talked with no one and just read and surfed the internet, and had no experience. Hotels, shipping and receiving, warehouse work, these types of jobs exist where you needn't interact.

2. Use your cuckbucks to get a therapist. It doesn't matter if you have been before, or if it hasn't helped, and you don't have to take medication if you don't want to. Your essentially paying for a friend to give you solid life advice. This is worth money. If you don't click with one after two or three sessions, find another one.

3. Stop playing vidya/wasting time on 4chan/online, invest some time in a hobby. Not like kite-flying or anything retarded like that, but if you like reading, set aside some time to read. Go to a coffee shop. Just consciously do a thing that isn't melting your brain. You won't do this all at once, so just try to do it a little bit each day or every other day.

4. Stop drinking alcohol if you can. It is not enriching your life, you are currently using it to numb yourself into atrophy. This can be addressed in therapy.

(HARD MODE). Start jogging or doing calisthenics at home to combat the INEVITABLE crash of dopamine that will come with trying to adjust to a new life.

At the risk of sounding new-agey bullshit, women, work, and friends all come from a single determinant factor: you. It sounds like you are in a prolonged state of depression and don't know how to get out of it, so you are resigning yourself. You need the help of a professional to get back on the straight and narrow, and all the other stuff will fall in line surprisingly easier than you thought they should have.

Source: i could have written OP two years ago and now im awesome
>>
>>18473750
Not OP but how are you awesome?
>>
>>18473763
>>18473763
If I came off too strong with "I'm awesome," i just meant that I feel awesome in relation to where I was. I know a lot of other people who are doing a lot better off than me, but for my part, I feel proud of myself and I know OP can turn it around and be awesome too.

My story:

>permavirgin with like two friends, one being someone from WoW
>no hobbies besides vidya
>bullied and made fun of constantly
>no social awareness, was basically a neckbeard
>got in a four year relationship with the first girl who touched my dick
>got fat as fuck
>got cucked
>worked at a shitty kitchen for $9.25 and deluded myself into thinking I was special and was gonna move to hollywood and write scripts or something lol
>gave me an excuse to talk shit about everything and everyone because I had this little fantasy of hidden potential
>poor as dirt
>no passion in anything besides derision
>drank constantly and eventually hospitalized for seizures related to alcoholism

turning point
>therapy to figure out why i was behaving why i was behaving
>also learned a bunch of other insight on myself and other people
>started working out, lost a ton of weight
>sober for 2 years last month
>started banging 19-21 year olds
>coworkers all respect me
>I'm still a little weird but I'm secure with myself
>going to grad school at a really reputable institution in another couple months for a field I am genuinely excited about
>>
>>18473750
OP here. I saved all of that. Thank you
>>
>>18473833
we're gonna make it, bro. it's gonna take awhile to develop new habits; be gentle & easy to forgive yourself, and it won't take long before you can barely recognize the man you've become.
>>
File: 778.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
778.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>18473851
Cheers anon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.