[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fired from McDonald's Need Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1447688736671.png (106KB, 2000x1516px) Image search: [Google]
1447688736671.png
106KB, 2000x1516px
Hi /adv/.

Yesterday I was fired from McDonald's for insubordination. I'm confused and I find this to be unjustifiable. I was supposed to take an order from a couple and their kids. I knew right away the couple was gay. As a person of Christian faith, I felt that it was within my religious freedom to not serve them. Homosexuality to me is immoral and a sin. All I did was tell my co-worker to take their order and I stepped back explaining my reason. Unfortunately, my manager caught wind and fired me.

Do I have reasonable chance to either get my job back or successfully sue the McDonald's franchise/McDonald's Corp for damages? I live in the United States and religious freedom is a cornerstone in our Constitution.
>>
B8 m8

Its freedom from religion. You are still free to practice your religion. Mcdonalds corporation is free to not practice your religion. But yeah nah go ahead and lawyer up and sue them, keep us updated.
>>
>>18473371
>Christian
>On 4chan

Have fun in hell.
>>
>>18473371
...you couldn't take their order because you assumed they were gay?

I would have fired you too. Gotta get your head out of your ass if you're going to have a job.
>>
Unfortunately, you will not win. If they can force a couple who own their company serve gays at their wedding to do so, then you don't have a shot as a mcdicks employee not taking their order. Also, taking their food order isn't supporting their homosexuality
>>
>>18473376
I didn't want to use Reddit because it's pro-atheist.

>>18473378
They had adopted kids and you could tell them by their voice.

>>18473379
Well considering the Masterpiece Cakes case is being taken up by SCOTUS next term, I have a good shot too. The baker is gonna win.
>>
File: 1388632010293.png (140KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1388632010293.png
140KB, 622x626px
>>18473371
>>
>>18473382
Still, it's not like you were serving them McDonald's at their fag wedding or their annual fist-fest fiesta. You aren't contributing to their faggot shit, just serving them a cheap burger
>>
>>18473382
>I didn't want to use Reddit because it's pro-atheist
So you came here. A much better wholesome, TRADITIONAL family oriented website. Jesus is proud of you bro.
>>
>>18473395
>A much better wholesome, TRADITIONAL family oriented website
I'm not OP, but you don't even realize how true this is on some boards. I'm making it happen little by little as are others.
>>
>>18473371
>I felt that it was within my religious freedom to not serve them.

What you feel is legally irrelevant. The law presumes that any potential customer has the right to be served unless create a disturbance, as by being drunk.

You have the right not to be gay. You have the right to disapprove of gays. You DO NOT have the legal right (in 90% of jurisdictions) to treat gay people differently.

If you feel so strongly, I advise you not to look for future work in any retail setting or any situation that might put you in contact with the public or with co-workers.
>>
>>18473371
Anti-discrimination laws. Businesses aren't people, so they don't have first amendment protections. Businesses are licensed and money-making entities.

You didn't get fired for insubordination, you got fired because you're dumb.
>>
>>18473371
People already explained in this thread why you don't have a case, but I think you should sue anyway, so that everyone can see just how pathetic chistians are, getting triggered over being asked to serve a cheap shitty burger to someone slightly different
>>
>>18473371
You were insubordinate by refusing to do the job you were hired for. Also, you are not a manager and therefore are not authorized to direct a co-worker to take your place to do work that was yours. I doubt you would win based on the grounds you took the job with a reasonable expectation that you would wait on customers of all ethic, religious, gender and sexual backgrounds and or behaviors as McDonald's does not discriminate. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see you winning this at all.
I'm also always confused by people who behave this way. What did you hope to accomplish by not waiting on them? Do you really think that's going to change anything? I can understand not believing that gay marriage is right it or that the behavior is not right and not supporting it. But not waiting on someone? Why did you take a job a McDonald's knowing this was going to happen? What are you going to do if you have to work with gay people? You don't have to support it but stop being stupid.
>>
File: 1459707997116.jpg (6KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459707997116.jpg
6KB, 209x200px
>>18473382
>>18473371
>>
File: 1383867625531.jpg (20KB, 403x395px) Image search: [Google]
1383867625531.jpg
20KB, 403x395px
god fucking damnit you cant go a day without seeing a Christian condemning thread here

you fucking
>le edgy atheists xd tips fedora
can fuck right off
>>
File: LAUGH.png (221KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGH.png
221KB, 1280x1024px
what a fucking idiot
>>
Your religious freedom was never infringed upon. You were to take their order, aka do your job. They did not require you to go to a mosque or temple. They did not require you to have a threesome with the gays. You are unreasonable. Religious freedom is about freedom from religious oppression, not freedom into religious oppression. You are free not to participate in religious services. You are not free to take every other day off work, because it is a religious holiday.
>>
I'm glad you got fired for being a retarded christfag. Maybe now you have to suck dick for money.
>>
>>18473382
>The baker is gonna win.

Because it's HIS business. You worked for McDonalds, you don't own it.
>>
Move on and apply to Chick-fil-A. You get Sundays off and the company hate gays.
>>
File: Pyrite.jpg (68KB, 760x918px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrite.jpg
68KB, 760x918px
>>18473371
>As a person of Christian faith,

Jesus was known for being in the company of thieves, prostitutes and the poor. He saw them as people worthy to be ministered to.
Are you saying you're better and know better than Christ?
>>
>>18474119
Stop spreading this exaggeration The only anti gay thing they've done was donate to a foundation that happened to oppose gay marriage. Chick-fil-a has actually helped the gay community more than you ever will.
>>
>>18473371
Lying is a sin too right? Would you not serve a guy because he lied to his wife that McDonald's food was very healthy or that he was in awesome shape when he was a fatty?

You don't get to be the moral police at jobs, it's none of your business.

I'd like to point out that religious people are borderline retarded. Did you know people knew the solar system was heliocentric about 1,000 years before copernicus? The library of alexandria in egypt had scrolls calculating the size of the earth and describing a fairly detailed mathematical calculations of the solar system. Religious people invaded and burned it down because it didn't fit with their mythology. Are you going to be the next dipshit to set the world back 1,000 years?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.