[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /adv/ I have legal question. About two weeks ago I dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Okay /adv/ I have legal question. About two weeks ago I dropped a friend's phone coming out of a store. It had gotten a small crack on the bottom left of the screen but it was still working. I did tell the girl about it and she immediately said if it stops working, I'll have to replace it and she claims it has although I haven't seen it in two weeks. Now she is threatening to take me to small claims court in virginia to make me pay for it and I was wondering what are my chances. She also came by my job site this past wednesday night for the sole purpose of me paying her money because she knows when I get paid but I was not in at the time. There is no text of me saying that'll I pay for the phone. It is a lg k10 with metro pcs if that helps.
>>
Stop being a nigger and replace her phone. Its a shit tier ghetto trash phone, like less than $100 off ebay. You broke it, so man up and replace it. Its not like its an iphone.

Technically you dont have to pay jack shit because she cant prove anything, but yeah youre a scumbag if you do that. AT LEAST give 50% of the cost to buy one brand new, or just buy one for her off ebay.
>>
>>18473219
what the fuck dude? you dropped it and cracked it, you should have replaced it even if it didn't stop functioning.
>>
>>18473219
She has no proof against you, so don't be afraid of legal actions. If the phone worked for two weeks after you dropped it, it's unlikely that this is the reason of getting it wrong.
It's up to your manners if you replace it, because her claim can't stand a chance in legal grounds. However, a $100 phone does not worth losing a friend imo.
>>
>>18474198
He should not be friends with someone willing to sue him over something as small as a phone anyway.
Tell her she is a cunt and you are not replacing shit and she can spend more money trying to sue it out of you.
>>
>>18473219

Just drop the phone off at a repair shop to get a replacement screen. Probably less than $100 but phone around.
>>
You're a bad person.
>>
>>18474210
>as small as a phone
fun fact, google authenticator is not actually backed up to your google account, if you lose your phone or it breaks you have to go through the process of removing two factor authentication from every single service you use it for. which is about 20 for me. That's 20 companies I have to send my ID to and go through their shitty support systems.
>>
>>18474198
op here. this particular girl was someone i use to date but things went haywired as she had so many demands like she didn't like how i drink my sodas from the right side of my mouth but all my life I always have done that. By the second date she complained that my shirt wasn't ironed enough even though I did ironed it. Said 'I'm not going anywhere with you looking like that' and demanded i give it to her so she can iron it. She also says that care more about my money than I do her but that's not true. About a month ago she hit me for lying to her about how i felt waiting in the car for her to finish playing bingo. She even told me if i lie to her she is going to punch me and I told her that i knew she be out so i didn't worry about it. back in february I opened up about cutting my self some years back and she laughed when she saw the scars, saying 'Sorry but where you cut at would not have killed you' She knows where I live and my schedule because one coworker said she showed up asking for me and I was off that night. She only showed up becuase she knew I got paid that night and tried to collect the money for a replacement phone

tl;dr she's not a very good friend
>>
>>18475158
IT DOESN"T MATTER. You broke something, pay for it or fix it. Doesn't matter if you like the owner or not. Have some principles in life, man.
>>
>>18475169
Right. will look into it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.