[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends in college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1431379300075.png (9KB, 601x694px) Image search: [Google]
1431379300075.png
9KB, 601x694px
How do you make friends in college?
>>
>>18473123

talk to people in class, or at events, or just around.
>>
>>18473123
>he wants friends
kek
>>
>>18473123
Don't bother, they'll just distract you from your studies. If you just want some socialization use meetup.com if you've got a hobby or interest.
>>
>>18473137
No point doing that when there's a group for everything from Harry Potter, to horse riding to sky diving.
>>
>>18473123
If you didn't go to college with your speshul unique clique of people you've been hanging out with for the last 5-12 years like all the normies, you're fucked. Don't even try.
>>
>>18473166
Not true.
>>
>>18473123
Do your own things. People will come eventually.
Just do what your heart tells you to and people will relate.
>>
>>18473172
t. chad who studied abroad
>>
>>18473179
1. go to running club
2. listen to plan
3. do some laps of the village
4. see running club drinks on facebook
5. head to the bar at the specified time
6. listen to the topic at hand
7. contribute when you know something
8. talk to people who are trying to get to know you as the newcomer
9. repeat twice weekly for 2 weeks
10. people now know you and you know them
11. you know what you'd like to talk about and do together
12. you do that
13. you now have friends... you fucking idiot.
>>
>>18473166
Wow you must have gone to a shitty college then.
>>
>>18473186
That's a really weird way of making friends, my socially challenged companion.
>>
>>18473193
I have friends, I was made social sec. of two of the largest societies at my uni. It would be interesting if it was weird, but this is what I see everybody else doing as well.
>>
>>18473208
t. chad
>>
>>18473214
Ok you fail, hopeless yada yada.

What name is the opposite of Chad?
>>
>>18473226
You wouldn't know that, would you Chad Normanstein?
>>
This is admittedly poor advice, but smoke cigs. No lie. You can just walk up to fellow smokers and strike up a conversation about whatever. Downside is you'll become addicted to cigarettes. Worked for me
>>
File: 142147120289.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
142147120289.gif
365KB, 500x275px
Bump.
>>
I made friends by participating in things I didn't have to, like clubs or even just raising my hand. Some subcultures think that lonely people make good friends, and other subcultures think they are dangerous, so ymmv.
>>
>>18473166
wew lad, i've made lots of acquaintance during my first week at university, and not even full year later i have group of dudes from uni with whom i hang out with regulary, and who have met my other friends, so it expanded.
you're just autistic and cant function outside you weeaboo friend base
>>
>>18473123
Not by going on 4chan
>>
>>18473123
You don't, you fucking fag. Get real friends outside of school
>>
Why about making friends outside of college?
>>
>>18473232
*Thundercock
>>
I made smalltalk with someone and when the class ended i told them "hey i think youre cool if you wanna hang out hit me up" and gave them my number. They texted me and now we do shit together sometimes, just put yourself out there
>>
>>18473488
Downside is also cancer
>>
>>18473123
College is the easiest time you'll have in your life making friends. Get to class a few minutes early and chat with people before the professor is there. Join a club. Go hang out at the campus bar. Set yourself a limit of asking a minimum of three people to hang out a week. Think of it as a videogame daily quest if you have to.
>>
>>18475516
This. I agree, college is easy because you always have the current subject as conversation topic or you can talk about your major and it's possible that you will meet people with your same interests since you are all there for a reason.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.