[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going on a first date soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: krabs anxiety ultra.jpg (6KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
krabs anxiety ultra.jpg
6KB, 247x204px
Problem is, it's the first date in my entire life (I'm 18) (Kissless virgin)
I have no clue how to act beside the basics:
>Be groomed
>Get fit
>Be nice
>Be assertive
>Tip the waitress.
>Offer to pay/partially pay on her / a drink or a treat on me

Other than that I know nothing. Nothing about visual cues, or if she hints me things. Hell, I barely can cope with physical touch aside of hugs (I'm VERY uncomfortable with touching most of the time cus rough childhood and shiet. Even when family members or my parents show affection with touch it rustles my jimmies. Sometimes, if I don't recognize the touch, I will literally jump from being scared)

How do I win her over despite my autismness & retardedness?
>>
>>18472509
What does one even say on a date? I find it hard enough talking to guys I don't know very well. I can't even imagine what one would say to a grill. I know that wasn't helpful but basically I wish you good luck OP. You probably got further than I ever will.
>>
>>18472509
>How do I win her over despite my autismness & retardedness?

Dating is not a game. The way you "win" her over is by giving her a good time. What does she think is a good time? Fuck if we know. We don't know her.

Dating is just like having a conversation. You don't "win" a conversation. Your goal is enjoying the conversation and having the other person enjoy it too, so they come for more.

And don't worry about sex on the first date. It's not gonna happen.
>>
>>18472522
I'm not worried about sex at all haha, it's not why I'm going on a date with her.

And by "win her over" I meant "get her to like me back & not looking pathetic". I do want her to have fun with me, but I'm also looking for a second date, and third and so on.
>>
>>18472518

Girls are people, too. Talk to them as if they were a person. The date is not only an excuse for sex (most of the time. As always, each person is different yadda yadda yadda).
>>
>>18472522
>>18472533

My dudes, I said I can barely cope with physical touch. How can I think of sex with her already?
And I'm aware it's not a game, I'm just trying to simplify it to myself since I'm INCREDIBLY anxious.
>>
>>18472532
>I do want her to have fun with me, but I'm also looking for a second date, and third and so on.

Why is there a "but" in the middle of that sentence? Does having fun prevent a follow-up date? Or, rather, having fun means a next date is more likely?

>And by "win her over" I meant "get her to like me back & not looking pathetic".

Well, if you want to be honest, then "be yourself". Either she'll like it or she won't. I know people make fun of that phrase here, but that's the thing. If you are putting up an act, then you are lying. Also, how do we know what she wants out of the date? Different girls want different things. We can't write you a script.
>>
>>18472542
> Or, rather, having fun means a next date is more likely?
yes that. You're over analyzing me my dude. I'm a simple man. At least I think I am.

And I agree about being myself, but I want to be my BEST self I can be. It's not about a script, it's about basic things to not fuck up, since I'm a bit of a sperg. I don't want my social-awkwardness ruin it, since she's REALLY popular and many guys already tried their luck, yet she goes out with me. (Holy shit, just writing it makes me smile)

Tl;Dr
Don't over analyze, just help me think how I can be my best self.
>>
>>18472561

Dude, it's great that you got a date, but you have to chill the fuck down. You say you don't want to overanalyze, but sadly, we must.

>Be nice
>Be assertive

What do those two mean?

> just help me think how I can be my best self.

What does that mean?

Here, let me show you an example: Do you tip waitresses when you are not on a date?

Because if you say "no", then you are planning on lying tonight. That's why you gotta be "you". Don't let your self esteem ride on this. Because, even if you prepare as much as you want, you can always fail. Why? Simply because you can't control what she likes, and she might not like something about you anyway.

So instead of overpreparing... Just. Have. Fun.
>>
>>18472575
I do tip the waitress. Usually, if I tip alone I tip alot since I don't look how much I tip and I don't calculate that shit. I just pull out a nice sum and say fuck it here ya go.

>"Be nice"
>Thanks, please, you're welcome, smiling
>"Be assertive"
>Being decisive and not being scared of eye contact

Being my best self... Well, whenever I'm around her I am my best self. It's like all of my positive aspects become even MORE positive. I'm funnier, nicer, better looking etc etc. But I never been alone and intimate with her, and I want to replicate that confidence even if she doesn't trigger it just by being around me.

And yeah. I'll have fun. The oldfag showed me she is already attracted so I just need to try to have fun.
And yeah. I might be over preparing, but it's because it's hard for me. Even digesting the fact she said "yes" took me a couple of days.
>>
>>18472602
>and I want to replicate that confidence even if she doesn't trigger it just by being around me.

That's what I'm trying to tell you. Sorry I couldn't nail it down earlier, but here I can articulate it:

Don't have an end goal in mind. "Triggering "your best self? What the flying fuck?

Be whatever you are alone with her. Are you usually nice? Then you don't need a list of things like you wrote me. Do you have some doubt and maybe need to break eye contact? Do it. You are allowed to.

If you force yourself to be this "best self", then this date will bean effort. It will be work. Do you want fun or work?
>>
>>18472616
I never got to be completely alone with her :/ Besides, I'm always nice. I like being nice.
And I guess you're right about forcing it. I shouldn't.

Oh well, THREAD IS OVER GUYS, PACK YER THINGS UP
>>
>>18472622
>I never got to be completely alone with her

That's why you can't plan how to "fix" yourself before going there. Good luck OP!
>>
When in doubt, ask her questions. Don't be afraid to talk about yourself either, but dont dominate the conversation
>>
>>18472533
>Girls are people, too

0/10
>>
>>18472509
Gotta be honest, your first date will most likely go horribly and you will autism out hardcore. These soft skills come from experience. Don't be discouraged though, this is a first step and a great one at that. It'll only get easier.
>>
>>18473655
This. It's all about practice. Once you have a bit of experience in dating it becomes trivially easy. You don't even think about it.

Same goes for sex. If you are a virgin, you think it's something mystical and really hard to get. Once you do have sex you realize how easy it is to get.
>>
>>18472627
Good idea.

>>18473655
>>18473676
This is a really smart way to look at it. And don't worry guys, I'm not afraid of sex because I'm not interested in sex. (At least not just yet.)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.