[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broke up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: thinking.jpg (86KB, 1000x762px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
86KB, 1000x762px
I ended it with my (now) ex-gf more than 2 weeks ago, we were in a relationship for almost 3 years. Not a day goes by that I not think of her and I actually feel some regret. Is this normal for such a long period or could it mean that I still love her?
>>
Depends. Why did you end it with her?
>>
>>18472214
Well, I'll need to type this out.
I had quite a lot off annoyences the last 18 month, starting with our sex life. Everytime she was feeling stressed out because of something she just wasn't in the mood to do it. She had exams about a month ago and was stressed again and just... distracted.

I had the feeling she was pushing me aside to learn for her exams and started chilling with one of my best friends (girl who I've known for 7 years now). The problem was, she just came out of a relationship and suddenly we were hanging out 5 times a week for 2 weeks, I also couldnt help but notice that I was starting to feel attracted to her. I didn't cheat on my gf with her, but the last month she had occupied my mind more than my gf did.

Now skip to 3 weeks ago, I was attending a party and my gf and the girl were both there. I went to my gf's home afterwards because I'd be sleeping there. When we get there she was very quiet and when I asked her what was wrong she burst out crying and told me she felt like the third wheel that evening because I was being so close with that friend of mine. After a few minutes of talking I confessed that I felt something for her, that was not a fun night..
>>
>>18472277
Now skip till 2 weeks ago.
We took a break that spanned a few days so I could reevaluate the situation and if I still loved my gf. The first time we met after that I told her that I want to try and make it right with her. Then when we saw eachother the next day I told her I wasn't sure anymore and it wouldn't be wise to continue the relationship if I didn't know if I loved her. The day after that I regretted my decision and tried to let her take my back, but it failed.

We met once since the breakup and I just cant stop feeling like shit. It's like I have 2 sides fighting over control. One side once to have her back, the other just wants to move on and be done with it. Its fucking painful
>>
>>18472277
oh my OP, you shouldn't confess so soon before you're 100% sure. Also, don't break up unless you're 100% sure.
You do not sound 100% sure. You might have fucked it up my dude.
Try and pursue the other girl you mentioned, and see if the feeling goes away.
>>
>>18472288
>>18472294
point still stands.
>>
>>18472294
Yeah, I actually had this once before with a classmate and after a while it got better. The thing that kills me the most was that she knew before I had the chance to work these feelings out..
And yeah, she literally asked if I was feeling something for the girl and I had to be straight forward, I didn't want to lie to her.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to a festival tomorrow with the girl and I'm planning to use this event to see how deep my feelings run for her, but it feels wrong.. my gf gave me those tickets for valentines which makes it even worse...

Goddamn I'm a sucker when it comes to decision making.
>>
>>18472211
Stay strong dude. My ex dumped me a little over a year ago and there are still some days where she is in my head all day. She strung me along for like 7 months after breaking up with me before I caught on. I say at the very least (if the situation permits it) grab a coffee or something and see what she's up to in a month or so but I'd just push those feels as far down as physically possible until a relationship with her is the furthest thing from anything that you'd want.
>>
>>18472550
Thanks man.
If there's one thing I've made clear to her, it's that I still want to see her now and then. She said she wasn't sure if she could handle it, but I hope she turns around. After 3 years of constantly being in contact with eachother it just feels so weird to have this silence. She mostly was a great gf and there are a lot of things about her that I miss, but I must not forget the things that made me doubt the relationship in the first place.
I think I can bury the feelings, but I'm not ready yet. I want to wait atleast 2 months to figure out if I'm enjoying the single life (currently not so much, but hey, it's just been 2 weeks) and then make a decision. It could be too late then, but atleast I've had the time to sort out my feelings.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.