[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engagement jitters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1497624028492-b.jpg (176KB, 600x3061px) Image search: [Google]
1497624028492-b.jpg
176KB, 600x3061px
First time posting here so hopefully it falls within the rules and I don't get banned.

Let me explain things about me first

>23 male
>Graduated University last year
>landed comfy job with promotion chances
>working to get CPA by 2019
>ugly, 5/10 I think and manlet at 5'4"
>have my own car, social, been told I'm fun to hang out with, export quality friendzone material

I am religious so wanted to get married early. Started searching but not much luck. Recently, my mother's friend approached her and basically asked if I would consider her daughter for marriage. This is where the issue begins.

>be trapped qt prey (the girl)
>19 years old, 7/10 with makeup, 8.5/10 without
>About an inch taller than me at 5'5" or so
>just got into prestegious University in one of the best programs (same as mine)
>19 years old...

Parents agreed to "confirm the relationship" by tomorrow and engagement by year end.

Anons what would you make of this situation? I asked her in confidence and privacy if she was being forced or felt obligated to be hitched with me but she said she thought about it and it was her own choice willingly and that she is happy. She is amazing and her family is amazing. Most girls don't even look at me because I'm short so I developed a severely pessimistic outlook.

How should I approach this? I have no idea how to deal with her and what is expected of me. What do you even talk about with girls her age? She seems mature, religious and down to earth. I don't want to come off as autistic or a massive spurglord.
>>
>>18472030

this probably isnt going to work out well. your basing your life path around marriage to a stranger. which can be done but it doesnt usually lead to fulfilment and happiness as we understand it these days
>>
>>18472030
Go on a trip with her. No sex or pressure. If you two can't seriously enjoy each other's company, then ask her if she really sees it going anywhere.
>>
>>18472058

this or even just... you know, meet and hang out before deciding to marry her.

even mormons are actually required to spend a few nights sharing a bed to see if they like each other.
>>
Arranged marriages are actually the best marriages. Just be careful because a 19 yo qt sent to a libertine maoist indoctrination camp like most western universities could go crazy.
>>
>>18472047
>>18472058
>>18472068

The period from tomorrow onwards to whenever engagement was meant so that we could get to know each other. The timing of stuff after that is left to us.

But I'm more concerned with the best ways to spend time with her. Dates to restaurants? Fancy or fast food? Should I invite her out to movies? She is just starting University so I don't want to be too pushy since I know how stressful that period is.

Would giving gifts be acceptable?
>>
>>18472108
Agreed on all points. My biggest fear is that she'll find some douche swagboy and fall in love or feminism will pollute her mind.

All I can do is be better and make her forget all other things without coming off as beta.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.