[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To become wealthy/rich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: t615M.png (860KB, 840x524px) Image search: [Google]
t615M.png
860KB, 840x524px
How can any guy (in his early 20's) with a job, a hs diploma and at least $3.6k saved up, realistically become wealthy ?

Should he become an Accountant, a Financial Consultant maybe even a General Manager, etc before he starts his own business ?

Should he also learn about Investing ?

Maybe he needs to look for friends who also have this goal in mind when he's working/during his college years ?
>>
>>18471745
Learn to be frugal with your money.
>>
File: SI_20170630_141426.jpg (444KB, 3264x3264px) Image search: [Google]
SI_20170630_141426.jpg
444KB, 3264x3264px
First things: Being wealthy does not mean owning flashy cars, clothes, or home. Anyone with a line of credit can get there. Wealthy people have net worth, liquidity, assets. They get there by being good with money. They take $100 and buy something that will either be worth that in 10 years or will be worth more. The only way to turn your 3.6k into huge money in your 20s will be to leverage it (barrow) and make a million risky decisions that no wise man should make. When you watch films like Wolf of Wallstreet, youre watching people steal from others and then leverage that wealth for more. People 50 years ago didnt do this stupid shit, which is why the baby boomer generation is worth so much money; slow, steady, growth.

Or you can create a good or service that is essentual to a lot of people; like Zuckerburg did with facebook. But aside from that, stay out of the markets if you can. Learn about the true value of stuff atound you and make many many many smart buys, work a job, and invest your money in real assets that appreciate, like land.

I make a lot of money in buying older things, because most things depreciate, level off, and theen appreciate. I try to only buy things which have fully depreciated and are about to go up. 10 year old cars, 70 year old furniture, bargains, etc. Then you liquidate after it appreciates and buy land. Slow growth, without risks. Then have cash on hand for another financial meltdown, so you can buy cheap deals.

Pic related, just took it. Im 28. Ive got a lot of nice stuff since 4 years ago when I started. Not wealthy, but on track, without losing it all in markets.
>>
>>18471788
That cat looks expensive
>>
>>18471788
lovely taste
>>
>>18471788
Your post sounded good til you showed you can't even spell borrow properly.
>>
>>18471788

Hit the character max.

As to your other questions.

Friends; friends can be good yes. The problem is, most people who have figured out the system are older and wont give you the time of day. Kids your age in school clubs and the like are all star struck amateures who saw a good movie and want to be good with their money but dont know how. They can be good for creating accoutability, but are otherwise a waste of energy. There are some diamonds out there though, I was lucky to find two friends who had thier heads about them, but I got lucky.

As for what should you do with yourself. I have a finance degree from a good university, and I can tell you I learned more reading books than I learned in my degree, but youll have to have a degree if you want a good salary. If you dont have that salary, you will be living off what you make in investments, which means you cant reinvest that money and grow.

Watch Noam Chomsky in "Requim for the american dream". Torrent it if you have to. He makes very good interpretation of Americas landscape. Everyone is in finance and leveraging, debt debt debt. No one is playing the "real asset" fields anymore, theyre all dying off as your grandparents die off. I think theres big money in staying out of markets and filling this hole. Learn all you can, but dont depend on financing, its a death sentence industry during crashes like 2008. Do something that makes you happy, read books, learn, youll figure it out. Avoid get rich quick schemes, those only exist to make OTHER people rich.
>>
>>18471745
One word: Entrepreneurship. It's the best way to make mad bucks, aside from selling dope.
>>
>>18471745
Sell your body.
>>
>>18471745
Working for someone else: only one source of income
Working for yourself: You have as many sources of income as you have customers, therefor you can make an exponentially higher amount of money.

Look at it this way, working for someone else you're limited to $10-$60/hour
if you work for yourself on the low end that's $10 from one person per hour, or $1 from 10 people per hour. cities have between 100,000 to 300,000 people. if you can reach 1% of that population and your profit from each was only $5 you would have $5000 per month.
>>
>>18471791
I saved his life. So the cost is tuna and litter, which some might consider expensive. ^_^ pic related.

>>18471798
Thanks anon! Its comfortable.

>Your post sounded good til you showed you can't even spell borrow properly

Sue me, Im on an android without spell check. At least the punctuation is good.
>>
File: SI_20170630_144015.jpg (572KB, 4128x4128px) Image search: [Google]
SI_20170630_144015.jpg
572KB, 4128x4128px
>>18471856
Forgot picture.
>>
>>18471820
Isn't it easier to just invest in like a vanguard index fund for like 30 years? Or do you think that you make a lot more gains with real estate and stuff?
>>
File: SI_20170630_143837.jpg (344KB, 3264x3264px) Image search: [Google]
SI_20170630_143837.jpg
344KB, 3264x3264px
>>18471872

I think Real Estate is becoming scarcer and scarcer . People are switching from mutual funds, to index funds, to hedge funds because they need to make more and more and more to be well off in life. Buy investing in the actual things you need in life, and if they are appreciating, then all you really need to buy from that point onward is food and toiletries (is that spelled right ss officer grammar?), and the rest can be reinvested. Then you have liquidity if things go bad, you dont have to wait 30 years for maturity. And if the market fails, even with good diversification, the fund will lose value and take time to recover.

I could be wrong on this, but think I am.
>>
>>18471888

Oh, fuck. I used buy instead of by*. Everything I said was wrong.

Oh well.
>>
File: 1496261939608.png (40KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
1496261939608.png
40KB, 500x541px
>>18471891
>>18471888
It's ok man don't worry about typos or that fag, I appreciate the advice.

Do you have any recommendations for reading about this stuff?
>>
>>18471908

Which stuff in paticular? None of it overlaps in literature unfortunatly, but theres plenty to suggest for each topic.

What you wanna read about?
>>
>>18472254
How about real estate?
>>
>at least $3.6k saved up
so you're nearly broke
>>
>>18471745
Invest in an alt coin and get lucky
>>
Slow and stead wins the race! There is no quick and easy way to get rich. You can dream all day about being an entrepreneur or making a killing on crazy stock market trades. Odds are better that you will get struck by lightning first. There are a million other anons out there trying the exact same thing chasing that fantasy.

- Remember that the only way to get rich is by saving money, not spending. The cheapest people I have ever known are high net worth people worth $10+ million.

- Live as cheaply as possible and save every dime you can. Put aside a little for fun every now and then. But, stop trying to keep up with your peers always buying the latest gadget, expensive cars, vacations, etc... Trust me, expensive things don't make you happy for very long. You will always be chasing the high.

- Try to live at home for as long as possible and save up for a house or duplex. Rent is a big waste of money and should only be done temporarily when absolutely necessary.

- Get into a field with future job security and a history of decent pay. Always put in an effort above and beyond your peers at work and always seek advancement. Learn how to sell yourself (as an asset) and never stop looking for a better or higher paying job.

- Invest your savings wisely - hard commodities are good right now and real estate will be after the upcoming crash. Stable and guaranteed mutual funds will be good buys after the upcoming crash. Save as much cash as you can now and be ready for some fire sales! You are young so the power of compounding interest is on your side.

Those are my random little tidbits that will help if you take the time to think about it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.