[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting over an ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: th.jpg (11KB, 222x281px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 222x281px
My relationship ended two days ago. We had a long distance relationship since my partner is from the UK and i was in california at the time. We met while he was in california visiting and a year after I met him we decided to give it a try. We visited each other a few times, so it wasnt as bad. The thing is, the break up was extremely simple and i havent gotten a sense of closure. I told him I didnt feel I was getting the love and support I needed and I think I wanted to break up. He said I was right and wished me a good life. Part of me was expecting he would want to make it work, but that wasnt the case. Anyways, im aware im a heavily dependent person and I usually get my happiness from others, which Im in the process of fixing. Any thoughts or advice on how to make that process easier? What can I do to stop being such a needy partner in the future?
>>
>>18471321
>The thing is, the break up was extremely simple and i havent gotten a sense of closure

Anon please please please don't go searching for that closure. You've already received it. It just isn't the closure you wanted but searching for the closure you want will not give it to you, only send you into further peril about how things have gone / went. First thing you need to do here is accept it for what it is. This is very important and still very hard. You know the situation. It is what it is. Learn to live with it otherwise there is no starting the next step.

>I told him I didnt feel I was getting the love and support I needed and I think I wanted to break up.
The bluff failed. Overlook it as valid reasons as to why it did.

>I usually get my happiness from others
Time you change this. The value you placed into this person now place into yourself. Invest your time, thoughts and emotions into your own self. Look to find a hobby. Even if it's the worse hobby ever the only important thing is you enjoy it and expand yourself into bettering it. You'll only find your passions through trialing.

>Any thoughts or advice on how to make that process easier
There is no quick fix to this one. The best steps don't make the process easier. Just makes the final product better / healthier.

>What can I do to stop being such a needy partner in the future?
My girlfriend outside of our relationship she's a very strong minded independent person but inside our relationship she is extremely needy and to be honest I absolutely love it. I'm just honest when I'm too busy to satisfy her neediness and she lives fine with that too. Don't get hung up on needing to fix something about yourself. Don't get hung up on needing to fix something that isn't broke.

This guy just wasn't the one for you. It is what it is. You've been rejected by person A, possibly will be by person B, C, D & E or alternatively you'll reject them and it'll all suck but it is what it is.
>>
>>18471340

Thank you, this helped a lot. I will give it some time, and im sure i will be fine again, Its been a long time since I was happy last, and this relationship ending might be a new opportunity to find a sense of purpose. Im starting college this fall so I have that to look forward to.
>>
>>18471353
It's the best way to look at it and pleased I could help.

One thing you need to realize though is that you're going to be very much on a roller coaster with this. You're going to go down and up in how you feel. When you're feeling rough you need to remember it's just part of the "ride" and reassure yourself that you'll hit the up again and so forth until you're off of the ride altogether.

Just remember to apply logic where you can and don't be frustrated when emotions to wish to comply with it as emotions are often unreasonable.

Anyway best of luck anon and hopefully you'll look back on all of this as a good learning experience.

You will get through this. It just takes time. Sometimes a lot of time but don't forget to make the most of the time given to you to learn as much as possible. Apply optimism rather than pessimism even if you're naturally inclined to be pessimistic.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.