[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Postgraduate Degree advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Grassfrog.jpg (164KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Grassfrog.jpg
164KB, 1280x960px
Hi /adv/,

I think I found a postgraduate degree that will offer me good career change potential, but it's difficult to find out online as it's a little niche. My friends don't enjoy discussing careers and my parents both left school at 15, so they have confessed that they don't understand the benefits of Master degrees.. So I'd really appreciate your opinions guys :/

Current situation:
Business Studies and Japanese language graduate, 5 years marketing work experience in Panasonic Corp. I wanted a career in Operations Management but fresh graduates can't be choosers these days. 0% chance of career progression.

Master degree I've chosen:
Maritime Policy and Shipping Management at a Russel Group university.

I'm really nervous about making the wrong decision and losing a year of pay chasing a non forthcoming career, especially because nobody in my family has even been to university before, so I'm under a lot of pressure.
With that Msc I was thinking I could work in logistics with shipping firms, or potentially go into Maritime law if I feel I have the aptitude.

Any thoughts guys?

tl;dr: does an Msc in Maritime Policy and Shipping Management offer good career potential?
>>
>>18471309
If I have to say, go for it. It'll only benefit you, assuming you can afford it then any Master degree will net you a better resume and career prospect.
As example at one company I was working with, they only wanted a guy with a master degree (any degree) OR 10 years of experiences on the company/filed for their managers and higher.

As for career prospect the maritime I think it is a niche that'll not go away in near foreseeable future, but you've to remember that working at maritime environment is a whole lot different world than in Panasonic corp marketing, it might be not a suitable place for you for one of other reason.

If you could, ask the one who already got that degree and find out what they're doing now for living, see if it suits you.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.