[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >24 >still in college >comm studies >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

>be me
>24
>still in college
>comm studies
>don't have a clue what I want to do afterwards

How do you figure out what you want to do / become in life? How do you go about understanding what your strengths and weaknesses are? I hate to say it but I really do envy people that have this stuff figured out at an early age because it helps so much. I'm tired of hearing people tell me "go out and just try different things". I've been doing numerous things all my life and nothing has really ever "clicked".

I think some people are just fucked in really knowing what they're good and bad at doing in life...

Thoughts?
>>
>>18470620
Talk to a college counselor. Literally a free resource
>>
>>18470632
I've done that before and it didn't really get me anywhere...
>>
>>18470620
Join the army
take the highest skilled mo they offer you
fast forward 20 years
retire with pension at 44
>>
>>18470672
Do it again and tell the counselor all your troubles
>>
>>18470677
Yeah lately I have been thinking about joining the Air Force or Navy but that would be a huge commitment.
>>
File: dosh.jpg (105KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
dosh.jpg
105KB, 288x499px
>>18470696
a bigger commitment than spending $40,000 and 4 years of your life getting a degree you don't want and can't do anything with?
>>
>>18470708
you just pulled that number out of your ass
>>
>>18470708
I technically have an Associate's Degree in Information Technology and I figured getting a Bachelor's would be a wise thing too. Comm Studies isn't that bad of a degree to choose. There are plenty of opportunities in pr related areas.
>>
>>18470714
No I just live in California and don't get federal aid
>>
>>18470715
Wait, are you worried or not worried?
>>
>>18470722
Yeah, I'm still worried...
>>
>>18470727
I don't know bruh

you sounded pretty confident when i challenged you

you could use a Com degree in the military too
but
they'd pay for it [spoiler]unless you already have it[/spoiler]
>>
>>18470730
I would go into the military to learn basic skill fundamentals like forming good habits, gaining more discipline, etc.

Once, I get done with my time serving, hopefully I'd have a skill set to carry me over into the civilian world.
>>
>>18470737
military doesn't teach you shit unless you make it

if you go in
>to learn basic skill fundamentals like forming good habits, gaining more discipline, etc.
and don't come out knowing anything other than how to shoot a rifle then you're fucked
>>
>>18470744
How do you make it then?
>>
What are your hobbies and/or interests? Can they be turned into a possible career choice?
>>
>>18470755
I'm two years away from a bachelors of science in chemistry with a minor in math and teaching high school

I am currently watching my brother fuck up his entire life by joining the infantry

go to
>>>/k/
if you really want the scoop on what to do
>>
>>18470757
I don't really know to be honest...

A lot of stuff doesn't excite me much anymore like it used to. Stuff I usually do a lot is vidya, movies, music, and workout.
>>
>>18470760
>infantry

why do you consider that fucking up?
>>
>>18470769
because he doesn't know anything other than how to shoot a mortar so when he gets out in 4 years the only thing he's got is 4 years of his life gone
it gave him no skills
it didn't prepare him for the workplace in any way shape or form
>>
>>18470772
some people are just fucked in life...
>>
>>18470772
I dunno shit about the military but I thought the career possibilities were endless? Like you can do structural/vehicle maintenance, military police etc.? I've heard you can even be an ATC (air traffic controller).
>>
>>18470786
>/vehicle maintenance
you man a mechanic?

he didn't do that route
he didn't learn how to take apart a jet engine and put it back together

he learned how to wake up early
load into a Humvee
shoot a mortar cannon
and get back into a Humvee
and go back to his base to wake up and repeat
>>
>>18470757
are some people just fucked in not knowing what they're good at in life because I feel like that's me...
>>
>>18470620
You dont...most people kind of just fall into jobs and stick with the ones that pay the most.

If youre a guy you can basically go a few routes.

Highest probability of getting hired...getting good pay.
>trade.
Millwright
Electrician
Fire Control

Healthcare
Take your pic

Starting your own business in anything. Choose what you want.
Go work for a couple or a few businesses as experience. See how the show is run. Then just take out a loan and go for it.
>>
>>18470696
Yeah join the army when there are so many problems in the world...hey you get lots of money and school...

Oh shit there is a war. Go die now.
>>
>>18471806
Yeah I don't know blue collar work doesn't seem appealing at all to me especially since I come from a middle-upper class family...
>>
You're college probably administers the Myers Briggs test, and if not then you can search elsewhere, but it's an extensive paid test that evaluates what kind of interests can be utilized for life and more. You can probably find it for free but having someone else look over it and administer it for you would be best depending on how lost you are
>>
>>18471818
lots of money?
>>
>>18470620
join the air force or navy, they love communication people.
>>
>>18471818
Ignorant fuckstick, do you know how many non combat positions are in every military branch? Do you know how little fighting we actually do?
>>
>>18471823

Pussy
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.