[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fiancee keeps mentioning her grandad dying. Her grandad is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1497961922434.gif (776KB, 330x234px) Image search: [Google]
1497961922434.gif
776KB, 330x234px
My fiancee keeps mentioning her grandad dying.

Her grandad is a close to the end and she gets quite a bit of money when he passes and she's mentioned this quite a few times. I don't think she'd ever do anything, she is a very sweet and timid girl, and she doesn't talk about it constantly. Whenever we talk about potential financial issues we may have during or immediately after our time in uni or even when she's just talking about him it gets brought up. She's very kind, but I find something uncomfortable and ghoulish about it. Am I being unreasonable and this is a normal thing that she is doing? Should we discuss it? I've mentioned that its weird before and she just kinda laughs it off, blushes and says she knows its sounds bad. I just want a second opinion on the whole thing, I guess I'm mostly worried that its a red flag on her personality.
>>
Death is a part of life. Everyone's show comes to an end eventually. She seems to be more mature about death. Read the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying and you will become more mature about death.
>>
>>18470554
She obviously isn't close to her grandad or she would be more concerned about losing him. However, my mother always told me to never count your chickens before they've hatched. The reality is, she could die beforre him and never see a dime of the money.
>>
>>18470593
>>18470587

Maybe you're both right. She does seem to really care for him, she gets pretty upset when she has bad days. And I refuse to talk about it at all. But I still can't help but feel like it's wrong to even discuss.
>>
>>18470621
Didn't mean to link out of thread, typo.

I meant >>18470578
>>
as someone who has lost a brother and mother with 4 months of each other; and a father figure and a brother within a few months of each other prior. it sucks knowing someone is going to die, but it's also a bit of a coping mechanism because you know that you're going to inherit some money.

i only inherited a bit of money from my mother but at the time it's a game changer, i dont use it but its nice knowing i have a nest egg while im trying to start my career. its kind of like what would you do if you won the lottery scenario. she feels bad and guilty but it's also just looking at life and you live meagerly for so long just imagine what you could do with an extra 5-10k or ever 100k. its a little devilish but hell i still imagine what i will inherit from my aunt and step father when they die because let's be honest times are tough and we all want something more
>>
>>18470739
i should add, my aunt is my mother figure, she raised me from day one. i would be completely devastated if she were to pass but its also just looking at life logically, she's older and has health conditions. i know what i'll inherit cause im the sole inheritor and i joke with her when she kicks the bucket i'm taking a long ass vacation on her dime. she laughs and says go for it. in truth i'd probably wouldn't make it out of bed for a few weeks to months but she'd want me to go on and make the best of my life.
>>
>>18470748
Thanks
>>
I'm getting the house when my dad dies.

I don't want him to die, but I'm already planning on what to do with it.

It's not ghoulish, it's practical.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.