[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social anxiety thread? Social anxiety thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1474053507418.png (162KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474053507418.png
162KB, 543x600px
Need some advice on how some of y'all got over it. I've been depressed/anxious/paranoid/everything above ever since I could remember. I couldn't make friends or even have a good time. Never been invited to a party on account of how boring I am and I learned to live with the idea that "I'm happy when I'm alone," but I know it's not true. I want to be out with friends, party, and get those "hey man wanna come to blah blah blah" texts. I've been trying to fight the social anxiety all my life without any success. Recently I got onto antidepressants in hopes that it would help, after a month and a half on them I feel no different. I finally made a friend in my third year of college that invites me out to social events. I'm fine hanging around him but when there are others around I get all tense and become the quite one in the group. This last time we hung out I decided to get a little tipsy and found out that it worked very well. I don't want to have to get drunk to be happy, but I feel like it's the only way. I feel like my real self is hiding and alcohol is the only thing that makes it come out. How have you guys fixed your social anxiety? And if anyone wants to vent go for it, I'll be here to talk to you.
>>
File: EPFw2Fk.jpg (1011KB, 900x1127px) Image search: [Google]
EPFw2Fk.jpg
1011KB, 900x1127px
Bumping for mutual interest.

>tfw want to get help for anxiety but too anxious to ask again for the fourth time
I thought breaking down in tears would be enough the last time.
>>
>>18470492
just bee yourself
>>
>>18470492
H-hey *voice crack*. I'm going to give you some tips. You don't have to listen to a word I say, but first off, I want you to know that you are literally a spiritual being. Okay? You are quite literally a God. I'm not joking. Believe me or not, I really don't give a fuck. But I do care enough to type this out, so just trust me on this one. If you don't believe that you are a spiritual being, then you are literally a fucking dead zombie.

Okay. Some tips to help you. Antidepressants? Get off that shit ASAP. What the hell is wrong with you. Do you know how dangerous that shit is. Never never never take them. But you've stopped so it's all good. Where was I? Oh, tips, right. Okay. What is a conversation? It's literally just different aspects of God communicating.

Think long and hard about the fact that we can fucking talk man. Everybody has their own thoughts, their own perspectives, their own jokes, their own misery. Everyone is unique as fuck. You might think you're a pathetic loser, but that's because you are. But all things change. All thing change. You will change, because of me. Well, that's the plan.

Back to conversations. They can be boring, or awkward, but they're pretty fucking cool. Imagine not having bodies. Imagine just being spirits. Imagine no one can see you. It's just your voice. It's just voices. It's just aspects of God. All creating ideas, and voicing opinions and thoughts.

You want to know why you need booze to start talking? It's because booze lets you be yourself. You think you're a boring creep, but you're not. You're probably pretty fucking funny actually. When you're stuck in your head, you don't say anything because you're afraid of being yourself. You're afraid of letting your divine spark shine. You're afraid of letting your thoughts flow. "B-but what if my joke isn't funny?" Listen here moron, if you didn't think your joke was funny, you wouldn't be thinking about telling it. Let your thoughts flow. It's that simple. Live.
>>
>>18470534
I've stopped asking for help from people that I personally know. None of them know the struggle of trying to get over it. It's like I know exactly what I have to do, I know the exact reasons why I have social anxiety, I just can't get over them no matter how hard I try.

>>18470615
Nigga that's what I've been trying to do, but it's not as simple as that, for me at least.

>>18470616
This oddly made me feel a little better. I've been trying to come at it with a "just be yourself" mindset but I might just need a different approach. When I'm drunk I don't give a shit about what people think, I feel, like you said, like a God. Thanks man, I'm gonna screenshot your message and read it whenever I feel my anxiety getting to me.
>>
>>18470492
>I finally made a friend in my third year of college that invites me out to social events. I'm fine hanging around him but when there are others around I get all tense and become the quite one in the group.

Well, seems like you're already on the right path by finding a friend who are comfortable with.
You only need to get accustomed to the other guys, and you can only do it by practice. Keep hanging out with him and them, and you will succeed. In the meantime there's nothing bad in being "the quiet one", as long as you aren't the "sperg one".
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.