[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one forgive themselves for all their past mistakes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1498703134913.jpg (36KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
1498703134913.jpg
36KB, 628x314px
How does one forgive themselves for all their past mistakes, failures and misdeeds? When they've made decisions that have hurt others and had present day repercussions? How do you be happy with yourself when you've violated your own moral code and made you question your own identity?

How do you love yourself when you've injected hate into the world?
>>
I suppose by learning from your mistakes and atoning, and by realizing that if you can do that, and actually let this make your values grow stronger, you're probably being a better person than most people are.

I really feel this though. I led on my first bf cause he was in love with me, without having feelings for him. Eventually I dumped him cause I knew I was doing wrong. broke his heart, I guess. Since then I've felt like I would never want to do that to anyone so I'm very particular about who I get involved with, but what I did to him keeps happening to me... It's poetic justice, but if I don't stay strong and continue to try to be the sort of person I'd want to associate with, I think my chances of eventually being with others with my own values would go way down.
>>
I genocided an entire race but I forgave myself for it
>>
How do you cope when your self hatred is unfounded and irrational but it persists anyway?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.