[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't get on the right mindset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: circulo de.jpg (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
circulo de.jpg
1MB, 1280x720px
I feel like most people I'm surrounded with are not ideal to compare myself with, I want to actually sit down and make progress with programming and computer science in general, in fact that's the carreer I've chosen in my local university (although I am in the first year), but I get too distracted with internet and videogames, my parents are annoying as fuck and get genuenly angry and offended at me for not doing things that only favor me, I want to be independent and am currently searching for a job in this fucking excuse of a country run by assholes who only think about their profit and not the general welfare (no solution to that as it is the most common mentality to have here). I don't doubt of my potential as I have a great capacity to learn, I (as many others here, I know) taught myself english, but I have recognized my problem, I am not having the correct mindset.

What is your opinion as to what mindset I should try to achieve?
>>
>>18470378
Try mindfulness meditation. Stop trying to control and judge everything.
>>
>>18470393
That actually sounds like great advise, how can I practice mindfulness meditation?
>>
>>18470414
Google it.
>>
File: 1471147880250.jpg (64KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1471147880250.jpg
64KB, 500x628px
>>18470414
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:46F20E647E59D51A82B781BAF4472578623D1F75&dn=Headspace%20v2%20%28Complete%20-%20December%202015%29&tr=http%3a%2f%2fmgtracker.org%3a6881%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce
headspace , try it
>>
>>18470444 >>18470393
Op here, so do you guys think I'm actually stressed? never considered that, maybe I'm retarded or some shit
>>
>>18470448
Don't label yourself.
Work with well defined problems.
Like "I react this way (get mad or feeling lazy or whatever) to this situation. Why and how could I change it?"
>>
>>18470437
best advice I've ever seen on 4chan
>>
tl;dr I'm a special snowflake who spends all days playing videogames and browsing internet, yet deep down I know I am better than everyone else. I hate my parents who give me money for doing nothing because they want me to participate in our family lives, and also why no one hires me and give me lots of money just because I tell them I'm so great, but have nothing to prove it. Their companies should suffer losses just because I want my own money for videogames.

Your problem is you, buddy. Don't overthink it, start doing what you want to do instead of obsessing on how much you want to start doing it. Your potential means shit, your actual achievements matter.
>>
>>18470557
Went through a phase just like this and at the time felt like it was going to consume my life and came here to post this, op.
>>
>>18470557
Why is there always somebody screwing up a perfectly good rant by speaking the truth?
>>
Can we start with a discussion on this. This is a problem I've heard repeated for years on this site. Solutions? Causes?

Not op, btw
>>
>>18470557
they don't give me money lol
>>
>>18470988
They spend it taking care of your dumb unappreciative ass.
>>
copy and paste your post, find 2 hours in your day to spent alone without any stimulation and then read your post again. I feel like a dick saying this but you sound like a child, I think you just need to chill out for a bit
>>
>>18471363
op here, amazing how many people impersonate, can't see the fun in doing it. yeah, the post was pretty retarded of me, I think I needed to vent a little, and what better place than one where you can do it completly anonymously. I don't think you are a dick, I appreciate the fact that you didn't treat me as a pussy
>>
>>18470557
op here again, thanks for giving me a non spiritual bs advice, I appretiate it, things are looking up as it's likely that I will land a job in the near future
>>
>>18470557
you did assume a lot of things in your little rant tho, I do know I am not great and believe me I am not very selective as to what job interviews I go to, as I went to a lot of telemarketing ones, believe it or not they didn't fucking recognize my greatness and absolute power
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.