[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you respond when women ask you why you carry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Beretta92G.jpg (42KB, 840x592px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta92G.jpg
42KB, 840x592px
It's been a long time since I've dated and I've been working my way back into the game.

I started everyday carry about nine years ago now. I lived and worked on the US/Mexico border and while I didn't grow up around handguns much it became apparent pretty quickly as the situation down there deteriorated that by not carrying things would sooner or later end badly for me.

I've since moved several states north and most people around here haven't lived that life or seen the things I had to. So when it comes up, as it eventually does (I carry pic related or a Sig P226 with an extra mag in a single double stack leather blackhawk mag carrier) how to respond has proven tricky.

Explaining the past doesn't go over well.

If you EDC how do you explain to someone you are interested in why you do what you do without getting to edgy and turning them off?

Any stories or anecdotes are helpful.
>>
>asked why he carries
>can't come up with a reason
>asks other people to explain to him why he does thing
how the fuck am I supposed to know? I have a few theories though.

1. you have some kind of autism and need to follow a set routine, even when those routine actions are detrimental
2. you're afraid of being raped
3. you're secretly hoping someone will attack you so you get to legally murder (bonus points if they're black)
4. you're compensating for something
>>
>>18470405
Don't listen to this Anon. This time its "First reply is a faggot" instead of "OP is a faggot".

I say it's because there's so many shootings. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
>>
>>18470405
hey look, a libshit. he literally said why he carries. he's asking how to answer that to people that don't have the same experiences and who live in a largely anti gun culture
>>
>>18470417
I never said I had anything against guns

but if someone can't explain why they're carrying then something's wrong
>>
>>18470405
Must be a 1st world country fag
>>
>>18470421
>Explaining the past doesn't go over well.
read the OP again. he's asking how to tell a date why he carries without going into a past that isn't pleasant conversation.
>>
>>18470426
why not just say "I've lived in some dangerous areas, so I like to be able to protect myself and my friends" and leave it at that

no need to launch into some huge story
>>
>>18470405
This. If you have to ask how to respond to a person asking a stupid question you shouldn't be carrying. Anyone arguing this is just stirring the pot.
>>
For defense. Why else does anyone carry?
>>
Tell them you had to deal with your crazy ex somehow
>>
Because I have something worth protecting.
>>
>>18470463
to do gun violence on people?
>>
>>18470463
in the hopes that someone will attack you so you can shoot them and be a hero
>>
File: 1387864620953.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1387864620953.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>18470372

>If you EDC how do you explain to someone you are interested in why you do what you do without getting to edgy and turning them off?

I carry mostly every day and I never have an issue with it. If you're a reasonable person with semi-developed social skills you typically won't have a problem either. If you come off as creepy, weird or insane women will immediately become terrified of you.
>>
>>18470372
Tell them you carry because if every good human killed an evil human there would be no more evil humans.
>>
>>18470413
This depends highly on where you live and how much you larp
>>
>>18470372
more and more women carry now too OP so I don't see this an issue. They do it for the same reason you do, protection.
>>
Simply that you prefer to take responsibility for your own life and dont want to be passive in any bad situations. Kind of like why you keep a tool and first kit at home or in your car

You many and indeed hope that you will never have to use it but if you only need it one time in your entire life it would justify carrying it for all the time before then.
>>
>>18470372
Tell her that you're a psychopath, that you love killing people and that she's next.

It always works for me, especially if we're alone at her house.
>>
>>18470372
id say to protect myself and why not when i have the freedom to do so. I dont have a gun yet, but i always carry a folding knife with me all the time
>>
>>18470405
found the liberal nogunz

>>18470372
I would just say you grew up in a rough area and had to be able to protect yourself and the ones you love and that feeling of needing to be able to protect people hasn't gone away
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.