[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to admit to a doctor you've been self medicating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1498690992001.jpg (306KB, 1280x866px) Image search: [Google]
1498690992001.jpg
306KB, 1280x866px
I have no family doctor , onky walk in clinics and referalls to a psych. 6 months ago I had my prescription for adderal axed for "abuse"

I've had chronic fatigue since I was 16 and staying awake and concentrating has been difficult - as in I'd fall asleep at school and work during breaks and class regularly.

Because I've been without adderal I've been ordering modafinil online to remain functional and present as the only other option would be nothing and struggling everyday.

Should I be honest or is that a big no no? I'm not sure what to do. I'm not a junkie looking to get high , but doctors treat me that way.

I'm going in about blood tests related to the fatigue. It just feels like I'm being stonewalled by a Byzantine system that is punishing me for taking what made me functional for the first time in years. I know how they see it but it doesn't make it any less frustrating on my part.

Where do I go from here?
>>
>>18470204

just be transparent, no one should hate you for it.
>>
Hopefully they should take you more seriously if you need to self medicate to stay awake. If you can't stay awake otherwise, it should be a sign to the doctor that something is very wrong and needs attention.

I don't know if you were referring to chronic fatigue syndrome or just the symptom of fatigue, but it sounds more like you might have a sleep disorder or something other than CFS. I'm not a doctor, but you might ask about that. If you can find out what you have, you'll be given the proper medication. You might also consider taking one semester off of school to go to doctors until they can figure it out.
>>
>>18470204
get a referral to a different psych? maybe its depression and speed only masked the disease during the euphoric initial doses so you ended up abusing it? maybe ask for both adderall and and anti-depressant?
>>
>>18470204
Do not admit to drug use to your doctor it will just fuck you down the line.
>>
>>18470288
>Hopefully they should take you more seriously if you need to self medicate to stay awake

This was my intention. Similar to OP, I told my doc I was taking ephedrine (you can get it over the counter as bronkaid) to stay awake. It helped so much that I was wondering if she could give me an alternative. She said "I'm not giving you adderal". Tested me for anemia, fixed my anemia, but still had the fatigue/sleepiness. She recently refereed me to an ADHD center.

So overall it kind of worked? If they don't know about your past "abuse" its fine. If its the same people they will just think you're abusing more. Really really depends on the doctor.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.