[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1402727648933.png (259KB, 410x349px) Image search: [Google]
1402727648933.png
259KB, 410x349px
Hey /adv/,
I have been struggling with depression my whole life, but after a series of tragic accidents that crippled me and stuff, I have been more depressed than ever. Every morning I wake up feeling sick, and all day all I can do is sit around and feel horrible, as nothing else is fun anymore, and I can't get satisfaction from anything. I got kicked out of college for not doing my work, my girlfriend (who lives with me) doesn't deserve to be with a depressed wad, you've heard it all before. I have tried medication and therapy, but both had horrible results. I have tried smoking pot, and it can help, but I can't really afford to walk around stoned all the time, nor can I afford all that pot.

What should I do?
tl;dr; sad
>>
>>18469954

I can't tell you what you should do, but I can tell you what worked for me. I got a job. Not a fun or easy job but one which took up all my time, physical, and mental energy. It paid well and I was able to confidently say that I was being successful because I had earned money. Pretty materialistic but hey it worked. It honestly can't hurt you as it helps future resumes and money is basically essential for everything anyway.
>>
>>18469954
I'm depressed too. Right now on 3 antidepressants, they're doing a bit but not very much.

I relate. The world feels surreal, and while the antidepressant help me from the most violent of the horrible feelings, I still can't find any way to be too excited or satisfied about anything. Monotony monotony monotony, right?

First thing is to keep a stiff upper lip and think hard and very, very long before considering suicide. I think it can be an appropriate option given the circumstance, but definitely don't do it on a whim.

Find things that resonate with you and your current emotions, is the only thing I can say. Music, art, literature, blogs, games, whatever. Let yourself get lost in it. (That doesn't mean they're necessarily fun or that they make you feel good -- they might make you feel worse, but you can't fight the bad emotions forever. Let it run through you and it'll eventually subside a little.) Shout along to a sad song, cry if you have to, spend the entire day in bed watching death videos if that's your thing.

Also pick up an expressive hobby. Drawing, writing, singing, playing an instrument, fucking woodcarving, whatever appeals to you whatsoever. Start practicing and expressing yourself. Don't worry about it being good or presentable, worry about getting your emotions out however you can. If thats by slamming a marker into a piece of printer paper until it's broken, do it.

Do whatever you can to keep going.

Talk about it. Your girlfriend cares, and you deserve her.

I'm rooting for you, anon. Let's keep going together.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.