[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want to be a basement dweller anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: pepe.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
Wall of text inc. I'm 23,male, morbidly obese, college student that never leaves my parents house. I was always shut in, and I spent all of my time online. When I was young, if I had a free moment, I was on some computer. I never went out, I never kept any friends, I never dated anyone, never held a job. I would get panic attacks in social situations when I was young so I tried to avoid them. My parents coddled and spoiled me.

I'm 2 years into a CS degree, despite living on campus I still have no friends. I don't have a driving license because I never go anywhere. Parties and drunks make me uncomfortable so I never went to those. I just kept doing what I did when I was younger.

I don't want to be like this anymore. I'd like to eventually marry and raise a family, not be a grounded land whale leeching off my parents for 40 years. I tried out Tinder and discovered a few things. First is that because I spent my entire life online, I never done most of the normie things people say they like. Literally no one out there has anything in common with me. Second, I look gross. Extremely overweight, poor style, poor hygiene and I have almost no good pictures of myself because I never leave my house. No social skills also don't help.

I started making some changes. Started dieting for a few months now. Went from 335 to 300 in 2.5 months. That's good but it's still fat as fuck. Applied for some summer internships in my major and didn't get any of them. Got my drivers permit but haven't been practicing. Outside of the diet, its been mostly the same of what I did my whole life. Stay inside, talk to no one, just play video games all day. It feels like I'm wasting away my younger years but I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18469721
>this describes me minus the tinder part and the overweight part. I'm actually quite good looking. 7/10 if I can be bothered.
>>
It's a bit late for me and I'm sure that an anon will hit you up with a more detailed message but, along with the diet which is great since you have that in check, you should get a gym membership and also lift while you lose weight, you can ask an instructor on the first day and they will show you around, once you stop losing weight you can focus on gaining weight again but in muscle, but that is for the future.
Now on the other part, people like you and me still need to go out to find people like us, so please join any society/club that hold great interest in you like video games or some autistic hobby, because you will find like minded people who you will probably enjoy spending time more rather than the footy lads.
If you want to spend more time out of your room you can do it also alone in the beginning while you are on your quest of finding friends, I'd recommend a public comfy public place like a caffe where you order something and sit for about an hour reading a book, maybe this time something more appealing to the general people, someone might start a conversation with you based on it. If not you already had a little exchange with a waitress which is a plus on that day anyway.
CS autismo here working on myself too, good luck.
>>
>>18469764

I was thinking about going to the gym. There is one close by but the smallest membership they sell is 3 months and I'm going back to school in 1 month. The school has a gym though, I might use that more.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.