[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My stray neighbor's guilt trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I live in a quiet neighborhood of about 200 units, my downstairs neighbors were redoing their windows when I happened to be working nights that week. They were polite enough to let me know in advance that they would be creating a lot of noise for that day. I mistakenly thought this other person that was hanging around them was related to them. She is the subject of this, I assume someone in her late 50s, at least 20 years older than me.

She ran into me at a Starbucks one time and ever since then has been posting hand written notes on my door, asking about what I do, asking me about my photography. She would occasionally ring my doorbell and walk off after only a few minutes before I even have a chance to see who was there. She eventually left her phone number in one of these notes and I just texted her hoping I would just have to occasionally deal with the one off text once in a while, I still have the option of blocking her, I just don't want to be a dick to one of my neighbors.

She recently sends me this text saying that she's stuck at her sister's place several hundred miles from where I live. She has no money, behind on her bills, behind on her mortgage, lives off charity of others. She is asking me I could spare the time to pick her up TONIGHT, which would take me over 6 hours driving (one way), in this long text about how destitute she is. A self proclaimed "stray, barely hanging on by a thread". I barely know her and I'm tempted to flat out ignore this text.

I'm a piece of shit that almost never interacts with anyone outside the occasional anime convention, family gathering and work. I have no real enemies and I want to keep it this way, I just have this obvious feeling that someone is trying to take advantage of me through guilt.
>>
>please spend at least 13 hours and fifty dollars of fuel doing a service for me
>by the way there is no way I can compensate you asides from prostituting myself
>which will not happen
Tell her to get shit on
>>
>>18469520
do it for the experience anon, sounds like you dont get out much. could be fun
>>
Dont even respond. Like literally what the FUCK? You dont even know her. Shes just some bum ass bitch who thinks everyone should handle her problems for her. Shes a shitty human being and burned all her bridges in life so shes now so desperate to find new hosts to be a parasite off of that she is texting strangers with her bullshit. Let her fail. Not everyone deserves saving. Her destiny is to be a bag lady.

I wouldnt even drive that far for my best friend unless i was getting compensated massively. Even then it would be seen as me doing a huge favor. So yeah, refusing to be captain bitch boy for some old washed up hag is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>18469520
I wouldn't do it. These types tend to be leeches. Always looking for something and always have a sob story. They can be master manipulators and make good hearted people feel awful. There are other options she has but has probably used up her favors with family and friends long ago. Stay away.
>>
>>18469520
I'd rather just buy her a greyhound ticket instead of drive all that time.
>>
>>18469520
Don't do it. It's not appropriate for her to ask. You will never get rid of her if you don't say no.

How do you think someone ends up stranded 6 hours away?
>>
Also just wanted to add, if she tries to con you into feeling bad, just tell her you dont even really know her and that you have enough stuff on your plate to deal with - so dealing with HER problems is out of the question.

How did she get "stuck" 7 hours away? She obviously got there somehow. She clearly makes terrible life choices if shes drowning in debt, and manages to "get stuck" in another fucking state and is reliant on total strangers to rescue her because 'woe is me :('.

Bitch needs to fuck off and get sick and die. A complete 100% parasite on society. In europe they call them gypsies.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.