[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do so many people get pregnant accidentally?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: preg.jpg (34KB, 634x391px) Image search: [Google]
preg.jpg
34KB, 634x391px
If this has happened to you, please explain. I don't understand how it happens to so many people. Just use birth control right?
>>
>>18469414
A lot religious people don't believe in contraception, but it's not solely them.

There's horny teens too stupid to realise that "just this once" is all it takes sometimes

Or maybe a drunk couple who have the same thinking

Really it's not a surprising statistic at all. People are dumb, welcome to the world.
>>
>>18469414
Every time i reccomend condoms to anons here, i get sort of attacked for it. This is how.

You go to potential date situation, dont bring protection, then it gets hot and you just pit it in without thinking.

Also a lot of girls get pregnant by "accident". Not many boys are willing to sire children. Luckily pill can fail unintentionally and also can be easily sabotaged.

Oh and majority of people stop using brain after they are out of school (some never used it at all even at achool).
>>
>>18469414
Most forms of birth control are only like 98% effective, even when used correctly. The average person has sex something like 1600 times, although I assume on 4chan that's much, much lower.

That accounts for about half, the other half come from people who don't believe in contraception and shit like that.
>>
Generally a "oh, it's just one time, what are the chances?" attitude combined with birth control not being used properly.
>>
>>18469414
I'm sure a lot of the "intended" lied.
And in some cases, only one person was trying to get a pregnancy out of the sexual intercourse.
>>
well, my fucking condom broke
>>
>>18469587
>98%
Yeah that's typical use not perfect use, ie for the ones which rely on human behaviour (esp the pill).
This makes me wonder also why so many women use the pill rather than the implant etc? Like seriously why risk forgetting it, which the stats show women do. Implant is essentially 100% effective.
>>
>>18469414
Is this in the US? If so, it's because they don't teach sex ed at all/or well, sometimes due to religious people preaching absinence
>>
>>18470824
Implants and IUDs can sometimes cause issues. My gf got a new IUD and it caused her to bleed for a crazy amount of time. She's definitely not the only one who's had a negative outcome from it.
>>
>>18470834
No it's uk stats. I find it even more bizarre that it's like that here, wherein we're not religious nuts and birth control is free.
>>
the pill, implant, shot, the patch and even the ring are all the same thing but different formats. none are 100% effective.
the most effective would be combining one of these with a condom, for instance.
although I believe a birth control for men would be much more efficient, but it seems it's better to make the woman wholeheartedly responsible for it. sigh.
>>
>>18470837
Yeah IUDs are a nightmare, don't know any women who've had them without problems.

That's why I said the implant, it's the same hormones as the pill just you don't need to remember to take it. It's clearly superior.
>>
>>18470845
The thing is, correctly inserted implants and IUDs are 100% effective. The only time they'd fail is if they've been made faulty or inserted faultily.

They prevent the release of ova and make cervical mucus too thick.

As a woman you can tell if the hormones are in there (plus they do factory quality control tests).
>>
>>18469426
This but I'll rank them for you;
#1 stupidity: teens and adults thinking just this once won't matter, what are the odds?
#2: drunk and stupid: which is really part of number 1. I get drunk, do drugs or whatever and act stupid.
#3: improper use of birth control. Really an extension of number 1. I don't take the pill regularly, I reuse the condom to fuck again, it slips off, it breaks, I pulled out too late, the list is endless.
#4. Birth control doesn't work. No birth control is 100%. There is a chance be it small you can get pregnant.
#5 Some religious groups do not condone the use of contraceptives and only use natural methods.
#6. Some idiots don't believe in polluting their bodies with man made drugs.

There you have it. Stupidity is #1
>>
>>18469414
I told my brothers girlfriend his birth father is a rich indian from the rez and he drives a bently. Three weeks later she ''accidentally'' got pregnant. LOL.
>>
both men and women hate condoms, if theres the slighest chance to find an excuse not to use it, they dont

simple
>>
>>18470888
THEN USE BIRTH CONTROL
I really don't get why people don't use bc
>>
>>18470892
Neisse if you don't have health insurance, that shit ain't free. If you're a teen, still living under your parents insurance there's a chance you won't ask for it. It's like you're all male here and don't understand the connotations of sex when being a female
>>
I pulled out. Am now the father of a 1 year old boy. 1 time really is all it takes, be careful.
>>
>>18470888
I'm a woman and I don't hate condoms
>>
All the birth control methods that are available to women are either invasive or unsafe in some way. Everyone hates condoms and men really don't want to tamper with their junk, even though a vasectomy is probably the safest of options, I believe they subconsciously want the pregnancy to happen where women will have sex with someone they may not necessarily want to reproduce with.
>>
>>18471070
You wouldn't, it doesn't reduce sensation for you. It just smells weird and the person you're having sex with enjoys themselves significantly less. They're also usually used when the participants aren't very familiar with one another.
>>
File: 1490054638129.png (461KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1490054638129.png
461KB, 565x486px
>>18470868
In my state it's rape to lie about your financial status for sex.
>>
>>18470892
Condoms -are- birth control and every single form of birth control comes with an array of downsides.

For oral hormonal contraception you have side effects like;
>(ironically) loss of sex drive
>depression and suicidal thoughts
>weight gain
>hair loss
>heightened risk for blood clots
>potentially heightened risk for breast cancer (not conclusive yet but signs pointing that way)

And then there's still the issue that many young girls feel ashamed getting their hands on hormonal birth control, especially when quite young. This typically leads horny young guys to go "okay I'll just pull out then" from the side of the guy, which leads to not pulling out in the heat of the moment, or just pregnancy from the precum and what not.
>>
>>18471011
A lot of women go on birth control to help with acne or regulate hormones. That's the main reason I went on it because my dermatologist insisted on it.

I was suffering from severe painful cystic acne on my cheeks. Birth control had cleared that shit up and I haven't had one cystic pimple since. But now I'm afraid if I ever get off birth control that the cysts will come back.

So teen girls could always say they need birth control for acne.
>>
>>18471095
huh what state and what law
>>
Random question fellas, if you grind naked for about 5 mins and you notice no secretion, also I know how a vagina feels so I'm 99% certain I did not penetrate her and she's on mini pill bc of irregular rule, how are the odds of preggo? I might just need reassurance though I know It is not possible
>>
>>18471138
>assuming all teen girls have acne
>>
>>18471146
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/11/rape_by_fraud_nj_lawmaker_introduces_bill_to_make_it_a_crime.html
>>
For me, the condom broke. We were new to sex, and so we didn't even notice.

Second time, I'm pretty sure I was drunk and really mad at her for something. So, that one was my fault.
>>
>>18471261
No but they can still use it to regulate hormones and use that as an excuse
>>
>>18471011
I'm not male. I'm female, which is why I understand the importance of not getting pregnant, and hence my confusion.

The stats in my OP are for UK where it's free for everyone.
>>
>>18471292
So you had two children accidentally?
>>
For my sister it was because they were stupid teens. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. She'd never use birth control even if she could afford it. The father of her baby already cheated, so that sums up how well this'll go.
>>
>>18471500
I got someone pregnant twice, accidentally
>>
Had a gf for 2 years, we never used condoms or birth control I just pulled out.
My pull out game was strong though, we never had a pregnancy scare
>>
When me and my gf were first dating she wasn't on any birth control. We both have a bit of an impregnation fetish and it was just about the hottest thing on earth to tease her with the tip of my dick and dirty talk her for as long as we both could stand. At least twice, maybe more shit went wrong, we got horny and aggressive and she ended up with a cream pie. At least one of those times I ended up staying hard throughout and came in her three times in a row. She took the morning after pill, but if a pregnancy resulted we would have considered it an accident.
>>
File: bateman_what.jpg (18KB, 385x397px) Image search: [Google]
bateman_what.jpg
18KB, 385x397px
>>18471656
Wew lad.
Did she have any problems after taking the Plan B pill?
>>
>>18469414
My ex had polycystic ovaries, doctor said chance of getting pregnant was like 0.1%. I wasn't entirely convinced so I used condoms every time. Long story short, she got pregnant.

Yep, just like that.
>>
>>18471241
100%
>>
>>18471779
Jesus christ dude. That doctor sucks.
>>
>>18471241
Depends on whether you kissed and held hands or not.
>>
>>18471270
"Hurrr I'm a stupid gullible whore, pleaze pruhtect me new jerzey"
>>
>>18471779
TRUE HIGH TEST MALE
>>
I used birth control.
It wasn't enough.
>>
>>18470848
Some people can't take hormonal birth control of any sort. But this isn't the main reason.

I think the main reason why a lot of people don't is that they're weirded out by an implant or an IUD as a thing that sits inside their body. It's also more expensive up-front, and if you live in a country where the procedure is not covered by insurance, people aren't going to do it because they don't have a couple hundred just lying around.

They end up spending more in the long run because they don't have a lump sum at the moment. Sucks, man.

And this is assuming they even know about it as an option. 90% of the US has absolutely terrible sex education that doesn't even tell you your options.
>>
>>18472130
>inb4 lol u just didn't take it right

I had an IUD, 99.8% effective. Didn't forget anything, couldn't have messed it up. Still didn't cut it.
>>
The thing that sucks about the birth control pill, is that the effectiveness could get messed up of you have diarrhea or vomiting.

Like if you vomited after taking your daily pill, that's considered a missed dosed. If you had diarrhea, your body may not have absorbed the effect of the birth control. If you take any kind of antibiotic, like amoxicillin, it could lower the effectiveness too.

It could explain those rare cases where girls get pregnant, even if they take the pill the same time every day.
>>
>>18472153
Different anon hereb I've known people who have gotten pregnant while having an IUD and apparently it was a huge ordeal.

Personally, I had no idea implants/IUDs were an option as I was uninsured and getting birth control from Planned Parenthood. I was getting Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for years, but the doctor they recommended Microgestin instead (I was guilty of occasionally taking my pill late due to an erratic work schedule) and it was explained to me that with this brand it wasn't as impactful if I took it a little bit later.

Needless to say, after 6 months on it I ended up pregnant. I love my kid, and don't regret him, but I was a little pissed that it happened.
>>
me and my girlfriend have been pregnant 3 times all while taking various forms of birth control.

Like literally the second time it happened we had been having sex with a condom and birth vontrol pills for months.
condom broke once(I basically have to use magnums and even that broke)

I'm glad you're asking this question, but it really makes me depressed when i think about the state of my country's sexual education and conservative values.
i feel like if some of these people picked up a book maybe there wouldn't be so many problems, but if you choose to remain ignorant, because you have the privilege to do so.
>>
>>18469414
People are stupid. Also I think some people are genetically predisposed to being careless when it comes to things like this.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.