[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boss refuses to accept 2 weeks notice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IVE_GOT_BOXES_FULL_OF_PEPE.jpg (33KB, 383x472px) Image search: [Google]
IVE_GOT_BOXES_FULL_OF_PEPE.jpg
33KB, 383x472px
I put in my two weeks last week, so the end just a few days away, but my boss just told me that he needs me to stay for AT LEAST 30 more days to sort things out for my departure. I really want to be able to use this guy as a reference in the future, but my new job starts really soon. What do?
>>
Tell him "well you can keep me on the payroll if you want, but I'm not showing up any more after this date"
>>
File: IMG_0649.jpg (968KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0649.jpg
968KB, 3264x2448px
Just tell him he'll understand.... probably
>>
>>18469173

2 weeks notice is mere courtesy on your behalf and the entire reason to give it is to allow your employer the time to set things up for your departure. It's not your fault your work is fucked. Just leave.
>>
Is there a notice period in your employment contract?
>>
>>18469173
>What do?

You tell him no. What, do you think that when your boss fires someone that he gives them a two week notice?

Depending on your new employment agreement, you may be able to work out something with your old employer like working on weekends or off-hours for another week or two, or as a contractor. However, if your boss is being extremely pushy or nasty about this, I would get the fuck out and sever contact.

You want to know what kind of reference he'd be in the future then have one of your friends call and pose as a prospective employer. See what he says about you.
>>
>>18469173
Assuming you're in the US and you do not have a written agreement, the notice period is a courtesy only. You are not required to give any notice at all. Pleasantly explain you have a new job and will be leaving. In the end it doesn't matter what the fuck he wants.
>>
>>18469210
>>18469262
this

if you signed an employment contract (or a contract that referenced rules in a handbook), read it and look for any rules about a notice period. if there are none, or if it's not longer than two weeks, you're not under any obligation to come in.

of course, you probably won't be able to use him as a reference in the future.
>>
>>18469173
Find a replacement and train them
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.