[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get treatment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0027.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
I meet criteria for binge eating disorder, EXCEPT that it doesn't cause me significant distress. At the most, mild irritation/guilt.

But at the same time, I live with others and they're really irritated with it. For instance, I'll eat a box of cookies each night, and they'll only figure out a few days later, and be angry that they couldn't have any. Or I'll drink 25 cokes in the span of a couple days. Or I'll eat a box of 30 chocolate puddings and a party sized bag of chips in a single night.

Just thinking about it, I eat the itch to go to the store and eat an obscene amount of sweets.

>inb4 people calling me a fatty

I'm 5'10" and weigh 130 pounds.
>>
poast pix of ass
>>
File: IMG_0694.jpg (198KB, 798x1155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0694.jpg
198KB, 798x1155px
>>18468819
Why the fuck not
>>
>>18468814
kys faggot
>>
>>18468852
Hah, fatty
>>
>>18468814
Bump for answers. Is this a real problem or am I just being a faggot?

>>18468860
>lmao xD xD xD
>>
>>18468870
your fat faggot
>>
>>18468870
Pls respond
>>
>>18468814
When did it start?
>>
>>18468947
When I was 12 or 13, around then, after my dad divorced his second wife (my stepmother). We had to move and it stressed me out. At about the same time I started to pull out my hair, although that's resolved now.

I'd go to a restaurant/buffet with my dad, sister, and grandmother, eat as much as I could physically fit in my belly, walk out to the car, and vomit in the parking lot. This was a regular occurance.

I don't vomit often any more, but the compulsive behavior remains. I'm 19 now.
>>
>>18468956
holy shit dude.

ok so i am very stressed as a result of university and me being not as smart as the other kids.

I've never vomited before, but i often put sweets or fatty foods in my mouth and spit them into the toilet.

I also did twist my hair compulsively till i pulled small strands out. I am not at the vomiting stage since I find vomit or anything close to it a terrible feeling but I'm getting close to just doing it once.
>>
>>18469037
Don't start, it's the worst habit.
>>
>>18468814
I think you should look for attention with a psychoanalyst. Make sure his profile is Lacanian.
I know this may not me immeidately helpful, but I'm familiar with the theory and practice of psychoanalysis and I think this could be one of your best options. Mainly because of that bigass lapsus you just had:
>Just thinking about it, I EAT the itch to go to the store and eat an obscene amount of sweets.
>>
>>18469037
chew/spit isn't the best habit for you either. I avoid purging by using guilt and punishment. If I'm going to eat something, then my punishment is to gain weight for it. If you give yourself the "out" of vomiting, it'll be all that much easier to binge.

>>18469277
>Lacanian
What's this? Why do you recommend it for eating disorders?
>>
>>18469488
Because it's deeply concerned with symbolic and unconscious shit.
Eating disorders are perfect examples of this kind of problems because they show the distinction between real food (nourishment) and symbolic food (desire and pleasure of eating) along with the related personal problems with pleasure, pain, etc.
>>
>>18469514
Huh. Not a bad idea. Maybe I'd have better luck with that if we went through the perspective of my ED rather than focusing on the depression.
>>
EDNOS for 8 years here.
If it doesn't cause you significant distress now, it will eventually..
I recommend getting help. Currently trying to find inpatient treatment because I'm not eating unless I'm binging and vomiting.
It's ruined my life.
>>
>>18469525
Good luck on your recovery. I've been trying to self-recover from EDNOS since February, and it's awful.
>>
>>18469525
I guess, yeah.

I just feel silly going up to a counselor, all, "Yeah, I do this thing that may ruin my life but also maybe not and it's not that bad right now lulz," yknow?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.