[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my psychologist incompetent? Are psychologists a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
I now have been to my psychologist about 12 times more or less in the last 2 monts+. I think this shit won't give me anything.
For the last 11 times, it looked pretty much like this: She would ask me questions, about my past, about what I feel, my problems, and it kinda looked like she wanted my to talk about it thinking this alone will help me.
Sometimes she would draw conclusions, but in my mind I was always like "nooo really? I would have never guessed /sarcasm".
So yesterday I asked her, where are we going with all of this... she asked me what I want in the end, well I said to get better at least a little bit to have just any slight of energy to live and get off my ass.
So she started to push the "don't look at the bad sides of your life, look at the positives" type of shit.
I kept telling her that it's too hard for me, because there was waaaaay more bad shit in my life than the good stuff (no joking, it's about 95 bad : 5 good), but still her mindset was "well, but at least there was something good".
So what the hell is it? Is this the best psychologists can do? If so, then I don't need her, I can tell myself how shitty my life was and talk about it alone, I have drawn the same conclusions myself, the "look at the bright side of life" BS doesn't work for me...
I tried taking antidepressants (2 types of them) and they only made me feel worse, and I am ATM too weak physically to take the side effects, that may or may not disappear, and the drug may or may not help me.
I think psychologists only work for people with slight problems, when the depressions kicks in, when there is still hope, when their lifes were not as miserable as my was.

What do?

tl;dr - My psychologists doesn't help me at all, she only wants me to speak about my problem, makes conclusions that I already made and pushes "look at the good side of life" while most of my life (95%) was shit and it doesn't work. Are psychologists just a meme?
>>
>>18468091

You went in with unrealistic expectations. Shrinks can't "fix" you, that's something yiu have to do yourself. Their job is literally to draw your attention to problems and issues you might yourself avoid addressing or acknowledging. They can't offer premade solutions. Personally, I found it helpful when I was at my lowest point, because talking to someone who didn't know me a few times helped me to commit to change and to admit aloud where I was going wrong. I went 7 times and then fixed my situation myself. It sounds like you're at the same point now. Time to do shit, instead of saying shit.
>>
>>18468091

Your psychologist can do nothing to help you if you don't speak openly about what's on your mind to begin with. It sounds like you are holding back.
>>
>>18468096
Okay but it doesn't seem to work for me. I know the stuff I'm talking there. I know the problems I have and all the conclusions etc.
12 hours later I know nothing more and I am not closer to getting better. The problem I have is I don't know how to repair myself.
I thought I would get this with a psychologist. Some ideas, where to start. I literally know my problems.
Maybe, maybe my expectations were unrealistic, but it's the people here that told me to go there.
If that;'s the best ashrink can do for me, then I better not waste anymore money.

>>18468098
Uhm by what do you say that? What's the indicator of that? I told her literally everything. i even told her how much of a tfwnogf guy I am, she said "oh well you can't just focus on other people"...
Even though there were people that killed themselves because they were alone. So this is not a non-psychological problem, and she treated it like that.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.