[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I learn to love myself, or just get away from feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: C4mkSSWWYAAml3s.jpg (16KB, 342x301px) Image search: [Google]
C4mkSSWWYAAml3s.jpg
16KB, 342x301px
How can I learn to love myself, or just get away from feeling alone?

I have some hobbies (lifting, cosplaying, anime/vidya, competitive Vidya, cycling, photography, cooking, up for anything new desu) friends, acquaintances, coworkers and a semi okay relationship with my family (we don't hate or bother each other, but they're like strangers to me). My friends and coworkers come to me for emotional support or to vent a decent amount.There are a lot of times where I feel like I do not fit in at all and ask myself "why am I here" when I hang out with friends/coworkers, yet they still invite me out. Even with all that I haven't really felt a bond with anyone in years, this loneliness is seriously starting to get to me.

My life should be considered nice as there are so many worse off than me, but I feel miserable. Suicidal thoughts have been crossing my mind more and more.
>>
>>18468020
>>18468020
I know that feel bro. Pretty much down to a tee and I question what the point is or who would miss me despite the fact I know people care and I have a good job/prospects. I guess all I can say to you is what I know of my own situation, even if I debate it's worth, at the end of the day it is worth it:

You sound like you have people that care about you or hold you in high esteem. Life and job-wise you probably have it better than most and even if that's not a good reason to be happy it means you have opportunities which you need to take. The way you feel is maybe because you don't see all the things you do as being significant, probably because of your own high standards/expectancies of others but you don't see the you other people do.

Keep working hard, keep trying to enjoy yourself, put yourself out there a bit more. It might not feel great or worth it now but I hope there'll be a time when you realise you're in a funk that you'll be able to see far behind you one day.
>>
>>18468020

What helped me was finding a reason to believe that I was a good person. I did this by writing a list of things/ideas I value and analyzing why I value them. Maybe you should try the same. Include anything that matters to you, whether it's something about a person that you like, or something you enjoy doing, or something that crosses your mind a lot. Or even just ideals you seek in a person. They don't have to all be positive, just be honest with yourself about what you feel is important and what you find yourself thinking about constantly. As examples, I wrote things like:

>final exit(suicide)
>honesty
>talk, don't argue
>challenge others' logic and your own
>pay attention
>remove "i can't" "i'm sorry" "i don't know" "i guess"

Just random shit I felt was important to write down and that I feel is indicative of who I am as a person. When I overlooked this list and analyzed why they mattered to me I realized they were generally tied to betterment of myself and values that I believe are inherently good. So it made me feel like a genuinely good person once I got to the bottom of why I feel the way I feel.

It might sound irrelevant or cockamamie but I really don't see a path to self-love without serious self analysis.
>>
File: AT THE SOUP STORE.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AT THE SOUP STORE.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
Try to find a "bestie" among your friends. Someone you could open up to, and not just listen to.
A similar problem haunted me too until recently. I was the listener, and never the talker. I felt alone. And I also felt as a cumdumpster of emotions, for other people but myself.
Until recently I found two good friends whom I can share with my problems and life, which lifted most of my loneliness off my shoulders.
>>
>>18468020
You have two options change how you feel so that you match up or change yourself so that you match up to how you feel
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.